Eagles, will win the Super Bowl this year, and be atleast 12-4

Re: Eagles, will win the Super Bowl this year, and be atleast 12-4

two not one

Funny how a qb get punished because he has a good defense and good running game...

steelers have the best defense in the nfl. They won the superbowl due to their defense. Not rothlis being an amazing qb that no 1 could replace.

He's not good . Not sure why if u sub in flacco. All of a sudden pitt = a joke.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Did their defense lead 'em down the field in the final minutes to score and win?

Cee's criteria for a good QB...

Has a bad defense
Has no Running game
Doesn't win Super bowls
Puts up big numbers
Never wins anything

roach23

Banned

yeah, who knew u would answer superbowl

That's the answer for every qb who's not good at foots. U can't list any stats

so u just superbowl win so he's awesome.

Eli won a superbowl and he's awful. as have many other bad qbs..
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

So now stats mean something? 3 posts earlier you said people who write about the draft don't know shit cause they only look at stats and watch the games. They don't "analyze things deeper" like you do. :LMAO

So now stats mean something? 3 posts earlier you said people who write about the draft don't know shit cause they only look at stats and watch the games. They don't "analyze things deeper" like you do. :LMAO
"only" being the key word

nice try tho 91023i2ndw;l

two not one

Funny how a qb get punished because he has a good defense and good running game...

who said he's punished?

How'd they do in 2006 when pitt was 9th in defense instead of #1 like in '07 '08?

cassiusclay

EOG Master

you guys would make a great radio show, this shit blows mike and mike away.

JeffEaglz

EOG Enthusiast

Philadelphia had a "meh" offseason before the trade for Peters.
Losing C-buck and Dawkins were two shots on both sides of the ball.

Then came the draft, and Philly blew it out of the water. Only NE put on a better clinic. They both "won" because they got vets that were proven players out of draft picks and also got value players AND future picks. That's how you win a draft, regardless of players hitting or missing.

Many draftniks are lauding the Eagles' draft. I'm thrilled to hear it, but I am a "show me" kind of guy and I don't have much time to watch college ball. I do watch (and get paid to watch) the NFL, so I like to think I know what I'm talking about.

Hearing Maclin as a potential ROY candidate from >1 "expert" is very encouraging. For those dismissing that from a rookie WR - well, can you pick a better team for a rookie WR to fall into a starting role and put up 800+ yards? Maybe NO or AZ, but not many others. McNabb's a virtual lock for 4,000 yards if he starts all year, and Andy Reid is pass-happy. Couple this with the fact that Maclin's able to partake in OTAs (a big deal for rookies who need every snap they can get - some can't until their class graduates) AND that Kevin Curtis is sidelined, I would not be surprised to see DeSean and Maclin on the field together very often.

Add in McCoy (after Knowshon, the best RB fit for the WCO / Andy Reid) who can catch well and cut well, an improved O-line and a theft of a real pass-catching TE in the 5th round of C. Ingram and you could see some deadly speed on the field for Philly's offense. The O-line improvements are amazing as well - who gets two starting tackles in one off-season?

The concerns are on defense, but they improved by getting rid of Sean "Speed Bump" Considine. Dawkins hurts emotionally and in the locker room, but he had lost more than a step and Mikell is primed to take over. Demps can play and there's another rookie to watch at safety.....

I will tell you this - mark it down - the heir of that defensive FS spot will be 5th round pick Victor "Macho" Harris.

Defensive line could be a weakness, I will give you that, and the young LB corps must continue to step up. That's a tough TE division and someone has to cover Cooley, Boss and above all others, Witten.

As for the rest of the division - Washington didn't do so great in the draft or in free agency after the big man in the middle (Haynesworth). Their QB is shaken in confidence and plays musical playbooks every 12 months. Portis and Betts are not getting any younger (but Portis is hilarious with comments about bailing on OTAs).

Dallas? TO will hurt more than most will think. The defense is good, but the Giants are far better. Dallas has Roy Williams and Miles Austin (really??) outside of Witten. Romo needs to play well in December for a change. DeMarcus Ware is a force. The RB corps is great with MB3 and Felix Jones along with Choice.

The loss of TO is huge, though - ask any Giants fan after Plax was gone. Losing one player can be big, especially a #1 WR. He commands coverage and dictates to defenses, something that Hixon or Steve Smith or Nicks cannot do. The same will happen for Roy Smith in Dallas.

While anything can happen and often does, I expect the strong defense in New York to clash mightily with a run and gun Philly offense for the divisional crown. Dallas will be 3rd, and a dysfunctional Washington team to bring up the rear - although with a respectable 7-8 win season.

JeffEaglz

EOG Enthusiast

you guys would make a great radio show, this shit blows mike and mike away.

You South Jersey guys might want to check out ESPN on Fridays this fall.... last year I was on with Mike Gill at 5:40 most every week starting in August. :)