Harden To Nets

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
We all used to say that about the Warriors until they became unstoppable. All it takes is about league average defending which is where they got to and then they just blitzed you on offense. I think with Green and Jordan they can get close to that situation. Easy to say they don't defend, but its regular season. Elite players bring the D in the postseason, let's see what happens. I do agree Nash is in a tough spot and not the guy you want to ask to put together defense, but just one defensive assistant can put together a basic system and then its all about do these guys want it enough to put an effort in that part of the game to be league average. And if they don't do it this year, they'll find cheap parts to improve on what they don't have. Hard part is getting the stars together, easy part is finding veterans with only a few skills to join on minimum contracts.

What do you mean, "We," White man? You got a mouse in your pocket? They were very good defensively.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
“I come into work everyday, my job is to get better and get us wins...all the other stuff I can’t control...As I said before, all I can control is how I come with my mindset with practices...I had a great game tonight...I am blessed I get to play on the highest level in the world...There are far worst things going on in the world...I am in a blessed position...If you tell me that I would never play the game again, then that would be a different story”......

This is not a quote from James Harden.....It is Ben Simmons....
Extremely happy the Sixers kept him...

Heim

EOG Master
Harden is really a punk if you watched today's press conference. He realized HOU had no chance to win after last season so he comes in out of shape, violates Covid protocol in order to get out of there.

Funny for a guy management consulted re player personnel moves. Morey a progressive GM paid the price for Harden's apathy.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Harden's teammates in Houston called him "disrespectful."

Harden described himself as an "elite player, elite teammate and elite leader."

He also described his conditioning at this time of the season as "great."

I side with the players in Houston.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Harden's teammates in Houston called him "disrespectful."

Harden described himself as an "elite player, elite teammate and elite leader."

He also described his conditioning at this time of the season as "great."

I side with the players in Houston.

Why did they send him to where he wanted to go? Was that the best deal they could get?

Who gives a fuck about 1st rounders unless you want to eventually flip them. If not, what? You're gonna be competetive 10 years from now... Congrats.

I must run counter-surveliance.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Why did they send him to where he wanted to go? Was that the best deal they could get?

Who gives a fuck about 1st rounders unless you want to eventually flip them. If not, what? You're gonna be competetive 10 years from now... Congrats.

I must run counter-surveliance.
Who do you think they should get? They didn’t win anything with him anyway. I know that’s not the best reason, but teams are not giving up full value for someone who doesn’t help you win playoff games. The market for fat 30-YO’s who need the ball and plays little D isn’t good.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Who do you think they should get? They didn’t win anything with him anyway. I know that’s not the best reason, but teams are not giving up full value for someone who doesn’t help you win playoff games. The market for fat 30-YO’s who need the ball and plays little D isn’t good.

LOL, slightly hyperbolic but I take your point.

I still think Hou could have done better in the deal. Harden is considered a top-10 player, he makes top-5 in other lists.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
LOL, slightly hyperbolic but I take your point.

I still think Hou could have done better in the deal. Harden is considered a top-10 player, he makes top-5 in other lists.
The pic of him driving to the basket isn't very flattering.

Yeah, he could make 10-12 teams better, but you can't build that way in the NBA. I remember when the Pistons got Blake Griffin, they actually got worse over time. They would win just enough to get a worse lottery slot.

Pretty hilarious, Irving needs one more game off to "ramp up his conditioning". They didn't use that excuse for Harden and he only went out and dropped a 32 point triple double.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Kyrie Irving will miss tonight's game, that's the seventh straight game he's sitting out.

That means Brooklyn's game in Cleveland on Wednesday will likely mark the debut of the Big Three.

Irving, Harden and Durant starting a game against the short-handed Cavs.

Heim

EOG Master
Kyrie Irving will miss tonight's game, that's the seventh straight game he's sitting out.

That means Brooklyn's game in Cleveland on Wednesday will likely mark the debut of the Big Three.

Irving, Harden and Durant starting a game against the short-handed Cavs.

It's amazing the kind of money these guys make. Because Kyrie broke Covid protocol they are permitted to withhold salary. After the 5th inactive game he was up to $900k.

My god...for a kids game!

Heim

EOG Master
5-2 since Harden acquisition. Not feeling super team yet. Defense open sesame. And do you want a Harden step back three with a hand up with Kyrie and Durant on the court closing seconds?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
5-2 since Harden acquisition. Not feeling super team yet. Defense open sesame. And do you want a Harden step back three with a hand up with Kyrie and Durant on the court closing seconds?

Spoiler Alert: They bend the fucking knee.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Lakers bending the knee last night in Philly.

Can we please play them in the Finals? Pretty please, with Sugar on top?

Philly is my Fav team btw but they will get murked when the Crown is on the line.

Long Live the King!

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Looks like we finally got a good gm in Houston. Oladipo for Harden plus dante exem, a first rounder from clevland, 3 first rounders from Nj and 4 first round swaps. Way Oladipo is playing him alone was pretty good. The Nets are a injury or a bipolar Irving a way from making it a gold mine. Looks like Wall for westbrook wasn't bad either.

Looks like we finally got a good gm in Houston. Oladipo for Harden plus dante exem, a first rounder from clevland, 3 first rounders from Nj and 4 first round swaps. Way Oladipo is playing him alone was pretty good. The Nets are a injury or a bipolar Irving a way from making it a gold mine. Looks like Wall for westbrook wasn't bad either.

Good moves but real fantasy to think Nets picks are worth much for next 5 years. Maybe at the end of the picks and swaps they get something valuable. The Cle pick might be the only real asset. Oladipo always been a decent player but a guy you don't want to give a max deal to. Let's see if he likes Houston enough to stick around for about half the supermax Wall got.

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
Good moves but real fantasy to think Nets picks are worth much for next 5 years. Maybe at the end of the picks and swaps they get something valuable. The Cle pick might be the only real asset. Oladipo always been a decent player but a guy you don't want to give a max deal to. Let's see if he likes Houston enough to stick around for about half the supermax Wall got.

The Cleveland pick is via Milwaukee Bucks...Cavs figured Jarrett Alen is much better than a low first round pick.

The Cleveland pick is via Milwaukee Bucks...Cavs figured Jarrett Alen is much better than a low first round pick.

Never mind then, I thought it was worth a few points on the chart. First round picks outside of the lottery are like the equivalent of signing some guy from Europe. A few valuable players come from that range, but usually its because the team sucks so they get playing time. Winning teams draft guys and tell them we'll get you some rotation minutes in your third year.