NHL Play

kane

EOG master
Several good points about this ‘playoffs rental’ Tarasenko.
He’s won a cup and he’s 32. Should be equipped with some leadership skills.
Decent offensively. Used to be a really effective sniper.
Stays out of the box. Has gotten some Byng votes 3 times.

Two things I especially like.
First, he’s a barrel shaped 228 lbs. I can recall in last years final, the Panthers were noticeably out-sized by Vegas D.
Secondly, Sens retain half of his $5 million salary.

Good pick up by FLA.
All the Panthers gave up was a third and fourth round pick, and like you mentioned the Sens pay half his salary, Tarasenko had a no trade clause, he was willing to waive it but only if he got traded to Florida, so that gave the Panthers the whip hand, it allowed them to make a low ball offer, this team has no weakness, none, doesn't guarantee they win the Cup, far from it, but they have as good a chance as anyone

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Just reviewing some coaching changes this year.

Lane Lambert, Craig Berube, Lindy Ruff, Dean Evason.
And a few more in recent past
Bruce Boudreau,Gerard Galante,Darryl Sutter,Ralph Krueger.

Most of these men were relatively older guys.

Last year, looking at Lindy Ruff, I just couldn’t see him as a good fit with such a young team in New Jersey.
Is there a new generation gap problem in NHL coaching?

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Reporting from detroithockeynow.com
——-
“Red Wings Enter Into State of Denial.

Overall, though, it’s not about the subtext at this juncture of the season. It’s about the outcome.

The Red Wings are now 0-2-2 on this five-game road trip that concludes Monday at Tampa Bay.
They’ve dropped nine in a row away from home (0-7-2).
Detroit finished the month of March with a 3-9-2 slate.

That’s not a playoff drive. It’s driving off a cliff.”

——-
Sad for Wings fans.
Several harsh comments also to the article.

...Another piece of sad news I’ve learned was that Detroit traded away in 2021,
Dallas winger Wyatt Johnston (29G 30A 59 PTS) in just his 2nd year, for a goalie prospect
Sebastian Cossa, currently playing in Grand Rapids, and previously Toledo.

Meanwhile, Wyatt earned a place on the NHL “All Rookie Team” last year.
Johnston’s play this year puts him on a trajectory to becoming an all star.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Having a hard time reconnecting fully with pucks since I'm real busy with work stuff but I'm going to play this one tonight thinking they can hang with the Oilers and no Connor

60 Min Reg Line Arizona +1 +121 - 0.5 unit
60 Min Reg Line Arizona MLine +255 - 0.5 unit

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
1st post of the year in this thread was probably the best bet of the year! Let's see if fading the Oilers back to back works, taking:

Canucks +0.5 -150 - 60 Minute Regulation Line - 2 units - betemnow

Last edited:

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Reporting from detroithockeynow.com
——-
“Red Wings Enter Into State of Denial.

Overall, though, it’s not about the subtext at this juncture of the season. It’s about the outcome.

The Red Wings are now 0-2-2 on this five-game road trip that concludes Monday at Tampa Bay.
They’ve dropped nine in a row away from home (0-7-2).
Detroit finished the month of March with a 3-9-2 slate.

That’s not a playoff drive. It’s driving off a cliff.”

——-
Sad for Wings fans.
Several harsh comments also to the article.

...Another piece of sad news I’ve learned was that Detroit traded away in 2021,
Dallas winger Wyatt Johnston (29G 30A 59 PTS) in just his 2nd year, for a goalie prospect
Sebastian Cossa, currently playing in Grand Rapids, and previously Toledo.

Meanwhile, Wyatt earned a place on the NHL “All Rookie Team” last year.
Johnston’s play this year puts him on a trajectory to becoming an all star.
Wild Wings-Leafs game tonight, that's a tough trade as Wyatt Johnson is developing and playing real well at a young age for the Stars.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Tonight’s play is Alex DeBrincat (Shots On Goal over 2.5 -171 pinnacle)
Red Wings should be motivated and DeBrincat should be making an effort for playoffs.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Detroit very motivated Neveragain, nice hit .... Kane out for Oilers so Henrique playing on top line with McDavid back in the lineup, ended up taking Henrique Over 0.5 assist +210 and Over 0.5 Goals +273 both a pinny. Anytime point Over 0.5 +100 Even, playoffs almost here!!

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
All the Panthers gave up was a third and fourth round pick, and like you mentioned the Sens pay half his salary, Tarasenko had a no trade clause, he was willing to waive it but only if he got traded to Florida, so that gave the Panthers the whip hand, it allowed them to make a low ball offer, this team has no weakness, none, doesn't guarantee they win the Cup, far from it, but they have as good a chance as anyone
Looking forward to how the Panthers play in the playoffs as they feel like they have unfinished business from last year. They had a bunch of injuries and were getting outplayed by VGK as the games continued in the Final.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Detroit very motivated Neveragain, nice hit .... Kane out for Oilers so Henrique playing on top line with McDavid back in the lineup, ended up taking Henrique Over 0.5 assist +210 and Over 0.5 Goals +273 both a pinny. Anytime point Over 0.5 +100 Even, playoffs almost here!!
Thanks.
And congrats to your Henrique angle. Looked like a clean sweep for you.

I’ve had mixed results with player props and team props.
As both our models reflect, tonight we managed to find some good situational correlations to achieve success.
My biggest props lessons this season has been to bet smaller on props.
There are good situational correlations almost every night so persistence pays. Bankroll management.

In an unrelated story, I was looking at Devin Cooley after I suffered a loss in his last game.
I had the over 5.5 while he made 49 saves allowing 1 goal.
Despite my personal loss, I thought it was a great game for Devin who’s 26 now and has been bouncing around all over the place.
So I’m thinking maybe Devin will find a place in San Jose with a stable job.
He’s actually born and raised in a suburb of San Jose which is a great opportunity.
So tonight he gives up 8 goals, gets pulled early and his career is now back on thin ice.
Terrible way to end the year.
The life of a professional goalie. (See Jack Campbell)