The EOG Octagon (RAILBIRD v THE FACTSMAN)

railbird

EOG Master
UPDATED RULES:

The EOG Octagon is a head-to-head handicapping showdown featuring a winner-take-all purse of 2,500 bananas.

Each contestant provides 1,000 bananas to the prize pot with EOG supplying the added money.

The format is simple: Thirty plays over a 30-day period featuring NFL, NCAAF, NBA and NCAAB plays.

All plays at -110 or less.

Contestants may select full-game sides or totals, first-half sides or totals and halftime sides or totals.

Contestants are allowed only one wager per event.

Contestants will post selections using pointspreads from the following establishments: CRIS, Pinnacle, BetDSI, Westgate and William Hill.

Once a contestant posts a selection, neither the contestant nor the opponent can submit a play in the same game.

To make an official selection, each contestant must submit the following four pieces of information in the post: Betting number, team name, price/pointspread and available sports book.

The handicapper with the higher winning percentage will be declared the winner.

Tiebreaker: Better record over the last 5 plays, last 10 plays, last 15 plays and so on.

At month's end, the winner stays on the court for the following month and the loser goes home, except for our initial showdown which will feature a Best-of-3 format.

I'll try to recruit EJD_5277, HEIM, KANE, NUT6, PINNACLE420, SVBETTOR, TOBY TYLER, VIEJO DINOSAUR, YISMAN, ZZYZX ROAD and others for this space in 2019.
thought we said halftimes too tricky. A, hard to veryify. B. the observers don't have time to follow

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
UPDATED RULES:

The EOG Octagon is a head-to-head handicapping showdown featuring a winner-take-all purse of 2,500 bananas

I'll try to recruit EJD_5277, HEIM, KANE, NUT6, PINNACLE420, SVBETTOR, TOBY TYLER, VIEJO DINOSAUR, YISMAN, ZZYZX ROAD and others for this space in 2019.

I'll do it in April

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Easy to verify halftime numbers.

One problem with halftime numbers is the "quick flash" of a number that may not be widely available.

But I'll live with that issue.

I believe halftime numbers are a legitimate bet for a contest of this sort.

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted
john.................u said next contest the FACTSMAN RULE APPLIES............you cant change a rule half way through the contest
because the guy who's winning and probably will win is crying

i will play the games i like that gives me the best chance to win based on the rules you set
before the contest.

so if i like a 1st half and game and total why is so bad to like a team over

team a 1st half
over in the 1st half of team a and team b

entire game team a
entire game team a and b over

nothing wrong or correlated with those 4 plays
so if one day i do that .................grade all 4 losers if you want

tonight 2 plays at bookmaker.................

01/08/2019 @ 08:00 PMCBB[634] Illinois State -6.5 -11001/08/2019 @ 07:00 PMCBBAdded Game
[653] Brown -1.5 -110

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If RAILBIRD gamed the system to risk seven units in one game after opening the competition 1-5,, how would you feel about the situation, VD?

I consulted with ComptrBob and he suggested the course of action I took last night.

FACTSMAN's plays had action last night and one play per event is allowed moving forward.

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted
john

i played by the rules that................you stated
do u think anyone here has the options to bet cal baptist or some other off the wall team with $100 limits

i'm not saying i'll put 7 plays in the same game at risk at one time every day
i might use 2 or 3 maybe not at all

i chose to do this contest because that rule wasn't stipulated

now i am forced to wager the way.............you want me to
totally unfair

change it next time....................or i'll pay the money like a man
and forfeit the contest.......................based on a RULE CHANGE MIDWAY THROUGH THE CONTEST

BECAUSE YOUR TELLING ME..................I CANT USE THE SAME GAMES AT -110 THAT I BET MYSELF
BUT HAVE TO USE GAMES APPROVED BY YOU.

SO IF YOU WANT RAILBIRD TO WIN ON A FORFEIT
TELL ME WHEN TO SEND THE PAYPAL.

this was your mistake as you admitted not making it a rule
now i have to pay for it..........................VERY BAD MOVE

my suggestion to avoid controversy let this finish out
rail will most likely win anyway

but you cant change the rules in the middle

because every contest moving forward
your going to have a beef

LET ME KNOW

MrTop

EOG Master
I remember stickum glue was used by the raiders & other teams back in the 70's to get a better grip on the ball. … The NFL changed the rule to not allow it after the season

1546964085562.png

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Facts does have a point. He put up his money based on rules. However the rules state, halftime,first halfs,and halftimes are to be allowed, nothing else. He played some quarter lines which should have been voided. Playing the first half with the game shouldn't have been allowed because of correlation but was in the rules. He got greedy by throwing in quarter lines which made it obvious that he was using his skill in contests to exploit the rules. While you are technically correct, the contest should be like a home game, you shouldn't be cut throat about winning at all costs especially when those correlated plays shouldn't be allowed. Remember Kelly is adding $500

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
You chose to enter the contest because of a loophole in the rule?

Your own words.

You put me in a tough spot after you opened the competition 1-5.

We had no problems in November or December when Birdie faced Raininthrees.

In your position now, you should want to make 10-15 connected bets on the AFC or NFC Championship Game.

In fact, you mistimed your sneaky tactic by showing your hand only one week into the event.

Now you say you're limiting your tactic to 2-3 wagers per event, virtually admitting to an unfair advantage.

Not a big deal in my book, Joe, when you introduce forfeiture or call the event a "silly contest."

I thought you were a gentleman gambler.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
If RAILBIRD gamed the system to risk seven units in one game after opening the competition 1-5,, how would you feel about the situation, VD?

I consulted with ComptrBob and he suggested the course of action I took last night.

FACTSMAN's plays had action last night and one play per event is allowed moving forward.

At 1-5 I wouldn’t care.....Rail is always looking to steal something....he has done it numerous times with the lines at 3 AM in the morning....would have questioned the quarter lines only....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Anytime Rail is involved, rules have to be scrutinized......show me any matchup that did not involve Rail and I will show you a format that had no problems.....

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
Anytime Rail is involved, rules have to be scrutinized......show me any matchup that did not involve Rail and I will show you a format that had no problems.....

You're the most inportant person here, so we should definitely pay attention to what you think.

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted
john..................again its fair to change the rule once the contest is over................not in the middle

honor the rules you started
or i'll paypal you a dime....................being your the one handcuffing my selections..............which were in the rules

there is no difference than a horse racing contest where u say limit on horses are 4-1 max to avoid
a losing player to bet long shots if he is down

but if there is no rule stating i cant bet the 4-1 horse
and key him in exacta's and doubles and trifecta's then the selections should be good UNLESS STATED

anyone that knows me knows i bet sports like i did last night
many times. and there was no rule saying i couldn't

so if you dont want to hor your own pre contest rules
send me your paypal address..................i'll send you the dime

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
FWIW I truly see both sides of the coin and admire and give two thumbs up to Factsman for aggressively concocting an excellent and by the rules legal strategy
but
in most any and all (gambling) contests or promotions there is a an age old caveat-
"management reserves all rights"
It seems to me like this is the case here.
Another thought: For different reasons
much respect from here for participants Railbird and Factsman and for moderator John Kelly.

Last edited:

shotcall0

EOG Senior Member
In any dispute
All u have to do is refer to the original rules
railbird should be able to post anytime

Shouldn’t have allowed facts to play qtr lines
But Facts should be able to “select full-game sides or totals, first-half sides or totals and halftime sides or totals”

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Just off the phone with FACTS.

Reaching out to Railbird now.

I think we have a compromise brewing.

We will not have an issue after February 1.

Lesson learned: Write an airtight set of rules for all contests.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
FWIW I truly see both sides of the coin and admire and give two thumbs up to Factsman for aggressively concocting an excellent and by the rules legal strategy
but
in most any and all (gambling) contests or promotions there is a an age old caveat-
"management reserves all rights"
It seems to me like this is the case here.
Another thought: For different reasons
much respect from here for participants Railbird and Factsman and for moderator John Kelly.

Bomzee always seems to hit the winning point.

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted
abundy..............how the fuck can i be cheating going 3-4

1 did i past post
2 did i lie about lines

i used the contest plays the way i bet games

i have not bet a nba game in 30 years
i dont bet the nhl

i basically only play tennis and baseball

now with the current rules i cant bet on or against anything railbird bets..................fair rule
but he has 2 of the 4 nfl games this weekend...................i cant play those games
if he picks 2 more......................i'm shut out betting the nfl

so my only option is college hoops which i usually bet max one or 2 games a day.

for the record me and rail went back and forth on a 7 game contest that i wanted
it gives me a chance to be selective

or this 30 game format.............which i said ok fuck it i'll do it

but i should at least be able to use the contest plays..............the same way i wager my money on
considering there was no rule saying i couldn't

so how is that cheating

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
In any dispute
All u have to do is refer to the original rules
railbird should be able to post anytime

Shouldn’t have allowed facts to play qtr lines
But Facts should be able to “select full-game sides or totals, first-half sides or totals and halftime sides or totals”

We had no written rule against quarter lines in the original set of rules.

Now we do.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Working on a compromise that only needs to meet the approval of two people.

Sound familiar?

The tough question becomes: Which contestant is Nancy Pelosi and which contestant is Donald J. Trump?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
You're the most inportant person here, so we should definitely pay attention to what you think.

Not that important but you should have some respect on what I have to say unless I am tearing down a persons family or being obnoxious....Happy New Year to you....

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted
whats next a sit down

mob hits get ok'd quicker then this....................lol

as i said john..................you can have the dime in 5 minutes

waiting for railbird to approve it ??????????????? who the fuck is he

fuck him and his nazi-broke dick ass

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted
not sure if rail is Pelosi

but i'd lay -200 he pisses sitting down
and -500 he's a cunt