Taking shots in NHL futures

Seeing some juicy value on the dogs here to win their conferences. Playing in neutral sites with no crowds will make it so random I'd take a shot at one of the lesser teams, don't see how you can back chalk even if they get a bye. I took the Jets at +2500 on Fan Duel and the Hurricanes at +2000 on Rivers. Crazy good value for teams that have recent experience making long runs in the playoffs. Who else do you guys like?

From Five Dimes:
NHL Eastern Conference
Wed 7/29 7:00PM
playoff format must be completed with all listed teams resuming play during...*

Tampa Bay Lightning +330
Boston Bruins +360
Washington Capitals +575
Pittsburgh Penguins +600
Philadelphia Flyers +620
Toronto Maple Leafs +1000
New York Rangers +1500
Carolina Hurricanes +1800
New York Islanders +2500
Columbus Blue Jackets +2800
Florida Panthers +3300
Montreal Canadiens +3500

NHL Western Conference
Wed 7/29 7:00PM
playoff format must be completed with all listed teams resuming play during...*

Vegas Golden Knights +315
Colorado Avalanche +340
St. Louis Blues +425
Dallas Stars +660
Edmonton Oilers +1200
Arizona Coyotes +1500
Nashville Predators +1500
Minnesota Wild +2000
Calgary Flames +2200
Vancouver Canucks +2200
Winnipeg Jets +2200
Chicago Blackhawks +2500

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
Yesterday, I took a shot on Rangers and Toronto. Odds were much higher than here. No reason to play chalk in what should be a crapshoot.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I got Vegas +550 to win the West - before the season began. Seeing what the playoffs will look like Vegas' road to the Finals just got a LOT tougher.

Under the usual format they would have faced the Blues OR Avs to make the WCF and would have faced them after the 2 played against each other (if seeding held up)

Now Vegas had to beat the Blues AND Avs to make the Finals and would have to face the Blues after playing what sure looks like a series of at least 6 games against the Avs including at least 3 games at altitude and maybe 4

kane

EOG master
I don't follow hockey, but I've got these futures to win the Cup

Dallas +1400
Vegas +800
Colorado +900
Boston +900

I got Vegas +550 to win the West - before the season began. Seeing what the playoffs will look like Vegas' road to the Finals just got a LOT tougher.

Under the usual format they would have faced the Blues OR Avs to make the WCF and would have faced them after the 2 played against each other (if seeding held up)

Now Vegas had to beat the Blues AND Avs to make the Finals and would have to face the Blues after playing what sure looks like a series of at least 6 games against the Avs including at least 3 games at altitude and maybe 4

Altitude? These are based on playing on neutral ice with no fans. Seems likely they might not even let a team play at their home in earlier rounds despite the lack of fans, with it likely the western teams get shipped east and the eastern teams get sent out west.

That's why I think it's crazy to back chalk now. Obviously nothing you can do about bets placed on past expectations.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Altitude? These are based on playing on neutral ice with no fans. Seems likely they might not even let a team play at their home in earlier rounds despite the lack of fans, with it likely the western teams get shipped east and the eastern teams get sent out west.

That's why I think it's crazy to back chalk now. Obviously nothing you can do about bets placed on past expectations.

DUH!

Had a brain fart. Of course neutral ice. DUH!