Munson....golf update

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I have a streak going....48 consecutive holes without a double bogey...handicap index is under 11....things going my way now on the golf course...watch out in March....

Enjoy the holidays!

munson15

I want winners...
Re: Munson....golf update

That's great to hear, Dino. They just put the covers on our greens, so my season is officially over. I finished the year at an 8.6 index/10 handicap, so I'll be ready for you! You have a standing offer to play at our club!:cheers

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

That's great to hear, Dino. They just put the covers on our greens, so my season is officially over. I finished the year at an 8.6 index/10 handicap, so I'll be ready for you! You have a standing offer to play at our club!:cheers

Hope you bring your clubs to Las Vegas in March...but I will understand if you leave your sticks home and bring your Russian girlfriend....looks like I get one a side...

munson15

I want winners...

I don't think her next visit will coincide with March Madness, Dino. But, if you play our course, I'll make it two a side for home field advantage! I probably won't bring the clubs to Vegas since it's such a pain in the ass to travel. With the artificial hip setting off metal detectors in every U.S. airport, and being that I will be riding solo, it would be too much trouble, I'm afraid to say. But, I'd love to tee it up with you someday back here.:thumbsup

munson15

I want winners...

BTW, for the uninitiated, 48 holes without a double is quite a feat. Means Dino has an excellent short game, and isn't getting into any trouble off the tee. Very impressive my friend.:btj:

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Next tee time is Thursday, my Friday....Burapha Golf Course, white tees....

You won't believe this, but our caddies gamble among themselves(very small)...my caddy is living large this week...hopefully I can add another 18 holes to the streak...

munson15

I want winners...

Keep it in the short stuff and I'm sure you will, Dino. Have a good time, and think of us poor bastards who won't play for 4 long months.:lolxmas

J

joeybagadonuts

48 holes w/o a double is inanely impressive. I've been back working on my game lately and I would to play with both VD and Munson someday.

J

joeybagadonuts

Keep it in the short stuff and I'm sure you will, Dino. Have a good time, and think of us poor bastards who won't play for 4 long months.:lolxmas

That's gotta be horrible. I played 2 weekends ago down at the Ritz Carlton course in Half Moon Bay and it was beautiful out there. Played horrible but got to spend a nice day with my dad, brother, and brother-in-law.

munson15

I want winners...

That course in Half Moon Bay is tremendous, a great finishing hole as I recall. I have played Olympic, Pebble and Spyglass in your area, Joey, and enjoyed each one immensely. The pleasure would be mine if that game could ever be arranged. Maybe Freddie the Devil for a fourth?:thumbsup

J

joeybagadonuts

That course in Half Moon Bay is tremendous, a great finishing hole as I recall. I have played Olympic, Pebble and Spyglass in your area, Joey, and enjoyed each one immensely. The pleasure would be mine if that game could ever be arranged. Maybe Freddie the Devil for a fourth?:thumbsup

The last 2 at HMB are amazing. Though a few months ago when I played the par 3 17th which was playing about 130 that day, there was so much wind I had to hit a 4 iron to get it there, after dumping my first one onto the beach below. (would normally hit a pw or 9 on the hole)

I play Olympic every few months but I get frustrated quickly there if my game is off. Its a tough ass course, esp the lake course. The little par 3 cliff course at Olympic is tons of fun before or after a 'real' round there.

At this point I;'m just glad I can even play after years of back problems preventing me from really playing at all.

cheapseats

EOG Master

played hmb years ago, is nice, never played oly, i dont hang with the right people i guess, pebble is getting over-priced, did play there many times

J

joeybagadonuts

played hmb years ago, is nice, never played oly, i dont hang with the right people i guess, pebble is getting over-priced, did play there many times

Pebble to me was one of those places I just had to play when I was young, but after playing it twice, I don't really feel the need to ever play it again. I prefer to walk it and watch the pro-am vs play it.

Yea, I'm very fortunate that I can play fancy courses like Oly. There are actually a ton of other really nice private courses around me like Cal Club, San Francisco CLub, GreenHills, Menlo, Lake Merced, etc that no one has really heard of, but are amazing and VERY underused by the members. One of the perks of being raised around rich people, I guess.

munson15

I want winners...

How about Harding Park, Joey? That's public and has a great reputation back here since they refurbished it for the President's Cup. Funny you mentioned the par 3 at Olympic. We played it before going on to the Lake Course, which hosted several U.S. Opens. Had a very good time, it was sunny and warm. I happened to have a very good day on Olympic and shot 84 if memory serves. The views and inspiration for me were at Pebble, though. I played it twice and would go there every year I go to Oakland if it wasn't so expensive.

J

joeybagadonuts

How about Harding Park, Joey? That's public and has a great reputation back here since they refurbished it for the President's Cup. Funny you mentioned the par 3 at Olympic. We played it before going on to the Lake Course, which hosted several U.S. Opens. Had a very good time, it was sunny and warm. I happened to have a very good day on Olympic and shot 84 if memory serves. The views and inspiration for me were at Pebble, though. I played it twice and would go there every year I go to Oakland if it wasn't so expensive.

Harding is amazing. I used to play it often when I was young bc it was cheap and easy to get on, as is Fleming which is like a little mini course in the middle of harding. It was a much different course before they re-did it maybe 7 or 8 years ago.

Now, its kinda expensive if you aren't an SF resident. I believe it costs 2-3x as much for a non-resident to play. Its a beautiful course and is is very well maintained, or it was last I played it about 4 years ago. I will try to get out there in the next few weeks and see if I can give you a review. Just thinking about it brings back a lot of great memories, in fact, it was the first course I ever broke 80 on.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Golf's a tough game to pick up without instruction.

My middle-class background worked against me there.

I'm in steak's class when it comes to ability level.

I sometimes have a tough time getting the ball airborne.

J

joeybagadonuts

210??? :lolxmas

I had a friend who played on my high school team who we still call "109" bc he shot a 109 during a state championship qualifier during our senior year to shit the bed for our very decent team. We'd have had maybe a 1% to even finish in the top 5 in the state, but still it would have been nice to play Cypress, Pebble, and Spyglass for free.

J

joeybagadonuts

I did play the Stanford course back in the 90's, that was a one-of opp.

I was lucky enough to have that as my 'home course' during my junior college playing days. I probably would have met or been able to play with Tiger had I been there one year earlier. My coach at the time played with him a few times. I did get to play in Notah Begays group during my freshman year which was kinda cool.

I got taken for some $ last time I played there by some two-bit fuck hustler last time I was out there. :doh1

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

The Legend Of 210.

I know you won't believe this, but my drives are actually going around 225-230 now...with an occassional 210 in the mix...

Maybe one shot on all the par 4's and 5's are just about the right spot to give you nowadays..especially if you still putt like you do...tell your boys I will be in CR in March for some good matches...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Well Munson....got to 53 in a row until an errant shot on the 185 yard par 3 found the water...chipped to within 10 feet and missed the putt....also took a double on number 18 to finish with an 83...

My caddy was happy (she told me at the end of the round)...she said I was getting too serious about my game...we both then had a good laugh over lunch...

railbird

EOG Master

Golf's a tough game to pick up without instruction.

My middle-class background worked against me there.

I'm in steak's class when it comes to ability level.

I sometimes have a tough time getting the ball airborne.

not that hard a game, half the qbs in the nfl can break 80. tennis is more difficult.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

VD i'm not sure the streak is legit if you're playing from the senior tees? but kudos nonetheless.

munson15

I want winners...

Well Munson....got to 53 in a row until an errant shot on the 185 yard par 3 found the water...chipped to within 10 feet and missed the putt....also took a double on number 18 to finish with an 83...

My caddy was happy (she told me at the end of the round)...she said I was getting too serious about my game...we both then had a good laugh over lunch...
Female caddy, eh? I like the sounds of that, Dino. Congrats on the tremendous run, those par 3's can really bite you in the ass, especially if there are bodies of water nearby.:lolxmas

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

VD i'm not sure the streak is legit if you're playing from the senior tees? but kudos nonetheless.

I play on the average 4 days a week and play mostly from the white and blue tees that average 6200-6800 yards...my streak was played from the white tees that were 3224-2994...senior tees here are gold and yellow...the tips are 3683-3635 and only played them a few times when I get froggy...I have a choice of around 30 golf courses to play here that are within a 40 minute drive...and we play year around, only been rained out maybe 4 or 5 times in 4 years...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Female caddy, eh? I like the sounds of that, Dino. Congrats on the tremendous run, those par 3's can really bite you in the ass, especially if there are bodies of water nearby.:lolxmas

Female caddies make it fun...they learn a whole new language of expletives and it is funny as hell listening to them pronounce those words...

munson15

I want winners...

Female caddies make it fun...they learn a whole new language of expletives and it is funny as hell listening to them pronounce those words...
Wish you could bring one of them over here to carry our bags.:lolxmasMerry Christmas, Dino.:cheers

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Same to you Munson...

I just gave my XMAS present to my number 1 caddy here...two pair of jeans, an outfit, and 3 blouses...total cost was 1700 Baht which is around 60 bucks...she reads greens better than any of my golfing partners...

One of my New Years resolutions is going to learn how to copy and paste...will try to send more pics from Thailand; especially golf related....

J

joeybagadonuts

Just got a phone call from a friend inviting me to play Harding tomorrow morning.

I will post a recap of the course and my round tomorrow afternoon.

:cheers

lap18

EOG Dedicated

People at work are playing tomorrow....In January, in Central Illinois. Unheard of but the weather is great, 57 today with no wind. We love those days here in January!

munson15

I want winners...

Great to hear, Lap.:cheersWaiting to hear from Dino and Joey.:btj: