Munson....golf update

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Re: Munson....golf update

On another streak of 22 holes without a double bogey...shot an 80 today with no DB's....sunshine and in the 80's today...we started at 6:45 and we were finished at 10:15...my 80 got me free green fees and a couple extra bucks in my pocket...the guy who I mostly gamble with is a 16 handicap and I have to give him 6 shots, but I select the holes...

cheapseats

EOG Master

On another streak of 22 holes without a double bogey...shot an 80 today with no DB's....sunshine and in the 80's today...we started at 6:45 and we were finished at 10:15...my 80 got me free green fees and a couple extra bucks in my pocket...the guy who I mostly gamble with is a 16 handicap and I have to give him 6 shots, but I select the holes...

he is a sucker, but i am not telling you something you do not already know...:cheers

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I am down from an 11 index to a 9.5.....just have to know what higher handicappers to avoid..:lol

Fishhead and Munson are licking their chops....

munson15

I want winners...

Only strokes you are getting are for home course advantage, unless you bring one of those caddies you've been talking about!:LMAO

OLDSANDBAGGER

EOG Senior Member

Hey VD, which favorite caddy? Burapra or Treasure Hills course? And give poor Els a break!

Hope to be there in a few months and we will see what holes you give me off my 20. Take care

and shoot em straight.

J

joeybagadonuts

Was disappointed in Harding Park. Its the same course it always was. I thought for some reason they made some changes when it became a TPC course, but I guess not. For $190 or whatever it normally costs its a total rip off. I mean its a very San Francisco setting and all but the course itself is nothing special, imo.

I played well to start the round but 3 putted for bogey on 7,8,9 to shoot a 4 over 40 on the front.

The back wasn't so pretty. Shot a 10 over 46 with 2 doubles and a triple. It was painful.

86 isn't horrible or anything given how little I play these days, but I actually hit the ball really well and made a bunch of putts, but I just couldn't put it together. It was a nice day out there though so I guess all is not lost. I also won free lunch from the random asians my friend and I played with when I hit a long putt they said I would never make.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Hey VD, which favorite caddy? Burapra or Treasure Hills course? And give poor Els a break!

Hope to be there in a few months and we will see what holes you give me off my 20. Take care

and shoot em straight.

Burapha...012

You can play Suggs straight up...

munson15

I want winners...

Maybe I'll do that, Dino. Still planning on going out there the first weekend of March Madness.:cheers

J

joeybagadonuts

Playing the TPC Stonebrae tomorrow.

Anyone played it? Looks like a nice course but REALLY long.

J

joeybagadonuts

Thanks Munson

It's over across the San Mateo bridge in Hayward.

Didn't realize till I checked out the website that its a private course....

http://www.tpcstonebrae.com/

munson15

I want winners...

That's just south of Oakland, right Joey? Beautiful weather they have out there most of the year, I know that.:cheers

lap18

EOG Dedicated

Bought a couple new clubs this week, first time in years I have made a change from Taylor Made. I got me a Cobra 3 hybrid and I bought a Odyessy white ice belly putter. Love them both. I took the 3 and 4 ping eyes 2 irons out of the bag, going with hybrids this year. I was hitting the Cobra 210, which is good for me.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

I just finished playing Callaway, only second time on a course at all since the move to LV. I'm defiantly getting back into going more frequent, I'm gonna pick up some new sticks this week. Anyone recommend any decent sites to grab them from?

munson15

I want winners...

TGW.com and Golfsmith are pretty good, always have sales and a very good selection at both websites, Tucker.:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Those hybrids are tremendous, Artie. Very easy to hit out of the rough, and versatile and long enough to use off the tee on short holes. I carry one in place of my 3-iron.