Warriors vs Celtics….who wins the NBA title?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
No, if they lose has nothing to do with them gving up after game 4 with series tied lol

And therein lies a major problem for sports bettors: You can be right for the wrong reasons, HOWEVER you need to recognize it.

Last edited:

homie1975

EOG Addicted
And therein lies a major problem for sports bettors: You can be right for the wrong reasons HOWEVER you need to recognize it.

his statement is why 98% of sports bettors lose long term - they don't recognize that there is emotional/human aspect to the game and if a player or team feels *defeated* there is no turning back.

his use of "has nothing to do with" tells me he's either inexperienced or ignorant.

now i find myself rooting GS HARD. imagine that!

LOLOL

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

EOG Dedicated
his statement is why 98% of sports bettors lose long term - they don't recognize that there is emotional/human aspect to the game and if a player or team feels *defeated* there is no turning back.

his use of "has nothing to do with" tells me he's either inexperienced or ignorant.

now i find myself rooting GS HARD. imagine that!

LOLOL

I doubt that Toby Tyler is either inexperienced or ignorant.

On the other hand, when you judge whether a team "feels defeated" based on the fact that their heads are down and shoulders slumped over after a tough loss, you may actually be referring to yourself.

The Celtics have been nothing but gritty in the post-season, and having a couple of days to regroup will do them some good. Sometimes this type of a loss motivates you even more for the next game, as it has with every other game in this series.

boston massacre

EOG Master
It's Tatum time.

It better be for Boston backers.

You Think The Back Of Right Shoulder That He's Grabbed A Few Times In Series, Is Bothering Him ?

Originally Hurt In Miami Series.

If He Never Grabs At It, Does That Mean It Doesn't Bother Him ? Who The Fuck Knows ? Tatum Knows.

Or Is It, Fuck All Injuries.

Get Out There And Play.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
All the meaningful stats favor Boston. Boston is 7-0 after a loss. If they happen to lose the next game they would have lost two in a row. They have never lost 3 in a row in the finals in their history(been in 21 finals) and it would happen at home. If they play game 7at Golden St, they have already played two game sevens this year. They are 7-1 all time in game sevens in the finals. If you question Boston after a tough loss, I think their a lot more resiliant than the Minn Timberwolves. Minn blew a 26 pt lead vs Memphis outscored 37-12 in the fourth,yet won outright their next game.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Horford a very underrated 3 pt shooter. 36% career pct from deep.

problem is only averages 1.3 makes and 3.8 attempts these days.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
All the meaningful stats favor Boston. Boston is 7-0 after a loss. If they happen to lose the next game they would have lost two in a row. They have never lost 3 in a row in the finals in their history(been in 21 finals) and it would happen at home. If they play game 7at Golden St, they have already played two game sevens this year. They are 7-1 all time in game sevens in the finals. If you question Boston after a tough loss, I think their a lot more resiliant than the Minn Timberwolves. Minn blew a 26 pt lead vs Memphis outscored 37-12 in the fourth,yet won outright their next game.

i don't see why all time matters? bill russell and larry bird are not playing are they?

and G7 v the Bucks was at home and G7 vs Miami was a nice win.

but this will be in the Chase Center in SF vs multiple stars (as opposed to just The Freak or Jimmy Butler) and they will not get the calls.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Horford a very underrated 3 pt shooter. 36% career pct from deep.

problem is only averages 1.3 makes and 3.8 attempts these days.

Remember when Al Horford and Joakim Noah played together at the University of Florida.

Dick Vitale let it slip that Florida head coach Billy Donovan told him in a private conversation that Horford would be a much better NBA player than Noah.

Joakim Noah had a useful NBA career, but Horford was the more complete player.

It would be great if Horford could win a title to cap off his career.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Books waste no time giving a player point prop a little boost after a big game knowing public looking to bet over.

I think I saw some 31.5 for Curry 😳

choslamshe

EOG Master
Celtics lucky to be down only 10 after that 1st q. But that's one of the 'things' championship teams can't/don't do. The last two quarters offensively for the Cs have been as pathetic as they come.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
What an announcing team, Van Gundy and Jackson never shut up, as bad as Pam Ward in football.

Breen just said 8-point Warrior lead was the largest lead of the game. Forgets they were up by 16 in the 1st Q and 11 at half. Somebody passes him a note, so a minute later he corrects to biggest 4th Q lead. Just a bunch of clowns.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
You missed the point. Curry needs to replicate tonight's game for GSW to have any chance. The chances are slim he shoots tonight's percentages, especially late. The other 3 always have the ability to draw fouls and points late, Curry is a slave to beyond the arc.

The ultimate in stupid posts.

Curry shoots 0-9 from 3pt land, 16 pts, 8 assists, not exactly a replicate of Game 4. Wiggins 26 pts, Thompson 21. Warriors not only win but destroy the Celtics.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Warriors really turned up the defense tonight and the Celtics responded poorly. I haven't tossed my series ticket in the trash yet but this game was discouraging tonight.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Here's a winning prediction: This series will go at least six games and possibly seven.

I'll be here all week.

Or at least until Game 7 which is set for Sunday, June 19.
I can finally say for once that of all people, JK peaked at my analysis pre series like a railbird wagerer.

Silly Sally. Blood is thicker than water.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Poole's three-ball at the end of the third quarter was the shot of the game.

Curry 0-for-9 from beyond the arc, yet the Warriors still won by double-digits.

Heim

EOG Master
Poole's three-ball at the end of the third quarter was the shot of the game.

Curry 0-for-9 from beyond the arc, yet the Warriors still won by double-digits.

Dray said post game it was the turning point of the game. In his words, 'they dominated the whole 3rd yet we were still up'....

Heim

EOG Master
Boston +320 at some shops...

On or about +380 if you want to roll
over BOS MLs, assuming GM7.

Heim

EOG Master
20% of GSW points are off turnovers...

Ridiculous....

Lol....Smart is defensive player of the year. He's not even the best on his team, Robert Williams is.

Ray Donovan

EOG Enthusiast
Tatum's career trajectory, more than any player in the NBA Finals, will be decided over the next week.
Hez no Luca, they will be crying bac to Boston after this one, Steph 0 for 9, Drummond sketchy, no rookies , Clay okok, just Wiggins & Guts, amazing, Celtics over thought it I think smh

boston massacre

EOG Master
These Teams Are As Evenly Matched As Any 2 Teams In The League.

Each Home Team Has Been A 3.5 Favorite.

The Celtics Have Only Lost Back To Back Playoff Games This Year, 1 Time. And It Was Against Golden St.

Golden St. Has Only Lost 1 Playoff Game At Home This Year. And It Was Against Boston.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
What an announcing team, Van Gundy and Jackson never shut up, as bad as Pam Ward in football.

Breen just said 8-point Warrior lead was the largest lead of the game. Forgets they were up by 16 in the 1st Q and 11 at half. Somebody passes him a note, so a minute later he corrects to biggest 4th Q lead. Just a bunch of clowns.

Just off the phone with Pam Ward.

She passed along this message to ComptrBob: Leave my name out of your EOG contributions.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
You Think The Back Of Right Shoulder That He's Grabbed A Few Times In Series, Is Bothering Him ?

Originally Hurt In Miami Series.

If He Never Grabs At It, Does That Mean It Doesn't Bother Him ? Who The Fuck Knows ? Tatum Knows.

Or Is It, Fuck All Injuries.

Get Out There And Play.

I've noticed the Tatum "shoulder grab."

He only grabs the shoulder on turnovers, missed shots and blown defensive assignments.

Haha.

kane

EOG master
Boston lost because of turnovers, all postseason when they turn it over they lose, when they limit their turnovers they win, it's really as simple as that, G St had 13 more shots last night, give Boston those 13 extra shots and they win the game. The problem is that they don't have a true point guard, Smart plays the position but isn't really a PG, they don't have any great ball handlers, Tatum, Smart, and Brown combined for 13 turnovers, can't win in the playoffs when you have as many empty possessions as they have, and seemingly every time they have a live ball turnover it leads to points for the other team, you can't give the other team 13 more shot attempts and expect to win

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Brown was a nightmare last night. Even when he wasn't turning ball over he was dropping it, losing dribble, falling down, it was bizarre

kane

EOG master
Breen just said 8-point Warrior lead was the largest lead of the game. Forgets they were up by 16 in the 1st Q and 11 at half.
Breen is the best play by play guy in the NBA, no one is even close to him, he made a mistake, he isn't perfect