Northwestern Football/Pat Fitzgerald

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This is not a firing offense.

The internal NU investigation into Foster’s conduct found that he “engaged in bullying and abusive behavior, according to HR documents obtained by the Tribune. 670 The Score also reported Foster was found to have made an inappropriate comment to a woman on staff.

NU’s investigation found that Foster said a female manager could not be on the field because he didn’t “want guys staring at her ass,” according to 670.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This is a firing offense.

The coach has been at NU for one year, and fifteen players are currently in the transfer portal to leave the baseball team. Some experts are predicting the team will not fill next year’s roster

Valuist

EOG Master
Apparently the baseball coach wanted players to "hide" their injuries from the training staff. I'm trying to figure out what good that would do. I doubt there's that many major impact players on the NW baseball squad. They likely were interchangeable commodities. So why have players play hurt and be compromised when there likely was no falloff to their replacement?

boston massacre

EOG Master
Apparently the baseball coach wanted players to "hide" their injuries from the training staff. I'm trying to figure out what good that would do. I doubt there's that many major impact players on the NW baseball squad. They likely were interchangeable commodities. So why have players play hurt and be compromised when there likely was no falloff to their replacement?

The MLB Draft checks in at 20 rounds.

there were 614 players selected in 2023.

How Many Were From NW ?

blueline

EOG Master
From DailyNorthwesterm:

One has filed a lawsuit

12 other former NU student athletes have retained attorneys Ben Crump and Steven Levin to represent them. Those players have not filed a lawsuit to date, but a source familiar with the situation said that will be determined in the coming weeks.

For an institution to be found legally liable in a lawsuit like the one filed Tuesday, civil rights attorney Antonio Romanucci said that the hazing must be proven to be “pervasive.”

Heim

EOG Master
From DailyNorthwesterm:

One has filed a lawsuit

12 other former NU student athletes have retained attorneys Ben Crump and Steven Levin to represent them. Those players have not filed a lawsuit to date, but a source familiar with the situation said that will be determined in the coming weeks.

For an institution to be found legally liable in a lawsuit like the one filed Tuesday, civil rights attorney Antonio Romanucci said that the hazing must be proven to be “pervasive.”

Thanks for the update.....I hate when Crump gets involved he pushes the race card huge, it becomes a circus.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Nortwestern is going back to being Nortwesterm. For some reason, they have been targeted. Is there ever a reason? Doug Collins Jr should cut bait while the bait is fresh.

Heim

EOG Master
The only school of 'higher academic' standards that bends the rules is Duke basketball. They've never been touched by the NCAA.

Funny, I don't see the same success with their football program.

Heim

EOG Master
These are great cases, I'm sure the school is already setting up reserves to handle the onslaught. 50 more players have been contacted
by lawyers. Half the battle is getting a party to admit it happened. That hurdle has been cleared.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
It is not impossible Nortwestern eliminates the entire sports program. If that will save them money with these lawsuits which will be massive in # and size, it's on the table.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Going after Minnesoda now. This had to stop or programs are going to start dropping. Maybe that is the goal. They can't even let us have sports.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Make no mistakes. Under these conditions and rules, no school is safe, no coach is safe, no program is safe.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Fleck is a pure psychopath, he forces his team to stand and applaud him when he enters the room and will even walk out and reenter if they dont do it enthusiastically enough.

He's not a very good coach either.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Fitzy was the only thing keeping Northwestern from being Northwestern. They probably go winless in the B10 and maybe winless altogether.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
He didn't handle it correctly. He accepted the initial punishment. That made him vulnerable. Should have fought it from the start. Demand proof these allegations are legit. If proven, then yes he's out. Nothing has been proven. Demand a grand jury. If he is telling the Truth Social, say he is willing to testify. Challenge everybody else to testify.

kane

EOG master
Fitzy was the only thing keeping Northwestern from being Northwestern. They probably go winless in the B10 and maybe winless altogether.
NW was going to be bad regardless of who the coach is, let's not pretend NW was playoff bound with Fitz and now they're trash, their RSW total was 3-3.5, if you take out the shortened Covid season, they've gone 7-29 the last three full seasons

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Yes. They would have been bads. But now the floor has collapsed. I'd like to have Fitzy at Sparty instead of coach mobile. I don't think this fake scandal will Jalen Hurts his career. He'll get another gig.