LeBron to the Lakers?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Re: LeBron to the Lakers?

Believe it or not, despite me being a Sixers Fan and thinking that a title is virtually guaranteed if he goes to HOU (@ full fitness, that's his best shot); I want him to stay.

However, LBJ the GM made a call saying he did not want Kyrie traded and Kyrie was traded. It's one of those things that if you order Martinez not to be touched and your orders are always followed, then why did Martinez have to be pulled off the base for his protection. Make sense? If LBJ really is the GM and he didn't want Kyrie traded, then why was he traded? Can we handle the truth? Maybe LBJ doesn't have the pull he wants and will move to a more stable situation. Don't get me wrong, I know he has a lot of pull in Cle but perhaps not at the level we think.

I guess they felt they had to get something for Irving. Irving must have went to Gilbert on this. Tough spot when egos collide and people pick sides.

E-Money712

EOG Senior Member

Houston gives LeBron the best chance to unseat Golden State.

Paul versus Curry, Harden versus Thompson, LeBron versus Durant and Capela versus Green.

It’s unlikely he goes to Houston unless some team miraculously takes Ryan Anderson’s nearly $20 million dollar contract. Seems like their obsession to beat GSW will haunt them on the impulse decision to over pay for Anderson.

kane

EOG master

It’s unlikely he goes to Houston unless some team miraculously takes Ryan Anderson’s nearly $20 million dollar contract. Seems like their obsession to beat GSW will haunt them on the impulse decision to over pay for Anderson.

If LeBron wants to play in Houston, Morey will figure out a way to dump that contract, teams with no cap room right now will do whatever it takes if it means getting LeBron

kane

EOG master

I guess they felt they had to get something for Irving. Irving must have went to Gilbert on this. Tough spot when egos collide and people pick sides.

Here's the thing though, Irving was under contract for two more years, they didn't have to trade him this year, they could have kept him and worried about the situation at the end of the year. I assume they didn't want an unhappy player in the locker room and felt like moving him was the best option, but there was no urgency to trade him. Where they really fucked up was trading him to the Celtics, the team they just faced in the ECF's the year before, and the main piece they got back was damaged goods and they knew he was damaged goods, throw in the Nets pick not being as high as they would have hoped and the trade now looks like a complete disaster for Cleveland. And Game is right about LeBron not wanting Irving traded, if it was his call Irving would have been a Cavalier this past season.

E-Money712

EOG Senior Member

If LeBron wants to play in Houston, Morey will figure out a way to dump that contract, teams with no cap room right now will do whatever it takes if it means getting LeBron

Lebron a max contract, dumping Anderson’s contract, re-signing CP3 and Capela to high contracts is not going to happen.

kane

EOG master

Woj is reporting Kawhi Leonard wants out of SA and the Lakers are the team he wants to be traded to, once that happens, LeBron and probably Paul George will soon follow

kane

EOG master

Wish I could see the look on railbird's face when his favorite player goes to his most hated team

kane

EOG master

LBJ, George, and Leonard isn’t winning the Lakers a title either.

Maybe not, but it gets them close, depending on what the rest of the roster looks like, they're easily a top 5 team next year, probably top 3

Heim

EOG Master

Yahoo reported yesterday George is leaning towards staying in OKC...plus he just had knee surgery.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Several players aren't as good statistically but would make the Rockets a much better team than Brick would.....

Talent is already there, you just want to upgrade without someone that would come in and piss all over the team so he can get his numbers.

Maybe avoid a guy that pouts about noncalls during live play in the Finals? Must be fun to play GS 4 on 5 so a teammate can ensure he gets the next call.

Or maybe avoid a guy that gives up and hangs his head before OT has even been played rather than after OT? Always fun to have your team leader QUIT in front of the world.

Or avoid an aged vet that defiantly soaks up max minutes early in the season so he can add oldest player to do so in his personal stats.......

Beating Orlando by 27 instead of 23 in November is important, way more so than having energy for the team late in the Finals.

It's just ridiculous.

And it's not just talk, even Kobe said lately Brick needs a find a way to WIN, not amass personal stats.

I mean can't say I mind him as the eternal bridesmaid but his apologists are probably going crazy trying to defend this selfish clown propping himself as a "king", LOL.

We move on.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Maybe not, but it gets them close, depending on what the rest of the roster looks like, they're easily a top 5 team next year, probably top 3

LBJ is running out of time - legends win, not get participation awards for being close.

railbird

EOG Master

Wager details for ticket number 150299257-1:

[TABLE="width: 0"]

Wager Type:

Future/Prop

Wager Status:

Pending

Risk / To Win Amount:

650.00 / 500.00 (USD) Accepted 6/15/2018 11:08 PM - EST

Selection:

.NBA - NBA L.James Special Prop.

Which team Will L.James be on 1St Rs Gm of 2018-19 6/17/2018 11:59 PM - (EST)

LA Lakers -130

[/TABLE]

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

The Spurs will make the best deal they can, just like Cleveland trading Kyrie Irving to Boston

I have no idea if it’s equal value but would Philly offer up someone like Simmons? Leonard would put Boston or Philly in the finals.

kane

EOG master

I have no idea if it’s equal value but would Philly offer up someone like Simmons? Leonard would put Boston or Philly in the finals.

I don't know what the Sixers are thinking, but to me Simmons and Embiid are untouchable, and remember Leonard is a free agent after next season, I can't see giving up Simmons for potentially one year of Leonard. Leonard is a West coast guy and if he's intent on playing in LA, that's where he'll be, if not this year then next. Danny Ainge would probably make a deal right now if Leonard would agree to stay in Boston, but without that assurance he would be taking a very big risk since he would be giving up a lot to get him

MrTop

EOG Master

I don't see Boston picking up Leonard because they have Hayward coming back. Both players are about the same size. Yes Leonard is better and a possible attitude too.

kane

EOG master

I don't see Boston picking up Leonard because they have Hayward coming back. Both players are about the same size. Yes Leonard is better and a possible attitude too.

The Celtics made an offer for Leonard at last season's trade deadline, that's been confirmed, I don't know who the Celtics were willing to trade but obviously the Spurs said no.

Heim

EOG Master

I don't think Chris Paul is bluffing when he admitted yesterday Lebron doesn't like Houston (city) thus doesn't see LBJ coming.....

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

The league and all power it holds will work diligently, as well as through the other organizations to make Brick's next stop one powerful machine.....

They will get pretty much what they want in player talent.

I assume it's LA, a Lakers/GS rivalry is what the league wants most and it's not going to stop until they get it.

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad

[FONT=&quot]SuperBook took a $1,000 bet on the [/FONT]Cavs[FONT=&quot] to win the title at [/FONT]50-1 this morning. [FONT=&quot]Odds now 12/1[/FONT]