LIV Golf

mr merlin

EOG Master
Harold Varner scolding his LIV fellow players…bluntly tells them they are in it for the cash…ouch
A slight exaggeration, he basically said all of them are in it for the money and they may as well admit it, he said he is as well. Nothing wrong with honesty but it was hardly a rebuke of anyone.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Looks like all or most all LIV make the cut. You see what a shit show the media has become. Sergio was correct to tell them so.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Looks like all or most all LIV make the cut. You see what a shit show the media has become. Sergio was correct to tell them so.

Actually, it appears to be pretty proportional to the complete field. Probably only 10 or 11 of the 18 will make the cut (so far 7 in clubhouse).

Likely missing the cut will be Na (WD), Oousthuizen (+7), Kokrak (+7), Watson (+7), Garcia (+5), Pieters (+3), DeChambeau(+4), Schwartzel(+3)

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
Great to see Thomas bogey the last hole and move the cut to +3 letting his good friend Tiger make the cut….
They'll be polishing his knob all afternoon with how brave and courageous he is since it'll be cold and rainy. He's shakleton braving the antarctic.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Actually, it appears to be pretty proportional to the complete field. Probably only 10 or 11 of the 18 will make the cut (so far 7 in clubhouse).

Likely missing the cut will be Na (WD), Oousthuizen (+7), Kokrak (+7), Watson (+7), Garcia (+5), Pieters (+3), DeChambeau(+4), Schwartzel(+3)

Update Sat AM:

LIV 12 of the 18 made the cut at +3. Circa had a prop on LIV golfers to make the cut at 11.5.

Missing the cut are six: Na (WD), Oousthuizen (WD, was +7 at the 17th), Kokrak (+8), Watson (+9), Garcia (+7), DeChambeau(+4).

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Milk shake. His career an up and down line instead of smooth and steady rise. He got 1 major and $$$ so maybe he thinks it was worth it.

mr merlin

EOG Master
LIV golfers stacked like cord wood at the top, the masters should seriously consider cutting back on the number of PGA players they invite.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This is as plane and simple as I can post. The LIV will never make money. No scenario ever. They spend too much. They exist as long as the Arabs funding it are ok losing money. Maybe Forever Young. Maybe it ends this year. Fact.

In a rational, normal world, the LIV would be like the USFL. Low level and non PGA. Then it has a chance to make money and grow. The only way to get top talent is to pay insane amounts. That takes us to the first paragraph.

I think it ends this year. Damage to the PGA done but also done. I don't expect many more bigs to bolt.

mr merlin

EOG Master
This is as plane and simple as I can post. The LIV will never make money. No scenario ever. They spend too much. They exist as long as the Arabs funding it are ok losing money. Maybe Forever Young. Maybe it ends this year. Fact.

In a rational, normal world, the LIV would be like the USFL. Low level and non PGA. Then it has a chance to make money and grow. The only way to get top talent is to pay insane amounts. That takes us to the first paragraph.

I think it ends this year. Damage to the PGA done but also done. I don't expect many more bigs to bolt.
Norman claims there are many players ready to flip but there's no room for them. This year the top 24 guys are guaranteed into next year so presumably they'll be able to get rid of some of the riff raff and reload next year.

It seems to me LIV could get a practice squad of guys since it's unlikely all 48 even want to play every tourney - then you might have injuries, etc. They could prob get 55 guys signed.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Taylor Gooch wins again - he's weighing his money instead of counting it. If his caddy is getting the standard rate(10% for a win), he's made over $800K in the last 8 days.

Gooch banked $4 million for each of his individual titles, and because his RangeGoats GC won the team competition in Singapore and finished second in Adelaide, he added another $1,125,000. Add it all up, and that’s $9,125,000 in earnings in the last eight days.
In 13 starts on the Saudi-backed tour, Gooch has won more than $19 million in on-course earnings alone. And that doesn’t even include his signing bonus, which was likely an eight-digit figure.
Yeah, it’s safe to say Gooch is enjoying himself away from the PGA Tour.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Plenty of Money In Saudi Arabia !

400 MILLION A YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lionel Messi in talks for $400 million-per-year contract with Saudi Arabia, per report​

Lionel Messi may be on the verge of a financially seismic move to Saudi Arabia.

The Paris Saint-Germain star is in talks with the Saudi Arabian government over a potential free agent deal worth as much as $400 million (£320 million) per year, according to The Telegraph. Messi's current contract with PSG is set to expire this summer.