Sweden more successful than NYC

railbird

EOG Master
Mitigation is a matter of degree. One the one hand you have our draconian measures, quarantining the healthy which has devastated our economy to questionable benefit, on the other hand you have Sweden, which does almost nothing. Perhaps we need more than Sweden and less than us?

Bill Mitchell
@mitchellvii

·
16m

Sweden has seen an increase in deaths, but in a nation with the same population as NYC, less in total than NYC in a day. Part of Sweden's spike is a nursing home outbreak. If that is the case, it was Sweden's quarantining that failed, not their failure to lock down the healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newsweek March 6

SOME SWEDISH HOSPITALS HAVE STOPPED USING CHLOROQUINE TO TREAT COVID-19 AFTER REPORTS OF SEVERE SIDE EFFECTS

mr merlin

EOG Master
They could, but there's so few people there, nobody would notice.

Regarding that month old headline on chloroquine, I think it took them time to figure out it needed to be used in conjunction with Zithromax and zinc.
It should really be taken early in the onset, by the time they get to the ICU it's prob too late, Hydroxychloroquine(along with z pack and zinc) apparently block the virus from entering the cells, by the time they're massively invaded it's tough to turn that around.

The best use would be to give it to those high rick individuals right away, since they're more likely to be hospitalized eventually. Younger, healthier people prob dont need it anyway.

railbird

EOG Master
They could, but there's so few people there, nobody would notice.

Regarding that month old headline on chloroquine, I think it took them time to figure out it needed to be used in conjunction with Zithromax and zinc.
Austailia new that 2 months ago. Fauci wasnt in a hurry, he wanted death count up, He is a jesuit order guy.

kane

EOG master
Hey John, since I know you're a stickler for correct spelling, when you get a chance you might want to fix the spelling of Sweeden from your illiterate friend

Newsweek March 6

SOME SWEDISH HOSPITALS HAVE STOPPED USING CHLOROQUINE TO TREAT COVID-19 AFTER REPORTS OF SEVERE SIDE EFFECTS

CDC says use it for malaria
Both adults and children should take one dose of chloroquineper week starting at least 1 week before traveling to the area where malaria transmission occurs. They should take one dose per week while there, and for 4 consecutive weeks after leaving. The weekly dosage for adults is 300mg base (500mg salt).
https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/resources/pdf/fsp/drugs/Chloroquine.pdf

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
It would have been a good test to have certain states or certain counties next to each other with similar cultural and ethnic characteristics have one with mandatory social distancing and crowd limits and the other completely voluntary. I suspect the numbers would not be much different. Sweden was not much different from neighboring countries.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
The biggest challenge in all of this is how long the country shuts down when the line is flat.

Problem now Global Warming activists now waking up to planet benefits from shutdown and will have Dems supporting a long as possible shutdown.

Reports now California drought over because of Virus. That report has opened a new can of worms.

kane

EOG master
The biggest challenge in all of this is how long the country shuts down when the line is flat.

Problem now Global Warming activists now waking up to planet benefits from shutdown and will have Dems supporting a long as possible shutdown.

Reports now California drought over because of Virus. That report has opened a new can of worms.

A small silver lining in this whole mess

lap18

EOG Dedicated
Carrot juice...saw it in another thread with a guy walking in the grocery store....he swears by it but he sounds awful so I'm not so sure

Biff41

EOG Dedicated

California's heavy rain season already started before virus hit.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Vitamin A!

Rarely discussed. I heard about it on Illinois Today last week
Friend of mine is supervisor in public health office. They are constantly sending and receiving public info bulletins about foods and vitamins that improve disease resistance. People may tend to ignore these until they face a health crises.