Lebron Named MVP: Will he ever Average a Triple Double in the NBA?

mofome

Banned
he is the only player the league has seen in MANY years that could possibly do it. I think he will.

JaBrady

EOG Addicted
Re: Lebron Named MVP: Will he ever Average a Triple Double in the NBA?

If he ever plays for D'Antoni I think he would

I would be pissed though :hangt

tripp

EOG Master

I wouldn't be shocked if he did. It's something he wants to do and I don't think he'd have to sacrifice much PPG to do it either. I think he can do 25/10/10.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I wouldn't be shocked if he did. It's something he wants to do and I don't think he'd have to sacrifice much PPG to do it either. I think he can do 25/10/10.

You're absolutely nuts. So he'd need to sacrifice 3 PPG to get 3 more assists and 3 more rebounds?

No chance. He will never, ever, average a triple double; IMO.

tripp

EOG Master

You're absolutely nuts. So he'd need to sacrifice 3 PPG to get 3 more assists and 3 more rebounds?

No chance. He will never, ever, average a triple double; IMO.

It is obviously a hard thing to do and nobody else in the league would ever have a shot of doing it. Lebron is a special player though.

A few things you are obviously not thinking about. 1) His offensive game will just continue to get better, and that is scary to think about for the rest of the league. He will be able to score more on less shots and he will get his FT% up to around 80% at some point I'm sure. 2) Rebounding can just mean him being more aggressive for boards on defense. Don't really need to sacrifice any offense for that. and 3) He should already be averaging around 9 APG. Guys miss so many open shots when LeBron gives them open looks. Vareajo(sp) is horrible offensively and a lot of the times West tries to do too much by himself. James will average 10 APG multiple years imo. He is probably the best passer in the league, and if not the best certainly in the top 5.

It' obviously hard and no shame in not doing so, MJ never did, but he is someone with the potential to do it.

Boston

EOG Dedicated

People think lebron is a lot better than he actually is. Thinking he could average a triple double in todays nba is just crazy talk

ATX

At the age of 24, he's far better than Jordan was at this stage of his career.

In the Eastern Conference Finals, James led the Cavaliers from an 0–2 deficit against the Detroit Pistons to win the series in six games. His performance in Game 5 was especially memorable. James recorded a franchise-record 48 points on 54.5% field goal shooting, 9 rebounds and 7 assists. In addition, James scored 29 of Cleveland's last 30 points, including the team's final 25 points in a double-overtime victory.<sup id="cite_ref-28" class="reference">[29]</sup> NBA analyst Marv Albert referred to James's performance as "one of the greatest moments in postseason history," while color commentator Steve Kerr called it "Jordan-esque.

ATX

I think that was probably the greatest playoff performance ever. There have been many memorable performances, but I have never seen a single player dominate in that fashion. Reggie Miller had that amazing few seconds. James' supporting cast that year was not a very good one.

Heim

EOG Master

>Will he ever Average a Triple Double in the NBA?<

Only if the same 6' 2" white guys that guarded Oscar
Robertson are allowed to guard Lebron.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I think that was probably the greatest playoff performance ever. There have been many memorable performances, but I have never seen a single player dominate in that fashion. Reggie Miller had that amazing few seconds. James' supporting cast that year was not a very good one.

U cant be much older then 20.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

At the age of 24, he's far better than Jordan was at this stage of his career.

In the Eastern Conference Finals, James led the Cavaliers from an 0?2 deficit against the Detroit Pistons to win the series in six games. His performance in Game 5 was especially memorable. James recorded a franchise-record 48 points on 54.5% field goal shooting, 9 rebounds and 7 assists. In addition, James scored 29 of Cleveland's last 30 points, including the team's final 25 points in a double-overtime victory.<sup id="cite_ref-28" class="reference">[29]</sup> NBA analyst Marv Albert referred to James's performance as "one of the greatest moments in postseason history," while color commentator Steve Kerr called it "Jordan-esque.

At 24, Jordan averaged 37 PPG. How was he far better? He was taking the worst team in the NBA to the playoffs. He was scoring 63, COUNT THEM, 63 points against the Celtics; who were arguably one of the greatest teams of all-time. I hope you're kidding me.

I love how Lebron fans always point to ONE GAME. Can you find me another game where you took over like that in that entire playoff?

ATX

U cant be much older then 20.

what would you say? Jordan's 'flu game'?

Jordan, Magic, and Bird all had a huge supporting cast.

I'm not a Lebron fan. I'm not a sports fan.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Dwyane Wade scored the final 17 straight points, including the game winner, to beat the Pistons.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wrIaRKn-6ho&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wrIaRKn-6ho&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Michael Jordan scored 63 points, at the age of 24, against one of the greatest teams of all-time in their arena.

You have to be kidding me with that comment. Name 1 other game in the playoffs that Lebron has really stepped up. Don't worry, I'll wait.

ATX

He was scoring 63, COUNT THEM, 63 points against the Celtics; who were arguably one of the greatest teams of all-time. I hope you're kidding me.

yeah, and the Bulls got SWEPT that series. Lebron at this stage in his career is making his TEAM better, he's the best player in a TEAM concept, far better than Jordan was at the same stage.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Christ, i saw a game this weekend by Ray Allen that was better then that game. Allen was hitting shots and buzzer beaters with guys hanging all over him. The Lebron game he shot one shot that whole game with a guy guarding him up close. The revolving door the Pistons played that night to let him dunk all game long was pathetic. The Piston laid down like Pigs that game and go watch the game again if u don't believe me. heck even when the series was done Rasheed came out and said that series was a joke of a series and the NBA is getting like the WWE. Billups turned the ball over that series at an alarming rate and missed shots at crucial times all game long so the King could advance. The same shit he did the year Wade advanced.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

yeah, and the Bulls got SWEPT that series. Lebron at this stage in his career is making his TEAM better, he's the best player in a TEAM concept, far better than Jordan was at the same stage.
<table class="sortable stats_table" id="per_game"><tbody><tr style="" onmouseover="hl(this);" onmouseout="uhl(this);" class=""><td csk="2" align="right">2</td> <td csk="Oakley,Charles" align="left">Charles Oakley</td> <td align="right">23</td> <td align="right">82</td> <td align="right">81</td> <td align="right">36.3</td> <td align="right">5.7</td> <td align="right">12.8</td> <td align="right">.445</td> <td align="right">0.1</td> <td align="right">0.4</td> <td align="right">.367</td> <td align="right">3.0</td> <td align="right">4.4</td> <td align="right">.686</td> <td align="right">3.6</td> <td align="right">9.5</td> <td align="right">13.1</td> <td align="right">3.6</td> <td align="right">1.0</td> <td align="right">0.4</td> <td align="right">3.6</td> <td align="right">3.8</td> <td align="right">14.5</td> </tr> <tr style="" onmouseover="hl(this);" onmouseout="uhl(this);" class=""> <td csk="3" align="right">3</td> <td csk="Paxson,John" align="left">John Paxson</td> <td align="right">26</td> <td align="right">82</td> <td align="right">64</td> <td align="right">32.8</td> <td align="right">4.7</td> <td align="right">9.7</td> <td align="right">.487</td> <td align="right">0.6</td> <td align="right">1.7</td> <td align="right">.371</td> <td align="right">1.3</td> <td align="right">1.6</td> <td align="right">.809</td> <td align="right">0.3</td> <td align="right">1.4</td> <td align="right">1.7</td> <td align="right">5.7</td> <td align="right">0.8</td> <td align="right">0.1</td> <td align="right">1.3</td> <td align="right">2.5</td> <td align="right">11.3</td> </tr> <tr style="" onmouseover="hl(this);" onmouseout="uhl(this);" class=""> <td csk="4" align="right">4</td> <td csk="Banks,Gene" align="left">Gene Banks</td> <td align="right">27</td> <td align="right">63</td> <td align="right">39</td> <td align="right">28.9</td> <td align="right">4.0</td> <td align="right">7.3</td> <td align="right">.539</td> <td align="right">0.0</td> <td align="right">0.1</td> <td align="right">.000</td> <td align="right">1.8</td> <td align="right">2.3</td> <td align="right">.767</td> <td align="right">1.8</td> <td align="right">3.1</td> <td align="right">4.9</td> <td align="right">2.7</td> <td align="right">0.8</td> <td align="right">0.3</td> <td align="right">1.8</td> <td align="right">2.7</td> <td align="right">9.7</td> </tr> <tr style="" onmouseover="hl(this);" onmouseout="uhl(this);" class=""> <td csk="5" align="right">5</td> <td csk="Sellers,Brad" align="left">Brad Sellers</td></tr></tbody></table>
Those were Jordan's teammates in 1986. John Paxson was the third leading scorer on the team behind Oakley. :doh1

He had one of the worst teams in the league, if not the worst, and he led them to the playoffs and put 63 on the Celtics when they were game planning for him strictly. Larry Bird called him god, for gods sake.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Michael Jordan scored 63 points, at the age of 24, against one of the greatest teams of all-time in their arena.

You have to be kidding me with that comment. Name 1 other game in the playoffs that Lebron has really stepped up. Don't worry, I'll wait.

all Lebron has to do is have one good game and at the end of any series and these jackasses will think he carried the whole team on his shoulders the whole series. If not for Big z they would have gotten swept by Boston last year. Z kept them in the first three games while Lebron couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. I think Lebron had two good games in that series but u would think he took on Boston all by himself. He stunk the first three games. STUNK!!!

ATX

<table class="sortable stats_table" id="per_game"><tbody><tr style="" onmouseover="hl(this);" onmouseout="uhl(this);" class=""><td csk="2" align="right">2</td> <td csk="Oakley,Charles" align="left">Charles Oakley</td> <td align="right">23</td> <td align="right">82</td> <td align="right">81</td> <td align="right">36.3</td> <td align="right">5.7</td> <td align="right">12.8</td> <td align="right">.445</td> <td align="right">0.1</td> <td align="right">0.4</td> <td align="right">.367</td> <td align="right">3.0</td> <td align="right">4.4</td> <td align="right">.686</td> <td align="right">3.6</td> <td align="right">9.5</td> <td align="right">13.1</td> <td align="right">3.6</td> <td align="right">1.0</td> <td align="right">0.4</td> <td align="right">3.6</td> <td align="right">3.8</td> <td align="right">14.5</td> </tr> <tr style="" onmouseover="hl(this);" onmouseout="uhl(this);" class=""> <td csk="3" align="right">3</td> <td csk="Paxson,John" align="left">John Paxson</td> <td align="right">26</td> <td align="right">82</td> <td align="right">64</td> <td align="right">32.8</td> <td align="right">4.7</td> <td align="right">9.7</td> <td align="right">.487</td> <td align="right">0.6</td> <td align="right">1.7</td> <td align="right">.371</td> <td align="right">1.3</td> <td align="right">1.6</td> <td align="right">.809</td> <td align="right">0.3</td> <td align="right">1.4</td> <td align="right">1.7</td> <td align="right">5.7</td> <td align="right">0.8</td> <td align="right">0.1</td> <td align="right">1.3</td> <td align="right">2.5</td> <td align="right">11.3</td> </tr> <tr style="" onmouseover="hl(this);" onmouseout="uhl(this);" class=""> <td csk="4" align="right">4</td> <td csk="Banks,Gene" align="left">Gene Banks</td> <td align="right">27</td> <td align="right">63</td> <td align="right">39</td> <td align="right">28.9</td> <td align="right">4.0</td> <td align="right">7.3</td> <td align="right">.539</td> <td align="right">0.0</td> <td align="right">0.1</td> <td align="right">.000</td> <td align="right">1.8</td> <td align="right">2.3</td> <td align="right">.767</td> <td align="right">1.8</td> <td align="right">3.1</td> <td align="right">4.9</td> <td align="right">2.7</td> <td align="right">0.8</td> <td align="right">0.3</td> <td align="right">1.8</td> <td align="right">2.7</td> <td align="right">9.7</td> </tr> <tr style="" onmouseover="hl(this);" onmouseout="uhl(this);" class=""> <td csk="5" align="right">5</td> <td csk="Sellers,Brad" align="left">Brad Sellers</td></tr></tbody></table>
Those were Jordan's teammates in 1986. John Paxson was the third leading scorer on the team behind Oakley. :doh1

He had one of the worst teams in the league, if not the worst, and he led them to the playoffs and put 63 on the Celtics when they were game planning for him strictly. Larry Bird called him god, for gods sake.

Leading a team to the playoffs???? WTF? Anyone can make the playoffs in the NBA. You don't get it. Spend your time paying off your debt.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

<table class="sortable stats_table" id="per_game"><tbody><tr style="" onmouseover="hl(this);" onmouseout="uhl(this);" class=""><td csk="2" align="right"></td><td csk="Oakley,Charles" align="left"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td></tr><tr style="" onmouseover="hl(this);" onmouseout="uhl(this);" class=""><td csk="3" align="right"></td><td csk="Paxson,John" align="left"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td></tr><tr style="" onmouseover="hl(this);" onmouseout="uhl(this);" class=""><td csk="4" align="right"></td><td csk="Banks,Gene" align="left"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td><td align="right"></td></tr><tr style="" onmouseover="hl(this);" onmouseout="uhl(this);" class=""><td csk="5" align="right"></td><td csk="Sellers,Brad" align="left">http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/sellebr01.html</td></tr></tbody></table>

Timely u ever hear anyone ever call Jordan overrated like Stevenson called Lebron? How about Jordan isn't really that hard to guard like Artest said about Lebron? This is like arguing that same nonsense with some of these clowns who think Sidney Crosby is the best player in the NHL. Thankfully Oveckin hopefully shut that nonsense up but i doubt it if Pitt wins that series. We are debating Lebron against Jordan when he isnt even as good as Kobe:+clueless

ATX

Christ, i saw a game this weekend by Ray Allen that was better then that game. Allen was hitting shots and buzzer beaters with guys hanging all over him. The Lebron game he shot one shot that whole game with a guy guarding him up close. The revolving door the Pistons played that night to let him dunk all game long was pathetic. The Piston laid down like Pigs that game and go watch the game again if u don't believe me. heck even when the series was done Rasheed came out and said that series was a joke of a series and the NBA is getting like the WWE. Billups turned the ball over that series at an alarming rate and missed shots at crucial times all game long so the King could advance. The same shit he did the year Wade advanced.

Ray Allen for MVP.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Leading a team to the playoffs???? WTF? Anyone can make the playoffs in the NBA. You don't get it. Spend your time paying off your debt.

I have no debt. What are you talking about? :doh1

Did you look at his roster. Just ignore it, that's fine. Lebron had one good game in that entire series.

ATX

Timely u ever hear anyone ever call Jordan overrated like Stevenson called Lebron? How about Jordan isn't really that hard to guard like Artest said about Lebron? This is like arguing that same nonsense with some of these clowns who think Sidney Crosby is the best player in the NHL. Thankfully Oveckin hopefully shut that nonsense up but i doubt it if Pitt wins that series. We are debating Lebron against Jordan when he isnt even as good as Kobe:+clueless

Not possible to guard Jordan.

Not possible to guard Kobe.

Not possible to guard Wade.

Not possible to guard Lebron.

read my original post. Kobe is not even close, he doesn't make his team better.

ATX

Did I say Jordan was overrated? NO!

Did I say Lebron was better than Jordan? NO!

Am I saying that Lebron will be better than Jordan at the conclusion of his career? YES! I think he just might get 5 and maybe 6. Yeah, disprove that. You can't. Without Lebron the Cavs wouldn't have made the playoffs. So what?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Did I say Jordan was overrated? NO!

Did I say Lebron was better than Jordan? NO!

Am I saying that Lebron will be better than Jordan at the conclusion of his career? YES! I think he just might get 5 and maybe 6. Yeah, disprove that. You can't. Without Lebron the Cavs wouldn't have made the playoffs. So what?

THIS IS SO WRONG and dumb I don't know why people think it. The Cavs have been one of the best defensive teams in basketball despite Lebron's defensive weaknesses in the past; he's a solid defender now.

They won 66 games. They had to win 41 to make the playoffs. Lebron James is NOT worth 25 games. NO PLAYER in the HISTORY of the NBA has been worth that.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Kobe is not even close, he doesn't make his team better.

After reading that its no sense to go on with you. do urself a favor and watch ESPN today. They will remind u at least 5000 times that Lebron is the NBA and it should go on the whole playoffs. As a matter of fact he is on right now so go get some lube and watch him.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

The NBA and ESPN are like Fox News and the Republican party. each has an agenda for the weak minded.

ATX

[/b]

THIS IS SO WRONG and dumb I don't know why people think it. The Cavs have been one of the best defensive teams in basketball despite Lebron's defensive weaknesses in the past; he's a solid defender now.

They won 66 games. They had to win 41 to make the playoffs. Lebron James is NOT worth 25 games. NO PLAYER in the HISTORY of the NBA has been worth that.

bad math. you take away some of Cleveland's wins it gives the other teams more. raises the bar to well above 41 to make playoffs.

tripp

EOG Master

How did Dwayne Wade and Kobe work there way into this debate? Wade for sure is not even close to James (not even a LITTLE close) and so far the only people I've met thinking otherwise are either huge Wade fans or LeBron James haters. Kobe Braynt is a amazingly skilled, but you can make a very easy argument that James is better than him right now, so when comparing them each when they were 24 is no debate, James by a mile.

I am not ready to put James in the Jordan class. Jordan was a special player and a the type of player that might never come around again. James is the first guy I've seen when I thought he could not only reach that class, but surpass Michael. LeBron james is so physically gifted which gives him the edge over any other guy listed in this thread. James has made it a goal of his to avg a triple double, and from seeing this guy operate I would not want to bet against this guy doing just that.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

How did Dwayne Wade and Kobe work there way into this debate? Wade for sure is not even close to James (not even a LITTLE close) and so far the only people I've met thinking otherwise are either huge Wade fans or LeBron James haters. Kobe Braynt is a amazingly skilled, but you can make a very easy argument that James is better than him right now, so when comparing them each when they were 24 is no debate, James by a mile.

I am not ready to put James in the Jordan class. Jordan was a special player and a the type of player that might never come around again. James is the first guy I've seen when I thought he could not only reach that class, but surpass Michael. LeBron james is so physically gifted which gives him the edge over any other guy listed in this thread. James has made it a goal of his to avg a triple double, and from seeing this guy operate I would not want to bet against this guy doing just that.

Wade has a ring and he won it by himself (With a little help from the refs).

He had a great Finals, maybe the best ever, and won it for his team. We'll see if Lebron does the same.

tripp

EOG Master

I think you just have him amazingly overrated, and you are so pro-wade that you've become anti-james. Anytime people mention how great James is you say Wade is better James is overrated. Wade is a great, great player. He is not King James though.

LeBron will likelly end up with around 5 MVP's and 3-4 NBA Championships, depending on what he decides to do 2010. He can make almost any team a winner though. I think people really forget just how horried this Cleveland team was before James showed up.

ATX

agree.

seems like there are Kobe cliches, and Wade cliches, and Lebron cliches.

No one will ever be Jordan. He was my favorite player. I just think that Lebron has a chance to be considered in the same sentence as Jordan, possibly better as his career PROGRESSES. I think Lebron is a better all around player than Kobe, and slightly better than Wade, I don't think Kobe is a great TEAM player and won't get the rings b/c of that (although being in LA might get him close). It's strange how most people like one of the three and hate the other two...

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

Lebron could average whatever he wanted to average if he was only worried about stats....that being said, he is a great team player therefore I do not think it would ever become his main priority12io4j2w90

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Guy averages more points, same amount of assists, 2 fewer rebounds (He's 6 inches shorter), had more blocks, steals and shot similar percentages from the field and line, but it's not even close?

Boston

EOG Dedicated

the fact that people would even compare lebron to kobe is laughable. Comparing lebron to wade is worth a debate. When stupid people bring this up it only takes 4 sentences to shut them down

ballhandling kobe>lebron
shooting kobe>lebron by so far the motherfuckers in space
defending kobe>lebron like comparing swiss cheese to a steel door
rings kobe>lebron obvious

lebron will never get a ring the kid is after a big paycheck aka eat up all the teams cap so he can't have a cast worth mentioning. The cavs are the best team he'll be on for a while and they will get massacred in the finals in either a sweep or 5 games tops. They don't match up at all. People put too much stock in their best record in the nba while they play in the east with the only other team worth mentioning is boston but they have been without their best player for quite a while. Get back to me on how they handled the lakers this year. Lebron is the most overrated player in history period. He is also ther reason I will make a small fortune in the finals so this bitch boy is a blessing and a curse

DefenseWins

EOG Veteran

This is the dumbest argument I have ever heard. Lets go to Deshawn Stevenson and Ron Artest for our basketball knowledge. Who really gives a fuck what these two dumbasses say?

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO