KANSAS CONTINUES TO GET NO RESPECT....

Re: KANSAS CONTINUES TO GET NO RESPECT....

I bet Kansas big. I think they matchup better than anyone else with Memphis. Kansas isn't always the best on the offensive side of the ball but they play excellent defense every time I have watched them play this year.

Junior

EOG Veteran

Memphis 1st half -1/2 or 1 is the best play on the board.

shoebox

EOG Veteran

I personally hate to hedge, I make a bet because I believe it will cash, but it all depends on the person and the amount. If you take a huge dog at say +50 60 to 1, Hoping to make the final 4 so u can hedge, feel free, but at 6 to 1 or so, its better to just ride it out, you worked so hard to get yourself in that spot, why give away the value. Now, I know some people bet over thier heads and need to cash the ticket, in that case go right ahead and hedge. I myself tonight have Kansas at +650 for 1 unit, I will lay Memphis Money Line for 1 unit and free roll on the Kansas side, I am not looking to lock in a profit, I am just looking not to lose a penny, lol

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I do the same exact thing on short odds futures, I either break ev, or cash, I think The Shrink is in way over his head and had to hedge. At least that is what he said he did. Good luck to you, as long as it goes over I am OK.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

For those who may not know......BW does lose 45-47% of his plays.

This is one of them.

Memphis by 8

Sorry Kenny.

munson15

I want winners...

I personally hate to hedge, I make a bet because I believe it will cash, but it all depends on the person and the amount. If you take a huge dog at say +50 60 to 1, Hoping to make the final 4 so u can hedge, feel free, but at 6 to 1 or so, its better to just ride it out, you worked so hard to get yourself in that spot, why give away the value. Now, I know some people bet over thier heads and need to cash the ticket, in that case go right ahead and hedge. I myself tonight have Kansas at +650 for 1 unit, I will lay Memphis Money Line for 1 unit and free roll on the Kansas side, I am not looking to lock in a profit, I am just looking not to lose a penny, lol
I like that strategy, GL.:cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

Well it always depends on the person and situation but getting this far in a tournament like this, and to walk away with a possible losing ticket when a nice chunk is on the table is tough to do.... even if you are loaded or need the money.

Sure it's easy to say let it ride but I think you have to take a winner here, it does depend though on the situation and the person and maybe even how well they have been doing.

maverick

EOG Veteran

Well it always depends on the person and situation but getting this far in a tournament like this, and to walk away with a possible losing ticket when a nice chunk is on the table is tough to do.... even if you are loaded or need the money.

Sure it's easy to say let it ride but I think you have to take a winner here, it does depend though on the situation and the person and maybe even how well they have been doing.

It borders on stupidity for me and shrink to have the 2 final teams and risk losing a penny.............

Smallest hedge would be to just win what you have at risk........stupid to walk away a loser..........

The Devil

EOG Master

It borders on stupidity for me and shrink to have the 2 final teams and risk losing a penny.............

Smallest hedge would be to just win what you have at risk........stupid to walk away a loser..........

AGREE MAVERICK..........AGAIN DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION:

IF 10K ISN'T A MONSTER WIN FOR THE PERSON HEDGING......I GO 3K THE OTHER WAY.......

IF 10K IS A MONSTER WIN.....I GO FOR THE 10K......

I totally agree with you as Kansas is leading at the half too...:cheers

Just to be in this position and allow yourself a chance to cash out without positive expectations is called GREED, which is the downfall of many gamblers I know...

FROGGIE, I am surprised at you...:rolleyes:

THE SHRINK

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Did not know the officials would let guards do anything and bigs do nothing. Looks like Kansas can't lose the way the game is being called. This was the ultimate bad scenario for Memphis. They even let Kansas bigs get away with more, over the back, holding down low, ton of bumping. This game is done already, Kansas will pull away sooner or later, as soon as Memphis bigs are out of game or out of gas. The officials really respect Kansas, and they are more important than anyone else. Good call, should have let it ride.

Best wishes...OF :cheers

Of course Memphis played great their last 3 games and they shot over 80% from the Free Throw line, too...

I just don't believe they will shoot nearly as well against Kansas guarded or from the charity stripe....

Some of these posts sounds like the same group who loved UNC yesterday, too...

How many of you had them?

KANSAS destoyed who many considered was the best team last night period!

Why are they underdogs?

Congrats to all of you who backed Kansas...

This game could have gone either way and the only losers were some gamblers imho...:cheers

The Devil

EOG Master

THE GAME WAS PRETTY CLOSE ALL THE WAY.......EITHER TEAM COULD HAVE WON.......BUT I THINK MEMPHIS BLEW IT MORE THAN KANSAS WON IT........

Very tight on me...

It just won't stop growing, even at my old age...:houra

Journeyman

EOG Master

Ha, I was thinking about that when Chalmers let it fly....between that shot and Curry's last possession, you may need some new Fruit of the Looms.

Congrats to all of you who backed Kansas...

This game could have gone either way and the only losers were some gamblers imho...:cheers
:houra No doubt it was a great game. As I mentioned above Kansas's offense worried me a bit and they hit the slump at a bad time in the game. Luckily for them they got bailed out by Memphis's shitty FT shooting and a hell of a shot by Chalmers.

Lessons I learned:

1-HEDGING was clearly the RIGHT side last night if you were in a position to do so...:LMAO

2: GREED kills...

3: The Rock Chalk Kansas Jayhawks are the National Champs... :party

THE SHRINK

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

They did play great defense last night and they deserved to win.

Congrats to all winning bettors/fans.

I played Memphis again (ML last night) , but it was just another bet.

Kansas :party Kansas