Good Morning and Goodbye EOG

mr merlin

EOG Master
Re: Good Morning and Goodbye EOG

Best of luck Blondie, You were one of my favorites, never mean, never condescending. Through all the madness, all the nutcase mods, all the kook posters, you were a lone voice of sanity and a stable connection to the "real world". The classy way you're going out speaks volumes, this place will be worse off without you.

WVU

EOG Master

Agreed, that is out of place in this particular thread. WVU, you're better than that.:cheers

for what it is worth, Munson I think my little joke was funnier than your Seinfeld reference. Just lightening the mood much like you were. Sheesh.

cheapseats

EOG Master

One door closes, another opens, you will find happiness and opportunity, best of luck.

munson15

I want winners...

for what it is worth, Munson I think my little joke was funnier than your Seinfeld reference. Just lightening the mood much like you were. Sheesh.
NP. I just wanted to keep the thread about Blondie, even though your joke was funnier.:cheers

mr merlin

EOG Master

For what it's worth, you can tell the stories about your former employer and coworkers for the rest of your life, the scammers, the suicides, the thieves, the pedophile, and of course the orange cape!

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

I only resurfaced recently here at EOG considering I had and still have some more primary responsibilities at my home forums, even when in the past things here seemingly had a similar direction and were even more populated featuring worlds more traffic. However when the name Blondie comes to mind in the forum world she stands for dedication, longevity, and a first class mod in the handicapping and sports industry. Hope all of your future endeavors share similar success and best of luck to you.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Go ask a dozen other random forums across the net if message board moderators should get paid enough to be able to support a family on their moderator salary alone and you'll get laughed off the board.

I'm sorry, that's just the way it is.

I'm sure you put in time here, but guess what, a lot of us do. I also put in a lot of time on my shitter but that doesn't mean I expect my plumber to pay me well for it. I'm not trying to rip on you at all, Blondie, just the general attitude that pervades these very unique gambling forums. The expectations that everybody ought to get paid for being a part of the e-community here shows just how degenerate most of the posters here are.

If keeping drunk Teddy from telling a noob that he's going to fuck him in the ass is how one derives their primary income, my recommendation is to not make any big purchases on credit...

Would you just shut the fuck up for once in your life? We know you love to act like a big shot around here, but no one gives a fuck. It was her job clown, understand? I didn't always get along with Blondie - I did some pretty immature and douchey things to her - but that doesn't mean I'm some cock sucker that will take shots at her after she lost her job.

I understand that you have this idea in your head that you live the real life, and everyone else that doesn't live a life like yours isn't worthy, but you come off like an arrogant fucking douche bag every time. Maybe step down off your pedestal and come back to earth... You're no better than anyone else and your job is no more worthy.

GL Blondie and Happy Holidays to ya. I know a lot of people in your position right now, and I really feel for them. Nothing scarier than losing your job in this economy right now. Hopefully you get back on your feet quickly.

J

joeybagadonuts

Well said timely. Blondie and I didn't always get along but I feel horrible about her losing her job. I wish you the best , mindy.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Brick, I'm not saying it's not a great gig if you can get it. Who wouldn't take money to move Teddy's threads to the asylum. I'm just saying to expect it as a long-term economic opportunity/career is not wise.

That holds true for all forum mod positions, not just Blondie. I have no ill-will toward her at all, she's a very kind person and yeah, that sucks for her she lost a great gig. My commentary is directed to the masses that think a great travesty has been committed, when the truth is that paid mods and posters are typically an exception, not the rule, and any outrage regarding this situation is misguided.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

WtoW's opinon neet not be blasted...................

Timely Hero has some severe mental issues, that is fairly certain.............

munson15

I want winners...

I'm going to miss your old avatar, Blondie (you know the one!).:blink:

I'm guessing it's not what she did, it's what she didn't.

She didn't make EOG money. Not her fault at all, but what's a company supposed to do, pay people because they're nice people or have children?

The grand age of offshore money flow is over, people. Expecting the cash cow to continue shelling it out indefinitely is ignorant and naive.

Good luck finding a new gig, Blondie.
how the hell would you know what blondie does? You have no idea what she did or how little that she asked for. After Shrink passed, the place was in total disarray since it happened so suddenly without notice. The place needed advertisers to keep the ship sailing. blondie was the one that voluntarily took on the responsibility. When the site was down, blondie was the one in contact with tech support.

Money may define you but it doesn't define others. blondie has a full time job as a mother. Working for OGD is something that she can that enables her to be a great mother. That's more important than anything that you'll ever do and she's been successful.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Brick, I'm not saying it's not a great gig if you can get it. Who wouldn't take money to move Teddy's threads to the asylum. I'm just saying to expect it as a long-term economic opportunity/career is not wise.

That holds true for all forum mod positions, not just Blondie. I have no ill-will toward her at all, she's a very kind person and yeah, that sucks for her she lost a great gig. My commentary is directed to the masses that think a great travesty has been committed, when the truth is that paid mods and posters are typically an exception, not the rule, and any outrage regarding this situation is misguided.

This holds true for a ton of jobs out there right now. Your ignorance is on display in this thread... Not only ignorance, but stupidity. You just keep coming back for more and more... You look just as dumb every time too.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

WtoW's opinon neet not be blasted...................

Timely Hero has some severe mental issues, that is fairly certain.............

Yeah, Weinke is doing a good deed by ripping into her job choice, saying it wasn't a real job, and then saying it was her fault for relying on this job in the first place. Well said Fish.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Like all others here - sorry to see this happen. Blondie called me last night about 8:20P CA Time to let me know about this so for me - this wasn't a shock because I was informed ahead of time.

I hope those in charge have thought this out because the work Blondie did - for the amount she was paid - was a real bargain and EOG made out very well here. We will soon see how invaluable Blondie was to this site.

As I told her when I spoke to her - if she ever needs a ride anywhere I am more than happy to do that :LMAO

DJDalamar

EOG Dedicated

I think it's fitting tribute to Blondie that everyone is arguing in her thread LOL

It's EOG EVERY thread has to have the same hand full of guys arguing with each other, someone blasting JK and Jeff sounding like he has Alzheimers.

Blondie

EOG Master

Timely and X thanks :)

Best of luck Blondie, You were one of my favorites, never mean, never condescending. Through all the madness, all the nutcase mods, all the kook posters, you were a lone voice of sanity and a stable connection to the "real world". The classy way you're going out speaks volumes, this place will be worse off without you.

Now, now I remember being mean a few times lol

In fact, I believe I helped Doc Mercer commit one of his best meltdowns on Easter Sunday one year :LMAO

I only resurfaced recently here at EOG considering I had and still have some more primary responsibilities at my home forums, even when in the past things here seemingly had a similar direction and were even more populated featuring worlds more traffic. However when the name Blondie comes to mind in the forum world she stands for dedication, longevity, and a first class mod in the handicapping and sports industry. Hope all of your future endeavors share similar success and best of luck to you.

Thanks jimmy very nice of you to say!

Well said timely. Blondie and I didn't always get along but I feel horrible about her losing her job. I wish you the best , mindy.

I would love to know how many times I banned you over three and a half years :LMAO

Blondie

EOG Master

good luck blondie, don't be a stranger.

:cheers

To Cassius, Wilson, Momma and the gang I thank you for the many, many laughs over the years! You are truly one of a kind!

I'm going to miss your old avatar, Blondie (you know the one!).:blink:

You can have her if you like...

how the hell would you know what blondie does? You have no idea what she did or how little that she asked for. After Shrink passed, the place was in total disarray since it happened so suddenly without notice. The place needed advertisers to keep the ship sailing. blondie was the one that voluntarily took on the responsibility. When the site was down, blondie was the one in contact with tech support.

Money may define you but it doesn't define others. blondie has a full time job as a mother. Working for OGD is something that she can that enables her to be a great mother. That's more important than anything that you'll ever do and she's been successful.

Easy there rambo. Things change and it's ok. Although I do not recall ever working at OGD :LMAO

Like all others here - sorry to see this happen. Blondie called me last night about 8:20P CA Time to let me know about this so for me - this wasn't a shock because I was informed ahead of time.

I hope those in charge have thought this out because the work Blondie did - for the amount she was paid - was a real bargain and EOG made out very well here. We will soon see how invaluable Blondie was to this site.

As I told her when I spoke to her - if she ever needs a ride anywhere I am more than happy to do that :LMAO

Dear Lord help me if you are driving. I am not sure my life insurance will cover that...

Blondie's contributions to the EOG family never will be forgotten.

She always will be welcome back to this, her second home.

I appreciate the tremendous solidarity expressed by many EOG contributors on behalf of Blondie.

Blondie's dismissal was not an easy decision to make, but for EOG to continue to grow and eventually prosper, difficult decisions no longer could be met with procrastination.

I thank you for your continued support and patience as we work to help EOG reach new heights to the benefit of our members and sponsors alike.

Sincerely,
Mike

Blondie's contributions to the EOG family never will be forgotten.

She always will be welcome back to this, her second home.

I appreciate the tremendous solidarity expressed by many EOG contributors on behalf of Blondie.

Blondie's dismissal was not an easy decision to make, but for EOG to continue to grow and eventually prosper, difficult decisions no longer could be met with procrastination.

I thank you for your continued support and patience as we work to help EOG reach new heights to the benefit of our members and sponsors alike.

Sincerely,
Mike
Mike, im not sure if you celebrate the holidays where you are from, but with such short notice of her dismissal it would be appropriate to give her a months severance pay. What a tough spot to be put in without any notice. What if she went out shopping on black friday knowing she had a job and some money to blow on presents for the kids only to find out she was canned 3 days later? Now she might have to bring back some of her kids presents. I hope you find it in yourself to make this matter right and give her some kind of bonus.

Chi_Dorothy

EOG Dedicated

only came around to peruse once or twice a week....

but I will no longer do that

disgraceful actions

learn how to do business AND be a human

not to mention figuring out how to be graceful before and after a big announcement/decision

signed, more important than you know Lurker

WOW...this is a shock. How can any company just ditch an employee on 24 hrs notice?

Blondie, let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Chi_Dorothy

EOG Dedicated

sorry for not displaying boobs, humor, or album covers....

my sentiments still count

disgraceful

Apple

Banned

I wish you the best Mindy. God Bless you and your family and I hope you all have a great holiday season.. Somethings happen for a reason and we never know til its all sad and done..

This could end up being a good thing for you.. Take care blondie, you'll be good..

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

How quickly some people forget in todays "what have you done for me lately" world. When Ken passed the one person that kept this place going was Blondie. She didn't let the fact that she was devastated get in her way, she came to this place to help others heal because thats just her way.

Mr Kelly, your idiotic response should have been better thought out. Blondie has been a class act her time here, you, sir, are no Blondie.

JK may have to lower his own power rating!

Sincerely,
Mike

It is just so stupid, I have to mock it.

So what do you EOG boys do at the end of a staff meeting?.The conversation around the water cooler must be something like....

"Dammit, that Blondie is stifling our creativity! How can we grow and prosper with her around?
She defintelly has to go!"

The point is, Mike, is that you have no creative edge to begin with. You are the same as everyone else offshore. Take the action until some goofball shows he might be a threat to you. Then tighten the screws on him.

Blondie is hardly the problem.

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

two firings since i have been here....which brings the question......if the people who own this gambling site really believe in it....the contests posters have been well over 60%, most of the guest picks on the radio show have held their own and the hockey picks by both esteemed handicappers have run well......if the ownership invested in their own gambling sites purpose everyone would have been given raises instead of a pink slip....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Blondie wrote "Goodbye EOG" in the thread title and I responded "Bye Bye Blondie."

Now I'm classless?

There's never a good time for a firing.

As I understand it, Blondie was spared an extra month to survive the Thanksgiving Day holiday.

Some EOG contributors are drawing erroneous conclusions from incomplete information.

Blondie knew about her tenuous employment situation for the better part of six months.