EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (WOODROW WILSON is our September contestant)

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I counter with yes its a small sample which means that a short term hot streak is more possible

Yet a 16% win rate for contestants is awful.

More fake bettors on this site then people let on

If 16% is so awful, I'd counter with an offer: you buy in for $320 and I'll pay out $1000 (+ refund buy-in), same rules as GC.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It's OK, (about the Expected Value for a long term 51% capper) especially with Rule #7 which prevents someone from sitting on a lead when 6 games over 50%.

ComptrBob was responsible for Rule #7.

Many years ago, I consulted with him on the rules for the Grand Challenge and he suggested the amendment.

Protects the house and creates excitement over the final week of the event.

Heim

EOG Master
September is a tough month filled with speculation for the highest volume sport. Little empirical data to support a trend. Of course there's always baseball. 😅

kane

EOG master
I think getting the best number you can is key to winning long term, last week I had the Eagles/Pats Under 46, the game closed 43.5, it landed 45, now the vast majority of the time it won't matter, but over the course of a long season, I'll win a high enough percentage of games solely due to getting the best line that it makes a big difference. This week I have S Alabama +9.5, right now the line is 7, I have Ga Tech +20.5, right now the line is 18, I have Mia O +16.5, right now the line is 14, I have FIU +8, right now the line is 7, I have Seattle +6, right now the line is 4.5. I try to always get the best number I can, of course I don't beat the closer on every play, but the majority of the time I do, to me it's important

railbird

EOG Master
He laid 4 with a team now favored by 5.5, that's how you win long term, of course you're too fucking dumb to get it
i took+6 -120. now its 4. are you going to lay -4? or do you go need to leach an idea off of one someone else first?

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I think getting the best number you can is key to winning long term, last week I had the Eagles/Pats Under 46, the game closed 43.5, it landed 45, now the vast majority of the time it won't matter, but over the course of a long season, I'll win a high enough percentage of games solely due to getting the best line that it makes a big difference. This week I have S Alabama +9.5, right now the line is 7, I have Ga Tech +20.5, right now the line is 18, I have Mia O +16.5, right now the line is 14, I have FIU +8, right now the line is 7, I have Seattle +6, right now the line is 4.5. I try to always get the best number I can, of course I don't beat the closer on every play, but the majority of the time I do, to me it's important
Appears to be a trend here that you are finding dogs that could bark?

kane

EOG master
Appears to be a trend here that you are finding dogs that could bark?
Yeah, 99% of my plays are dogs, I look for favorites in a bad spot or dogs in a good spot, the reason I beat the line so often is due to good instinct and a lot of screen watching

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Yeah, 99% of my plays are dogs, I look for favorites in a bad spot or dogs in a good spot, the reason I beat the line so often is due to good instinct and a lot of screen watching

I lost count of your plays this week. How many bets have you made thus far for Saturday & Sunday foots ?

kane

EOG master
I lost count of your plays this week. How many bets have you made thus far for Saturday & Sunday foots ?
How many bets have I made, or how many have I posted? So far I've made 12 plays, I believe 6 or 7 have been posted

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Looks like a good day. 4 of the 5 you mentioned covered.

Heim

EOG Master
Where are we now? I know WW had a nice little CFB streak.

I feel I'm at the Stardust watching the ticker waiting for something positive....