Mike Martz on Trey Lance

Heim

EOG Master
He's not ready. 9ers made a soap opera out of this with Garrapolo practicing on a seperate field while
they tried to deal him....silly.

I know they had contract issues with him, but the competition should have been open, not a default
to a #1.

So now you have a frazzled #1 and a former starting Qb not wanted. Yet the market treats them
like the 86 Bears.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I was surprised at the number of "power runs" the 49ers called for Trey Lance.

I know he's big and strong (nearly 6-4 and 225), but why play to win the battle and not the war?

He's only 22 years old.

Risky, very risky.

railbird

EOG Master

I know he's big and strong (nearly 6-4 and 225), but why play to win the battle and not the war?

He's only 22 years old.

Risky, very risky.
thats the only thing he can do well

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
The weather was bad. When he throws for 2 TDs and runs for another 2 against Seattle next week all with an injury plagued team then what will the narrative be?

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I'll agree way later down the line but even then we need to see if Kittle finds the field soon. Mitchell is out for the season. The Bears game shouldn't and won't be indicative of their season, at least I hope not. It was wet and nasty especially in the last quarter.

49ers are a great team still but from a gambling perspective I'm not laying the number I'm seeing now on them against Seattle.

And I do agree with you and look for your insight on west coast sports. I just don't post it.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

He's only 22 years old.

Risky, very risky.

Trey Lance OUT for the year.

Broken ankle.