I'm big on the Braves and know many other people...

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
The Cardinals weren't thrilled by how Ronald Acuña Jr. rounded the bases on his 9th inning homer, enough that Yadier Molina went to the mound to calm Carlos Martinez down afterwards.

Postgame, Martinez said: "I wanted him to respect the game & respect me as a veteran player."

kane

EOG master
I played today's game FF Under 4.5 (-15), Flaherty has been the best pitcher in baseball the second half of the season, just need Folty to hold up his end

choslamshe

EOG Master
This Cards team seems to have a bit of a twinkle going on right now, similar to when they last won the Series. I think we are going to see runs scored throughout the entire series. Both teams manufacture in multiple ways. 8.5 is low to me again and am on the Over.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
The thing is this Cardinals franchise time and time again has the right, hard working mentality. The less talented but driven and hard working which makes up for being less talented. They were never world beaters on offense in recent times. Never. They get guys who hustle and work hard.

If Flaherty shuts the Braves down tonight, series is over. The entire season for Atlanta comes for not and I believe they have to make some serious decisions especially involving Acuna. If that's who you want leading off and leading your team, you're not winning anything.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Even Acunas response shakes me to my core. Mistakes happen. We're human. Mother fucker, what? Say what? Come again? Dude, your history suggests you dont hustle and dont give a shit. Those arent mistakes, those are patterns.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Jackson got tagged and Braves pen. Fried was taken out under the belief he was going to start still next week Sunday or Monday. Him getting pulled wasnt dumb at all. Nobody expected Martin to get injured. But god damn man, if the piece of shit would have hustled to 2nd, quite possibly Atlanta explodes that inning and pulls away.

kane

EOG master
The thing is this Cardinals franchise time and time again has the right, hard working mentality. The less talented but driven and hard working which makes up for being less talented. They were never world beaters on offense in recent times. Never. They get guys who hustle and work hard.

If Flaherty shuts the Braves down tonight, series is over. The entire season for Atlanta comes for not and I believe they have to make some serious decisions especially involving Acuna. If that's who you want leading off and leading your team, you're not winning anything.

The only decision they need to make on him is how fast can they lock him up, the kid's a superstar, there's zero chance they trade him

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Think about how successful Atlanta was this season. Think about the domination. If they get swept, it will ruin them. It will torture them for a long time.

kane

EOG master
It goes beyond stats. His teammates are going to turn and he will end up being a cancer.

When Barry Bonds was hitting HR's at a record pace, there were several times when he thought he got one and immediately went into his HR trot, only to have the ball bang off the wall and he ended up with a single. I'm not excusing what Acuna did, of course it was wrong, but talent like that doesn't come around very often, there's no way they move him

kane

EOG master
Think about how successful Atlanta was this season. Think about the domination. If they get swept, it will ruin them. It will torture them for a long time.

Ruin them? The Braves will be a contender for years to come, they have a lot of young talent, if they can fix their bullpen issues next year they'll be one of the favorites to win the pennant

Heim

EOG Master
Huge Brave money however think syndicates were waiting for Acuna 'in lineup' news before firing.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
It can. Things can go downhill if they lose tonight/evening and get swept. Tensions can boil over into next season. Freeman can go off and demand to be traded.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
You can hear it in their postgame responses. You can hear the anger, tension, frustration. Atlanta better win this game today or it will be a hilarious game 3 and hilarious offseason.

Heim

EOG Master
Acuna is already a diva. One thing to dog it reg season, playoff a big no-no. Don't blame Freeman for being pissed.

Heim

EOG Master
There was little doubt he would be in the lineup

There was talk about benching him that is why the screen went black a little after 9 AM PST, minutes after the official lineups were announced and (price) continued dropping. That was the new information.

kane

EOG master
There was talk about benching him that is why the screen went black a little after 9 AM PST, minutes after the official lineups were announced and (price) continued dropping. That was the new information.

This is October, not May, there was no chance Acuna was getting benched in a playoff game, benching him would have punished the entire team, had this occurred during the regular season, Snitker likely takes him out on the spot, and even alluded to that in the post game interview, but benching him in the postseason, I don't think so, he's just to valuable

kane

EOG master
One of the best postseason at bats I've ever seen, you could see Brosseau timing Chapman's fastball, every time he fouled one off his timing was getting better, getting better wood on it, then bang, what a home run

Amazing to me how the two teams were just crushing it left and right, big innings galore and then everything tightened up the last game and a half. Playoff pressure is real even in an empty stadium.

kane

EOG master
Amazing to me how the two teams were just crushing it left and right, big innings galore and then everything tightened up the last game and a half. Playoff pressure is real even in an empty stadium.

That Rays bullpen is nasty, where do they find these guys?

That Rays bullpen is nasty, where do they find these guys?

You could see the Yankees got impatient and some of the Rays did too, especially in game 4. Brosseau exactly as you said is how you beat a good pitcher, I did at least see some of that when Cole was out there. Probably part of their strategy to at least get him to throw a lot of pitches to get him out of the game, but too much focus on the long ball when just a slap hit the other way would have gotten in some runs.