Who has the best EOG team?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

I'm having this argument with TH...not sure why...its kinda obvious.

I keep telling him that V-Mart is more valuable in our league than Fielder.

V-Mart 200 more points than the 8th Catcher last yr.
Fielder had 100 more points than the 8th best 1B.

V-Mart had 100 more than the 3rd best catcher.
Fielder had 30 more than the 3rd best 1B.

Mauer and V-Mart are more valuable than Fielder and Teixeira.

Agree or Disagree?

Timetopay

EOG Master

Team 11 - Timely/Joeys queer central

As painful as it is not to have them in last I just cant do it. yes their team is dreadful without many prospects of getting better.

Yes Orlando Hudson and Blake Dewitt are on the roster

Yes Alfono Soriano is going to be a big part of the team

Yes John Danks is their best pitcher and Joba is on their roster

but they have a few parts that may keep them from just being total garbage

Braun,Fielder, and if Morneau happens to be healthy will give them some good weeks. Thier starters are avg but they have 5 4th in the roation guys who can get ya on two steps.

they have horrible managing with one delusional partner

Last place should be easy for this crop of shit but last has been earned by another.

enjoy the season boys but the rips will be relentless by week 4

J

joeybagadonuts

I agree with that argument, MC.

Seems pretty obvious.

Catcher is a short position in terms of 'elite' players.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Only if you own V-Mart...playing 1B or DH and having catcher's eligibility is huge...he doesn't sit like most catchers and will have more points...

biggamer3

EOG Master

Tuck said there's no way to set it that way on CBS I believe. We'd have to have an honor system where you don't put anyone on there that doesn't have a health sign next to him.

BUTTTTTT I wanna keep Ozuna all year as my manager ::LMAO:: and there's no way I'm having him take up a roster spot.

not sure about that, since my other CBS league i still cant put Webb on DL spot since its not official but Lidge it allows me to put there since he is official. So there is a way to do it on CBS

J

joeybagadonuts

So TTP has Mo as the worst team. Interesting. I actually kinda like Mo's team.

I would do a side bet on Mo not to finish last/least points.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Team 12 - bottom of the basement -el sucko - yomamamamas

Where do i begin with this mess

I cant see many good players at all.

I see out of 37 guys Upton,Kershaw,Hanley, and then maybe butler and frankie

Other than that it could be the WW

Now out of the good players I know there is a lot of love for Upton but the guy scored 400 points last season. Kershaw same thing. Lots of potential but these guys arent "league" superstars yet.

As far as pitching Mo has 20 pitchers. I cant find a 5 I would start. few young guys that could be good,few olders guys who used to be good, but i wouldnt feel good about starting any of those 5.

So really it was neck and neck for bottom with Timely but here became the rub.

Playing with Mo now if he is 3-8 he will probably throw in the towel. Timely when he is 2-11 will still be fighting it out as best he can so it aint a complete fiasco.

So that is how i came up with the final slot.

Been fun and check in near the end to see how right i am!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

I agree with that argument, MC.

Seems pretty obvious.

Catcher is a short position in terms of 'elite' players.

Yes.

Obviously Fielder was huge last yr with 585 points...He also hit like 45 hr and 145 rbi to get all those points. I doubt he will duplicate. Would be monumental if he did.

But bottom line he still only had 75 more points than the 6th best 1B last year...

Victor had 175 more than the 6th best Catcher last year.

HUGE FREEKIN DIFFERENCE!

I would rather start D.Lee or Kendry the 12th best 1B and V-Mart over B. Molina and Fielder.

Thats my point!

Plus, as Viejo said...V-Mart will sit less than all other catchers because he will play a lot of 1B and Dh for Boston.

Timetopay

EOG Master

not sure about that, since my other CBS league i still cant put Webb on DL spot since its not official but Lidge it allows me to put there since he is official. So there is a way to do it on CBS

yeah where the f is RJT- he has commish powers. He will look into it and do it right. absolutely insane to keep it the way it is

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

You guys are picking on small entry in a write up. None of you can possible disagree with the fact that the guys team is better than yours. thats the point

thanks you

I will do 100-200 sides with you that I end up with more points than TN.

Also...if anyone else was starting Kuroda and Garland you would call them WW trash.

rjt721

EOG Master

TTP's a funny guy. CC is a risk because of the number of innings on his arm. But Carp's great and not a risk despite the fact he's thrown almost the same amount of innings. Hmm... which of the two has proven to be more durable?

biggamer3

EOG Master

Gotta love this cbs trade:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=bg2 height=17 vAlign=top|top|top align=right><TD align=left>04/03/10</TD><TD align=left>Morales, Kendry 1B ANA
Soto, Geovany C CHC
Webb, Brandon SP ARI</TD><TD align=left>Halladay, Roy SP PHI
Mauer, Joe C MIN
Pujols, Albert 1B STL</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

I have all those three, wonder what would happen if i offered that :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Timetopay

EOG Master

TTP's a funny guy. CC is a risk because of the number of innings on his arm. But Carp's great and not a risk despite the fact he's thrown almost the same amount of innings. Hmm... which of the two has proven to be more durable?

RJT I put my team under his as well.

Team for Team do you think yours is better than his?

rjt721

EOG Master

gamer, congrats on winning baskets. Just checking scores and my team completely shit the bed. 4 pts from CP3. lol.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

TTP-

You think TN's team scores more than mine this year?

If so...Lets do sides on points?

Timetopay

EOG Master

Cap I normally would love 2 but two things. One I like playin sides on my own team. Who knows if he makes bad calls along the way. 2 with the keeper stuff no way to figure out how guys will do their team down the stretch making point totals irrelevant to a degre?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

TTP = 2nd ranked team (acc to TTP's rankings)
MC= 5th ranked team (acc to TTP rankings)

$200 sides on points or record??