For those trashing the Bears and their win... (Cutler bashers too)

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Re: For those trashing the Bears and their win... (Cutler bashers too)

Denver traded Cutler because moron McDaniels came in and wanted Cassel and soured his relationship with Cutler.

period. That's the only reason and it cost McDaniels his job pretty quickly.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

How many QBs in the NFL can make that play. nearly 70 yards on a line, perfect throw.

The answer is one.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

Teams trade qb's to rebuild when the qb gets old and the team wants to get younger with draft picks. Not when he was a 1st round draft pick, pro bowler, and 25 years old entering the prime of his career. I call that cutting your losses.

Im not sure why you're still arguing though. I said I thought Cutler was overrated and you argued, Then I said Cutler was a hall of famer and should have his statue already carved and fitted for super bowl rings and you still argued. Very confused.

I wouldn't take too much of what Bigrunner says to heart...I think he's just a troll.
He mentioned earlier that if Cutler was on Denver last year instead of Manning, they may of won that superbowl game...and if he was on Denver and they lost the superbowl, it would of been the offensive lines fault for not giving him enough time. But hey, at least we know that bigrunner thinks Cutler is better than Manning.

Everyone should just make a list. Cutler is a good QB, of course the best in Bears history, since they've always had defense to make them decent. He's the only guy that I've ever seen on the team that makes me excited about the offense, but disappoints every year...

Manning
Brees
Luck
Wilson
Rivers
Rodgers

Those are all guys that I'd 100% take over Cutler. There are others I'd rather have than Cutler, but are in the same league, so I didn't put them in. Right around 10th on my list.

And I don't think people are saying Cutler is bad, he's just not living up to expectations (and I'm not talking about putting numbers in the win column, talking stats) People say Lebron is horrible because he can't win championships, well championships don't say you're a bad player, if you can't win championships you're not on a good team. I believe people on here talk shit about Manning saying he can't win, well that may be true but he's also a first ballot hall of famer, because he puts up ridiculous individual stats...

To me when you talk about a player being good, it's not about championships or wins, because that takes a team effort...Good players make plays with bad WR's, with bad O-lines...They make other players better, they don't depend on other all-stars to make all the plays...They make no-namers good. I don't know if Cutler ever will make a no-namer good, like Brady/Manning have done consistently throughout their careers. I know Cutler will never be those guys and it's unfair to compare it, but people saying Cutler hasn't been putting up huge numbers because the other PRO BOWLERS on the team aren't healthy...That's just making fucking excuses for a player that isn't as good as you want him to be.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

Peavy, Do you remember the 2011 season. To refresh your memory I believe the Bears beat San Diego 31-20 on November 20, 2011. Bears were 7-3 after this victory. Do you remember this game and do you recall what happened to the Bears after this game?
vaguely..I think that was one of the years we had the worst special teams in the history of the NFL..blocked punts for tds and kick and punt returns for tds seemingly every game...

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

How many QBs in the NFL can make that play. nearly 70 yards on a line, perfect throw.

The answer is one.
I forgot all about javon Walker..he had a couple of good years then got injured(I think?) then ended up getting drunk and beaten to hell and found in a gutter in Vegas and haven't really heard of him since..

richsox24

EOG Master

I wouldn't take too much of what Bigrunner says to heart...I think he's just a troll.
He mentioned earlier that if Cutler was on Denver last year instead of Manning, they may of won that superbowl game...and if he was on Denver and they lost the superbowl, it would of been the offensive lines fault for not giving him enough time. But hey, at least we know that bigrunner thinks Cutler is better than Manning.

Everyone should just make a list. Cutler is a good QB, of course the best in Bears history, since they've always had defense to make them decent. He's the only guy that I've ever seen on the team that makes me excited about the offense, but disappoints every year...

Manning
Brees
Luck
Wilson
Rivers
Rodgers

Those are all guys that I'd 100% take over Cutler. There are others I'd rather have than Cutler, but are in the same league, so I didn't put them in. Right around 10th on my list.

And I don't think people are saying Cutler is bad, he's just not living up to expectations (and I'm not talking about putting numbers in the win column, talking stats) People say Lebron is horrible because he can't win championships, well championships don't say you're a bad player, if you can't win championships you're not on a good team. I believe people on here talk shit about Manning saying he can't win, well that may be true but he's also a first ballot hall of famer, because he puts up ridiculous individual stats...

To me when you talk about a player being good, it's not about championships or wins, because that takes a team effort...Good players make plays with bad WR's, with bad O-lines...They make other players better, they don't depend on other all-stars to make all the plays...They make no-namers good. I don't know if Cutler ever will make a no-namer good, like Brady/Manning have done consistently throughout their careers. I know Cutler will never be those guys and it's unfair to compare it, but people saying Cutler hasn't been putting up huge numbers because the other PRO BOWLERS on the team aren't healthy...That's just making fucking excuses for a player that isn't as good as you want him to be.

Taylor, I don't take what bigrunner says to heart. We are actually friends outside of forumville. We just have 100% opposite opinions on Cutler. I think that list you gave is very generous to Cutler because in addition to the qb's you listed, I would also take Big Ben without a doubt and give a lot of consideration to Brady, Eli, Flacco, Ryan, Folz, and a healthy Cam Newton.

A lot of people are saying this is the best chance/team Cutler has so I guess we'll just re-visit this thread in December/January.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Taylor, I don't take what bigrunner says to heart. We are actually friends outside of forumville. We just have 100% opposite opinions on Cutler. I think that list you gave is very generous to Cutler because in addition to the qb's you listed, I would also take Big Ben without a doubt and give a lot of consideration to Brady, Eli, Flacco, Ryan, Folz, and a healthy Cam Newton.

A lot of people are saying this is the best chance/team Cutler has so I guess we'll just re-visit this thread in December/January.

lol Ryan. Cam. Eli. You are full of chuckles.

richsox24

EOG Master

Javy, I take that as you are agreeing on Big Ben, Flacco, Brady and Folz? Just curious.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

Rich, Those are the guys that I'd 100% take over Cutler...as for the next 5-10 guys, I would take Cutler or any of them and be excited...Big Ben, Kaepernick, Brady, Ryan, probably 1 or 3 more...All are the same to me, good QB's.

Javy, give a list of QB's you'd rather have over cutler...Maybe just a top 10 list. Thanks.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Javy, I take that as you are agreeing on Big Ben, Flacco, Brady and Folz? Just curious.

You really think Foles is better than Cutler? Lots of these names, it depends on whether we're talking now or in their career.

Eli went from above average to amazing overnight thanks to two lucky wins over the Patriots. Now he's flat out terrible, but people still point to his titles.

I'll tell you this. The Bears would be a much worse team with many of these names at QB RIGHT NOW than Jay Cutler.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Rich, Those are the guys that I'd 100% take over Cutler...as for the next 5-10 guys, I would take Cutler or any of them and be excited...Big Ben, Kaepernick, Brady, Ryan, probably 1 or 3 more...All are the same to me, good QB's.

Javy, give a list of QB's you'd rather have over cutler...Maybe just a top 10 list. Thanks.

There are less than 5 QBs that would make the Bears a better football team than they are now. I'll keep you in suspense as to who they are. There aren't more than 5.

richsox24

EOG Master

You really think Foles is better than Cutler? Lots of these names, it depends on whether we're talking now or in their career.

Eli went from above average to amazing overnight thanks to two lucky wins over the Patriots. Now he's flat out terrible, but people still point to his titles.

I'll tell you this. The Bears would be a much worse team with many of these names at QB RIGHT NOW than Jay Cutler.

Cutler is what he is. He's not getting any better. Foles still has tremendous upside, plus he may be better than Cutler already.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

Cutler is what he is. He's not getting any better. Foles still has tremendous upside, plus he may be better than Cutler already.

Nick Foles best WR would be slightly better than Bears 3rd WR...White guys running all over the field trying to make plays for him. Foles coming back down to earth after last year, just like Hoyer will be doing soon. Don't know if I'd say Foles is better, but he's never had big playmakers. He had Desean who was pretty much a 1 trick pony.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

Brees seems to be experiencing Sproles withdrawals..68.8% completion percentage is top shelf but most if not all of his other metrics are way down...Sproles is such a valuable safety valve for a QB with his ability in space and big play potential.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Nick Foles best WR would be slightly better than Bears 3rd WR...White guys running all over the field trying to make plays for him. Foles coming back down to earth after last year, just like Hoyer will be doing soon. Don't know if I'd say Foles is better, but he's never had big playmakers. He had Desean who was pretty much a 1 trick pony.

Foles is in a system that is currently cutting edge and tough to defend. You don't think that's part of it?

PFF says that Cutler was the best QB week 6.
OFFENSEQuarterback: Jay Cutler, CHI (+6.6)
Picking up the win in Atlanta, Jay Cutler produced one of the best performances you’ll see all year to edge out Joe Flacco as our starting quarterback this week. He went 8-of-13 for 239 yards on throws traveling at least 10 yards downfield.
Honorable Mention: Joe Flacco, BAL
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/10/13/all-star-team-of-the-week-week-6/

By tiers

1. Rodgers
2. P. Manning
3. Rivers
4. Brees
5. Brady
--------------------------------------------------------
6. Luck
7. Big Ben
8. Cutler
9. Ryan
10. Romo
11. Foles
12. Flacco
13. Eli
14. Stafford

-------------------------------------------------------
Newton, Hoyer, Dalton, Smith, Kap, Wilson in no particular order

Someday Luck may be the best of all. Bortles could be really good too.

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

White guys can't wide receive...

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

Foles is in a system that is currently cutting edge and tough to defend. You don't think that's part of it?

Does it mater how "cutting edge" it is when you have only 1 guy on the team that can make plays, the running back? So no matter how cutting edge the offense style is, you can't expect anything good when you're only player is the Running Back.

Very similar to the Bears right? Marshall hurt/Alshon hurt/Martellus is black....They only have a running back, so every excuse under the sun could be used.

Philly doesn't have hurt players, they only have talent at the running back...Unless you put manning out there, then those no name WR's will be pro-bowlers...because top Qb's don't need the best players to be good...mediocre ones do and when those top players are injured, let the excuses fly on why the QB can't produce...

See how easy it is to make excuses for a middle of the pack good player....Matt Stafford sucks to, yep it's only because Calvin has been hurt...Otherwise he's the best QB of this generation, ohh and he needs a better offensive line and better starting position for his offense too...umm and they need red gatorade and they've been getting blue gatorade.

Cutler is nothing more than an underachieving QB that will likely NEVER live up to the hype...that's why he get's bashed. He'll have good/great games now and then, but will not be top QB in the league, ever.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

It's the whole package. It's the drive. Guys like Cutler and Stafford can go toe to toe with anybody in the league as far as talent wise but you'd be hard pressed to see them spend more than x amount of hours watching tape, practicing 110%, giving it their all. Stafford has always been a beer drinking Georgia boy who still thinks he's in college and Cutler just doesn't have that drive. He's the type of guy who can sleep well after throwing 4 INT's, who tries to justify why it's somebody else's fault while doing absolutely nothing to correct things. That's why these guys and their teams are the most inconsistent teams in the league. It's almost like, "I'll play when I want to play", "I'll show up when I want to show up". With the type of arms they both have, it's just sad to see.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

It's the whole package. It's the drive. Guys like Cutler and Stafford can go toe to toe with anybody in the league as far as talent wise but you'd be hard pressed to see them spend more than x amount of hours watching tape, practicing 110%, giving it their all. Stafford has always been a beer drinking Georgia boy who still thinks he's in college and Cutler just doesn't have that drive. He's the type of guy who can sleep well after throwing 4 INT's, who tries to justify why it's somebody else's fault while doing absolutely nothing to correct things. That's why these guys and their teams are the most inconsistent teams in the league. It's almost like, "I'll play when I want to play", "I'll show up when I want to show up". With the type of arms they both have, it's just sad to see.

Yep, both should be much better than they are. But since I have no idea how they go about their business off field/practices, but I can only imagine that they do care and do things to make themselves better...Both just retarded and think they can rely on that right arm strength to fix everything...What did that one comedian say? You can't fix stupid? eh

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

There's no complaints about Cutler's work ethic in Chicago.

You're letting your own perception of his facial expressions cast an entire blanket judgment on his work ethic. How stupid can you guys be? He hates the media and hates stupid play calls from shitty offensive coordinators. That doesn't mean he hates football.

Cutler can scream at an underperforming offensive lineman and he's a terrible team mate. Brady and Manning can do it, and they are phenomenal leaders. You guys really do just get spoon fed your opinions by ESPN, it is pathetic.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

"Hates stupid play calls from shitty offensive coordinators" translation: It's always somebody else's fault. Believe me when I say, Cutler sleeps well even after a bad game.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

"Hates stupid play calls from shitty offensive coordinators" translation: It's always somebody else's fault. Believe me when I say, Cutler sleeps well even after a bad game.

how many offensive coordinators has he had in his NFL career?

Last time he was in a functional offensive system before Trestman, he made the pro bowl with Denver.

His stats this year are pretty good, despite having everyone banged up on the offensive line and his best two receivers missing lots of snaps.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

how many offensive coordinators has he had in his NFL career?

Last time he was in a functional offensive system before Trestman, he made the pro bowl with Denver.

His stats this year are pretty good, despite having everyone banged up on the offensive line and his best two receivers missing lots of snaps.

Well now that everyone is healthy, we can expect big things(individual stat wise) and at the least make the playoffs right? I mean he is a top 3 QB in the league and that's a FACT. Good to see there should be no more excuses from this point forward. Unless of course Marshall only plays 67 of 70 offensive snaps, then we can blame him for the loss for needing to rest a few running plays.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Well now that everyone is healthy, we can expect big things(individual stat wise) and at the least make the playoffs right? I mean he is a top 3 QB in the league and that's a FACT. Good to see there should be no more excuses from this point forward. Unless of course Marshall only plays 67 of 70 offensive snaps, then we can blame him for the loss for needing to rest a few running plays.

There seems to be a disconnect between your brain and reality. Cutler can play good football and this team can still miss the playoffs. You know that right? They need to go 7-3 down the stretch and they have a hard schedule and play a lot of good offenses.

From memory, they still have the Packers, Cowboys, Patriots, Lions left on their schedule.

What are you going to say if the Patriots beat the Bears 38-34? Cutler's fault, right?

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

There seems to be a disconnect between your brain and reality. Cutler can play good football and this team can still miss the playoffs. You know that right? They need to go 7-3 down the stretch and they have a hard schedule and play a lot of good offenses.

From memory, they still have the Packers, Cowboys, Patriots, Lions left on their schedule.

What are you going to say if the Patriots beat the Bears 38-34? Cutler's fault, right?

Whoa....I'm not the person that exhausted every possible excuse as to why someone hasn't put up top QB numbers at least once in his career. There should be zero excuses for a guy with Cutlers Hall of Fame talent.

Cutler/Marshall/Alshon/Forte/Bennett/finally a decent o-line/defense starting to play better....The Bears with the most talented offensive weapons ever assembled into one team, and they can't outscore every single team? Shouldn't matter that your D can't stop anyone (even though the bears can now)...Your offensive weapons at full strength should be putting up numbers that have never been seen.(outisde of the greatest show on turf)

If Pats beat the Bears? No won't be Cutlers fault, it will be that he lost to a better QB according to most people. But to some delusional people, it will be that the grass was 2.5" long instead of 2.25" long.

richsox24

EOG Master

And if against the Pats, Cutler goes 32-40 for 324 yards and 3 td's and 0 int's and they lose 38-34, then its obviously not on Cutler. But if he throws a couple picks (that are his fault as opposed to hitting his receiver in the chest), that lead to 10 points off turnovers and they lose by 4, then yes, Cutler should warrant a lot of the blame.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

And if against the Pats, Cutler goes 32-40 for 324 yards and 3 td's and 0 int's and they lose 38-34, then its obviously not on Cutler. But if he throws a couple picks (that are his fault as opposed to hitting his receiver in the chest), that lead to 10 points off turnovers and they lose by 4, then yes, Cutler should warrant a lot of the blame.

Ummmm you can't be serious...Everyone knows that no matter how the game goes it will be Cutlers fault to all the haters out there...Because everyone either Hates the guy or Loves the guy, there can't possibly be someone in the middle with a unbiased opinion on the guy....That's just ABSURD.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

Coulda sworn people were saying "look at his Win-Loss stats, they are pretty fucking good"...Making it seem like he's some god out there on the field...Sure he wins games...So does Alex Smith.

Yikes, I may of just compared Jay Cutler to Alex Smith....But really, I'm just giving an honest opinion on the guy, I like him, just isn't coming close to the expectations that I had for him. But apparently he's doing fantastic in others peoples thought, and fantastic to them is just a middle of the pack guy (stat wise)(which is how players should be judged)(not by win-loss records of their TEAM)

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Here's the reality... you'll never ever know what INT is Cutler's fault and what isn't. Cutler has thrown some bad picks this year according to you and the media. They can also be directly attributed to incorrect routes run by Marshall, Bennett, etc. You're not going to see Cutler or any other QB throw someone under the bus. You're not going to know when an INT is on the QB or on the WR because you're not in the huddle.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Ummmm you can't be serious...Everyone knows that no matter how the game goes it will be Cutlers fault to all the haters out there...Because everyone either Hates the guy or Loves the guy, there can't possibly be someone in the middle with a unbiased opinion on the guy....That's just ABSURD.

Your sarcasm shows that you aren't really sure how sarcasm works.

Cutler is really blamed for every loss, no matter how he performed.

High Times

EOG Master

Cutler's interceptions make him very average .... That's the reality.

Same as Vick, Romo, Eli (now), McNabb, and on and on .......

Guys like Dilfer, Theisman, Brad Johnson, McManan, Flacco, and the great Eli won Super Bowls because they didn't turn the ball over........

Nobody as careless with the ball like Cutler will ever be considered better than average!

Period

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Hey Raiders - I know you are not a Cam Newton fan. What do you think his numbers would be if he had Cutler's weapons?

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Cutler's interceptions make him very average .... That's the reality.

Same as Vick, Romo, Eli (now), McNabb, and on and on .......

Guys like Dilfer, Theisman, Brad Johnson, McManan, Flacco, and the great Eli won Super Bowls because they didn't turn the ball over........

Nobody as careless with the ball like Cutler will ever be considered better than average!

Period

A clueless NFL fan thinks Cutler is average? Oh no... whatever will the Bears do now? :doh1:LMAO

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

Your sarcasm shows that you aren't really sure how sarcasm works.

Cutler is really blamed for every loss, no matter how he performed.

Sarcasm? I was being serious.
Javy, you and bigrunner LOVE Cutler and think he is top QB in the league.
The rest of us think he is around 10th QB give or take a few. Most of us say he has all the talent in the world, just for some reason can't get it done.

Yet you think everyone blames him for every loss. Because you make an excuse for every game and put absolutely zero blame on him, because you blindly love him.

You want me to open my eyes and see what's the reality...That's exactly what I've done. Seems like you should take your own suggestion and look around and realize people do more than cutler with alot less weapons...There can only be one reason for that, the QB is just better than him.

Unfortunately there is better QB's in the league...Stats show it. Cutler is good, you should defend when people say he's in the bottom 10...But you are trying to convince people that he is the tops in the league...which he clearly is not. Talent wise, he could easily be top in the league (Kapernick has a load of talent as well)...But nobody screaming that Vernon Davis is injured and the O-line is missing a starter and if they were 100% healthy then Kapernick would easily be best QB in the league...Because that would be absurd.

You've failed to mention your list of QB's in the top 10...We know why, it's because you list Cutler as #1...And then this thread will die, because everyone will know you're a joke...But your just leaving us on edge by not coming out and saying he is better than manning ever was, which it's obvious you think that, but he hasn't had the defense that manning has and the O-line that manning has had and all the top weapons at every position like manning always had.

High Times

EOG Master

There's no complaints about Cutler's work ethic in Chicago.

:+clueless

You're letting your own perception of his facial expressions cast an entire blanket judgment on his work ethic.

He hasn't learned to read defenses yet...... What exactly does he work at?

He hates the media and hates stupid play calls from shitty offensive coordinators.

Which shows his incompetence because he can change any play at the line of scrimmage but he can't do that even after 8 years in the league and having one of the best offensive coaches of all time to teach him ..... But if you remember that coach got rid of him because he refused to study the game!

That doesn't mean he hates football.

No it means he doesn't know the mental aspect of thee game and that is what makes him average... VERY AVERAGE!

Cutler is a wasted talent...... But is he really talented?

He doesn't make pin point passes like the best Quarterbacks do ..... Not even close.

:lol

High Times

EOG Master

Hey Raiders - I know you are not a Cam Newton fan. What do you think his numbers would be if he had Cutler's weapons?

Or his Coaches ........................

Shanahan would make Newton look like an all-pro without a doubt!

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

:LMAO

This thread just makes me feel good about myself seeing what kind of stupidity is out there regarding players and the game. Keep it coming.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

Cutler is a wasted talent...... But is he really talented?

He doesn't make pin point passes like the best Quarterbacks do ..... Not even close.

:lol

But he rockets the ball in there unlike any QB we've ever seen...Don't matter who catches the pass, just look at those 100mph throws!
But in all seriousness, talented beyond belief...just clueless as well...not a good combo.