Sam Darnold is out

kane

EOG master
Darnold will miss the Monday night game with mono, I was on the screen when it came across, I was able to quickly log into an account and lay the 2.5 with Cleveland, interested to see where the line goes, Trevor Siemian is the backup, he's a capable QB so I don't expect a big move in the line

I locked in Cleve minus 2 1/2 the other day. Line move does seem like an overreaction.
And had to come back and take the Jets +6 1/2. I think you have to take a 4 point middle opportunity on an NFL side. Is Darnold really worth 4 more points to the line than Semien? Maybe 2 years from now he will be, but right now? No way. Semien already has a full season as a starter with Denver. But its not just the 4 point move here; its the numbers the spread has moved thru. If the line was Cleve minus 15 and it went to minus 19, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But moving thru not only 3, but 4 and 6? Simple basic strategy play.

And had to come back and take the Jets +6 1/2. I think you have to take a 4 point middle opportunity on an NFL side. Is Darnold really worth 4 more points to the line than Semien? Maybe 2 years from now he will be, but right now? No way. Semien already has a full season as a starter with Denver. But its not just the 4 point move here; its the numbers the spread has moved thru. If the line was Cleve minus 15 and it went to minus 19, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But moving thru not only 3, but 4 and 6? Simple basic strategy play.
I'm in the same spot, I was able to get down on Cle -2.5 just as the news was breaking, not sure what I'll do, but more than likely I'll take the Jets and go for a juicy middle like you did, one of my outs is using Jets +7 -20, If I trusted the Browns I might sit with it, but I don't, and very often in sports when a team suffers a major injury the team wins or covers the next game