Malcolm Jenkins

Bigrunner

EOG Master
I deleted. I apologize sincerely. I'm a little riled up right now at these idiots..
Can answer my question. It's level 1st grade but too difficult for Monkey and Janus.

The President stealing 3 million from charity.

1. Normal or
2. Criminal

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Actually, he and then many others kneeled to show his disgust at the Racist killings in the Country. He has said many times it was not against the Military. But just like you fools who answer All Lives Matter, you didn't care to listen. Then your Idiot Cult leader had to step in and put his fat ass where it doesn't belong.

I bet you guys didn't know that the only way to protest police brutality was to kneel during the anthem. You're just not listening. LOL.

Valuist

EOG Master
Star WR offensive player of the year Mike Thomas tells Brees "we don't care what you think". I care what Brees thinks about Trump hugging the flag and using it as a prop in a photo op. Like he used the bible recently. Someone get that question to Brees.

Biggest mistake Saints made is letting Teddy Bridgewater go. Hes better than Brees.

After this season, I think Carolina would disagree with you.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Kind of seems like all of that kneeling didn't really do anything but cause more division.

Haven't seen one MAGA person at the protests? Have you? Racist scum! There's a huge divide in this country. 8 years of Obama was painful for the white supremacist.

"Obama is a Muslim that was born in Africa. He shouldn't be President".
- Traitor Trump

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...tars-speak-quarterback-controversial-comments

Drew Brees' teammate Malcolm Jenkins among many stars to speak out against quarterback's controversial comments

Drew Brees' teammate Malcolm Jenkins among many stars to speak out against quarterback's controversial comments
play
6:44 PM ET

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees attracted backlash Wednesday from across the sports world, including from a teammate, when he reiterated his stance that he will "never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America" during an interview with Yahoo Finance.

An emotional Malcolm Jenkins, in a video that has since been deleted from social media, said that he was "hurt" by Brees' comments and that they were "extremely self-centered." The Yahoo interview featured Brees' first comments in the wake of George Floyd's death last week.

"Our communities are under siege, and we need help," Jenkins said in one of the videos on Instagram. "And what you're telling us is don't ask for help that way. Ask for it a different way. I can't listen to it when you ask that way. We're done asking, Drew. And people who share your sentiments, who express those and push them throughout the world, the airwaves, are the problem.

View this post on Instagram
As I was trying to muster up the energy and find the words to address Drew Brees's comments I recorded this video. Before I could post it, Drew reached out to me to discuss his point of view. All in all, I'm still posting this video because it's important for anyone who wants to consider themself an ally to know how these words and actions affect those who you want to help. Drew's words during his interview were extremely painful to hear and I hope he rectifies them with real action.

A post shared by Malcolm Jenkins (@malcolmjenkins27) on Jun 3, 2020 at 2:42pm PDT

"And it's unfortunate because I considered you a friend. I looked up to you. You're somebody who I had a great deal of respect for. But sometimes you should shut the f--- up."

Jenkins, a safety who agreed to a four-year deal with the Saints in March, later clarified his decision to take down the initial video.

"I recorded a few videos when thinking of how to respond to Drew Brees, I don't take any of it back-I meant what I said-I removed the 1st video because I knew it be more about the headlines," he wrote. "I want people to understand how those of us struggling with what's going on feel."

Brees: Will never agree with disrespecting flag

Jenkins, who appeared on CNN on Wednesday, was not alone in sharing his thoughts. Brees' remarks on the flag drew a sharp rebuke on social media from Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and San Francisco 49ers cornerback Richard Sherman, among other NFL players, as well as from Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James.

Rodgers also posted on Instagram, with a photo of himself and his teammates locking arms during the national anthem, writing, "A few years ago we were criticized for locking arms in solidarity before the game. It has NEVER been about an anthem or a flag. Not then. Not now. Listen with an open heart, let's educate ourselves, and then turn word and thought into action."

A few years ago we were criticized for locking arms in solidarity before the game. It has NEVER been about an anthem or a flag. Not then. Not now. Listen with an open heart, let's educate ourselves, and then turn word and thought into action. #wakeupamerica #itstimeforchange #loveoverfear❤️ #solidarity #libertyandjusticeforall #all

A post shared by Aaron Rodgers (@aaronrodgers12) on Jun 3, 2020 at 2:08pm PDT

Sherman took to Twitter on Wednesday afternoon, saying that Brees is "beyond lost."

"Guarantee you there were black men fighting along side your grandfather but this doesn't seem to be about that," Sherman wrote. "That uncomfortable conversation you are trying to avoid by injecting military into a conversation about brutality and equality is part of the problem."

Stephen Jackson, a friend of Floyd's who has become a vocal leader for the black community in the days since Floyd's death, blasted Brees in a video posted to Instagram.

"Bad timing Drew Brees, bad timing bruh," Jackson said. "All right, you play for New Orleans, you live in New Orleans. All of them black people support you. Drew Brees, you gotta be a little more sensitive to the timing bruh."

Jackson also applauded Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas, who appeared to take a shot at his quarterback on Twitter.

"Y'all got to check y'all teammates. Michael Thomas, I salute you bruh," Jackson said. "F--- Drew Brees. Way to check his ass. If you ain't down with us, you on the other side."

Brees gave a lengthy response to ESPN when asked about the perceived conflict between his stances, including a potential divide in his locker room, where players such as Jenkins and Demario Davis are among the leaders of the players' coalition seeking social justice and racial equality.

"I love and respect my teammates, and I stand right there with them in regard to fighting for racial equality and justice," Brees said. "I also stand with my grandfathers, who risked their lives for this country, and countless other military men and women who do it on a daily basis."

Damon Harrison Sr.

@snacks
How can you be in the locker rooms, speaking to the players, know the reasoning, and yet still be dumb enough to believe it’s about the flag. Like HOW???? He should know better than that. He just doesn’t care. Damn man not Drew...

4:21 PM - Jun 3, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
768 people are talking about this
Former Detroit Lions defensive tackle Damon Harrison, who is still a free agent as the season nears, said on Twitter that a veteran of Brees' caliber should have known better.

"How can you be in the locker rooms, speaking to the players, know the reasoning, and yet still be dumb enough to believe it's about the flag," he wrote. "Like HOW???? He should know better than that. He just doesn't care. Damn man not Drew ..."

Pro Football Hall of Fame defensive back and New Orleans native Ed Reed also went after Brees on social media late Wednesday. "I see Drew Brees trying to do his part in keeping black folk down," Reed said in a video posted to Instagram. "You a straight sucka for that s--- Drew Brees ... And for all my Saints fans, for all my New Orleans people who still like your a-- just because they want to win games, y'all right with him."

LeBron James

@KingJames
WOW MAN!! 🤦🏾‍♂️. Is it still surprising at this point. Sure isn’t! You literally still don’t understand why Kap was kneeling on one knee?? Has absolute nothing to do with the disrespect of 🇺🇸 and our soldiers(men and women) who keep our land free. My father-in-law was one of those

Yahoo Finance

@YahooFinance
Highlight: @readdanwrite asks @drewbrees what the star NFL quarterback thinks about "players kneeling again when the NFL season starts."@drewbrees: “I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country.”

Full exchange:

Embedded video
3:47 PM - Jun 3, 2020
64.8K people are talking about this

LeBron James

@KingJames
Replying to @KingJames
men who fought as well for this country. I asked him question about it and thank him all the time for his commitement. He never found Kap peaceful protest offensive because he and I both know what’s right is right and what’s wrong is wrong! God bless you. 🙏🏾✊🏾👑

3:48 PM - Jun 3, 2020
15.4K people are talking about this
James responded on Twitter earlier in the day, saying that kneeling during the national anthem has "nothing to do with the disrespect of [the United States flag] and our soldiers."

In addition to critical responses to Brees' statements appearing on social media, NOLA.com showed video of a brief "F--- Drew Brees!" chant breaking out during a peaceful protest in New
Orleans

Bigrunner

EOG Master
MAGA people are racist scum. They will always say kneeling during the National Anthem is disrespecting the fly. 😂 Thats because their cult leader says that. I do see where Drew Brees doesn't agree with the bunker inspector. The MAGA don't care if Trump disrespect the fly but their opinions are very strong if they think someone has. This hypocrisy is constant. It's a cult.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
There are other ways to solve this. It doesn’t have to be kneel or don't kneel. NFL PSA's, documentary videos, or a number of other ways for people to find middle ground if they actually want to.

He doesn't understand the very valid protest Kaep, and many other players have done, and hopefully will do again. It's a slap in the face to his teammates. His teammates are trying to educate him. I hope they do and that Drew will participate in any protest coming up this season.
Your article says it best. Many people have died and put their lives in danger every day under the flag. There’s a time and place for everything. Unfortunately we’re going to see an NFL season full of kneeling.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Can answer my question. It's level 1st grade but too difficult for Monkey and Janus.

The President stealing 3 million from charity.

1. Normal or
2. Criminal
One of your sharper posts. We agree that many of your posts are of the first grade level.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Don't know why Drew is being such an asshole now. He wasn't back in 2016 about this. I have faith his teammates and Coach Peyton will talk some sense into him. https://mashable.com/2016/09/27/saints-falcons-unity-circle-national-anthem/

Congrats to Brees. A step back in the right direction:

drewbrees
Verified

I would like to apologize to my friends, teammates, the City of New Orleans, the black community, NFL community and anyone I hurt with my comments yesterday. In speaking with some of you, it breaks my heart to know the pain I have caused.
In an attempt to talk about respect, unity, and solidarity centered around the American flag and the national anthem, I made comments that were insensitive and completely missed the mark on the issues we are facing right now as a country. They lacked awareness and any type of compassion or empathy. Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy. This could not be further from the truth, and is not an accurate reflection of my heart or my character.
This is where I stand:

I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference.
I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today.
I acknowledge that we as Americans, including myself, have not done enough to fight for that equality or to truly understand the struggles and plight of the black community.

I recognize that I am part of the solution and can be a leader for the black community in this movement.
I will never know what it’s like to be a black man or raise black children in America but I will work every day to put myself in those shoes and fight for what is right.
I have ALWAYS been an ally, never an enemy.
I am sick about the way my comments were perceived yesterday, but I take full responsibility and accountability. I recognize that I should do less talking and more listening...and when the black community is talking about their pain, we all need to listen.
For that, I am very sorry and I ask your forgiveness.

1h

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
He will be now to the Cultists. He committed the unpardonable sin. admitting he was wrong, ask for forgiveveness, and pledge to be better in the future, I'm not his teammates or an NFL player, but if I was, I'd give him the benefit of doubt here I hope thise that rightfully took shots at him will hear his words and forgive him. Sick Cultists will hate it though.

Last edited:

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
He will be now to the Cultists. He committed the unpardonable sin. admitting he was wrong, ask for forgiveveness, and pledge to be better in the future, I'm not his teammates ar an NFL player, but if I was, I'd give him the benefit of doubt here I jope thise that rightfully took shots at him will hear his words and fotgive him. Sick Cultists will hate it though.
I'm sure he'd appreciate you giving him the benefit of the doubt because there really was so much doubt based on his lifelong history of actions. How dare he love his country and the people who served to make it the great country it once was (a long time ago lol). Talk about being with fucking stupid.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
At least we figured out the problem (Drew Brees), now we just have to figure out wtf to do about it.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
All this time I was thinking the problem was radical thinking on both the right and left side of the fence. Meanwhile it was right in front of my face the whole time. It was Drew Fucking Brees. :eek:

kane

EOG master
Guesser serious question, what did he say that was so wrong? Help me understand please.

Brees, along with many others, keep saying that the athletes taking a knee are protesting the flag or the military, that's not the case, that's the narrative the right constantly pushes in order to make the athletes look as bad as possible, the right wants this to be about a bunch of thug athletes disrespecting the flag and the military to turn the tide of public opinion against them. The truth is they take a knee to bring awareness to police brutality, because they're tired of watching cops do what they did to guys like George Floyd. A guy like Brees can't possibly know what it's like to be Malcom Jenkins or Michael Thomas, he can't know what those guys might have gone through growing up and interacting with the police, which isn't Brees's fault either, he shouldn't have to apologize for being white, or growing up in a different environment than his black teammates, but he needs to know the reason why his teammates take a knee, and protesting the military has nothing to do with it, Brees should have never brought up the military, it shows he doesn't understand why athletes are protesting.

kane

EOG master
At least we figured out the problem (Drew Brees), now we just have to figure out wtf to do about it.

Of course Drew Brees isn't the problem, the problem is he doesn't understand why athletes take a knee, if he did, he wouldn't have mentioned the military in his comments. It has nothing to do with the military or the flag, those are right wing talking points pushed hard by the right in order to put public opinion against the athletes. The average white guy probably doesn't care about athletes going down on a knee, but if they're told that going down on one knee is disrespecting the military or the flag, that white guy who otherwise wouldn't have cared is now outraged that these thug athletes don't care about the flag or the military and they must hate America. The right took what Kap's initial protest meant, and twisted it to win in the court of public opinion. From everything I know about Brees, the guy's always been a class act, he's probably the most popular athlete ever in New Orleans sports history. But we all know NO is a mostly black city, and he should have eductated himself on the whole kneeling thing before commenting.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Of course Drew Brees isn't the problem, the problem is he doesn't understand why athletes take a knee, if he did, he wouldn't have mentioned the military in his comments. It has nothing to do with the military or the flag, those are right wing talking points pushed hard by the right in order to put public opinion against the athletes. The average white guy probably doesn't care about athletes going down on a knee, but if they're told that going down on one knee is disrespecting the military or the flag, that white guy who otherwise wouldn't have cared is now outraged that these thug athletes don't care about the flag or the military and they must hate America. The right took what Kap's initial protest meant, and twisted it to win in the court of public opinion. From everything I know about Brees, the guy's always been a class act, he's probably the most popular athlete ever in New Orleans sports history. But we all know NO is a mostly black city, and he should have eductated himself on the whole kneeling thing before commenting.

And I'm sure he doesn't care or understand that Donald Trump is one of the biggest disrespectors of the flag in America. That's who he should have challenged if he has so much passion for respecting the flag. Drew, Drew, Drew.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
If you don't think the majority of the people who served to protect our country are offended and flat out disgusted by our supposed role models kneeling during the National Anthem then I really don't know what else to say. No one with any common sense has to be told by right wing media or whoever else that taking a knee during the country's National Anthem is complete disrespect to everything the flag stands for. The fact that you don't understand it is the problem. Why can't we hold Kap and others accountable for making a disgusting decision in the way they chose to protest minority's getting mistreated by cops when there were 1000s of other more respectful ways to do so to get the same point across. It isn't a slight to white people that served, it's a slight to everyone that served and the fact that you and others don't understand that because you are so ignorant to everything else around you besides the point you are trying to make is just sad at the end of the day. As far as Drew's education goes on the subject of "the whole kneeling thing" as you so eloquently put it, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he is far more educated on the subject than you or most others ever will be.

kane

EOG master
If you don't think the majority of the people who served to protect our country are offended and flat out disgusted by our supposed role models kneeling during the National Anthem then I really don't know what else to say. No one with any common sense has to be told by right wing media or whoever else that taking a knee during the country's National Anthem is complete disrespect to everything the flag stands for. The fact that you don't understand it is the problem. Why can't we hold Kap and others accountable for making a disgusting decision in the way they chose to protest minority's getting mistreated by cops when there were 1000s of other more respectful ways to do so to get the same point across. It isn't a slight to white people that served, it's a slight to everyone that served and the fact that you and others don't understand that because you are so ignorant to everything else around you besides the point you are trying to make is just sad at the end of the day. As far as Drew's education goes on the subject of "the whole kneeling thing" as you so eloquently put it, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he is far more educated on the subject than you or most others ever will be.

The athletes know why they take a knee, if you think it's for other reasons, that's on you. If you think they're disrespecting the flag, that's on you, if you think they're anti military, that's on you. They know why they're doing what they do, if you don't understand it, that's on you. As far as Brees being more educated on the subject than I am, judging by the reactions all over the sports world, including his own teammates, I disagree

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
The athletes know why they take a knee, if you think it's for other reasons, that's on you. If you think they're disrespecting the flag, that's on you, if you think they're anti military, that's on you. They know why they're doing what they do, if you don't understand it, that's on you. As far as Brees being more educated on the subject than I am, judging by the reactions all over the sports world, including his own teammates, I disagree
I don't have to think it. Just ask the people who served how they feel about it. If 90+% don't tell you it's complete disrespect I'll dance on my head in traffic.

kane

EOG master
I don't have to think it. Just ask the people who served how they feel about it. If 90+% don't tell you it's complete disrespect I'll dance on my head in traffic.

If they feel like taking a knee is being disrespectful to the flag, then that's their right, they can think whatever they want, they're thinking is wrong, but they're entitled to think whatever they want. If those who served sat down and spoke with the knee takers for 15 minutes and understood the athletes side and why they're doing what they do, I'm sure many of those 90% would see things differently. The athletes who take a knee have explained over and over the reason they do it, if others can't/won't understand it, then that's not the athletes fault. If Malcom Jenkins says I take a knee to protest police brutality, and it has nothing to do with the flag or the military, it's just in protest of the police, but someone else says your disrespecting the military, I don't know what more Jenkins is supposed to do

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
We have gone nuts. Biggest issue is guys coming out of the woodwork like Thomas who was just debating with Parker about being the best WR in the league has to throw in his 2 cents in return gets everybody else riled up. These arent people you want your kids to look up to. They just aren't. Maybe its boredom, maybe its ignorance , maybe entitlement plays a role but if Drew Brees (somebody who gave his sweat and blood for New Orleans) can get bombarded with backlash over what he said then I genuinely feel there is no hope for our future. None. You might as well stay quiet.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
And I'm sure he doesn't care or understand that Donald Trump is one of the biggest disrespectors of the flag in America. That's who he should have challenged if he has so much passion for respecting the flag. Drew, Drew, Drew.
Where do the shitheads who burn it rank? Oh I forgot they have the right to do that.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Where do the shitheads who burn it rank? Oh I forgot they have the right to do that.

We all saw the horrible video of George Floyd being murdered. But some racist shitheads choose to point out that the dead black man was intentionally passing a bad $20, and was a bad role model. You just shouldn't do that. Some racist shitheads would say he deserved to die. There are much worse racist than you. You stopped short! There are always gonna be worse disrespectors of the flag than Orange chicken. Trump uses the flag strictly as a political prop in photo op's. If he thought burning it would help him politically he wouldn't hesitate.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
If they feel like taking a knee is being disrespectful to the flag, then that's their right, they can think whatever they want, they're thinking is wrong, but they're entitled to think whatever they want. If those who served sat down and spoke with the knee takers for 15 minutes and understood the athletes side and why they're doing what they do, I'm sure many of those 90% would see things differently. The athletes who take a knee have explained over and over the reason they do it, if others can't/won't understand it, then that's not the athletes fault. If Malcom Jenkins says I take a knee to protest police brutality, and it has nothing to do with the flag or the military, it's just in protest of the police, but someone else says your disrespecting the military, I don't know what more Jenkins is supposed to do
And I'm not sure what more Drew Brees has to do. He simply answered a question with his heart that he was asked. He felt it was disrespect and wouldn't support it. That should have been the fucking end of it period. But know he gets completely berated for having that more than reasonably opinion on the matter. So it's ok to have an opinion if and only if it follows the agenda. That's the fucking problem here Kane not Drew Brees. Wake up.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
We all saw the horrible video of George Floyd being murdered. But some racist shitheads choose to point out that the dead black man was intentionally passing a bad $20, and was a bad role model. You just shouldn't do that. Some racist shitheads would say he deserved to die. There are much worse racist than you. You stopped short! There are always gonna be worse disrespectors of the flag than Orange chicken. Trump uses the flag strictly as a political prop in photo op's. If he thought burning it would help him politically he wouldn't hesitate.
You point out what part of my post is racist? I have CNN proof. If that makes me racist, then CNN is also.

so you know BR, I worked in the hood for a long time, I know the tricks.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
And I'm not sure what more Drew Brees has to do. He simply answered a question with his heart that he was asked. He felt it was disrespect and wouldn't support it. That should have been the fucking end of it period. But know he gets completely berated for having that more than reasonably opinion on the matter. So it's ok to have an opinion if and only if it follows the agenda. That's the fucking problem here Kane not Drew Brees. Wake up.
If you are not 100% with the far left, then you are racist. That was the BS with Brees. How about we don’t have the anthem played before games anymore. I would hate to offend someone.