Will We See MLB In 2020?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

MLBPA delays vote on proposal in wake of outbreaks at training facilities

There was a Prop some time ago

Will a MLB game be played August 1 or sooner............I got Yes -110. The number got as high as -170. I started to realize YES was not a "lock" and grabbed some: No +125

I sense I might be making +0.15 units instead of B/E on this prop.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Its just bullshit how everything is going. Even though NBA is going to restart you have guys like Irving brainwashing other players now into not wanting to play for fear of whatever, maybe the abdominal snowman will come to Florida? :LOL:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Its just bullshit how everything is going. Even though NBA is going to restart you have guys like Irving brainwashing other players now into not wanting to play for fear of whatever, maybe the abdominal snowman will come to Florida? :LOL:
Is Florida a slam dunk to host now?

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I believe there getting things ready already Fair. Players wont be able to venture out past the arena and hotel. Play a game go back to hotel etc...

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
EaqwkWvXgAUYP37.jpeg
Thats where players and staff will stay. They dont need to go anywhere anyways. Bars, video games, pool tables, pools, entertainment is all there.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I'll be surprised if College plays a full schedule.

I am Commish of our NFL Fantasy Football league. We use a site to run hings. It costs $90/year unless we pay by June 30 and in that case we get 10% off making the cost $81. We pay by June 30 every year to get the lower rate, saving all league owners $1 (costs $71 just to "get in the door"). I sent something out to the league on Sunday asking what should we do? I am not going to pay the fee ahead of time and the reply from some owners seems to indicate waiting and seeing what happens but I will be shocked if there is an NFL season this year. Or a complete one.

Valuist

EOG Master
I believe there getting things ready already Fair. Players wont be able to venture out past the arena and hotel. Play a game go back to hotel etc...

Not a bullish market for baseball annies.

As for Kyrie, he's a "flat earther". Can't be surprised at anything he says.

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
NFL players well off, many very wealthy. They can afford to isolate. College players exact opposite, many hanging out with old friends on the street. I have my doubts we will see college football this year.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
At this point what is pushing back things by a couple months really going to accomplish? You cant compare yourselves to the NBA and see how they do when that sport consists of 5 starters, less players, staff etc...

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Is this how everybody wants to live for a while? Do you want to wear masks everywhere? Do you want places to only be at limited capacity for the winter too? Should we wave the white flag and surrendwr along with football? Jesus. If that's the case Ill go back to drinking every day getting hammered.

Valuist

EOG Master
IF there is an MLB season, who on here will be betting it? I think there would be a lot of questions on how serious the players will take it; any championship would seem like a phony, empty title. I really wonder how of the players will give a shit. I don't bet exhibition games, as I believe they are played at a half ass level. I don't see a 60 game season being much different.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Is this how everybody wants to live for a while? Do you want to wear masks everywhere? Do you want places to only be at limited capacity for the winter too? Should we wave the white flag and surrendwr along with football? Jesus. If that's the case Ill go back to drinking every day getting hammered.
The Black Plague lasted 300+ years.

kane

EOG master
Woj is reporting 4 players on a Western Conf playoff team have tested positive in the last few weeks, the virus will get worse before it gets better, we won't see sports again until next year

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
In regards to MLB this year:
( for me )
Something is a lot better than nothing !!!!
In a 60 games season each game certainly has more relevance -
Although making the playoffs will be much more inclusive.
If it’s not a dream
I’m so Looking forward to listening to the voices of Suzan Waldman and John Sterling and so many others

Valuist

EOG Master
JMO but I think it starts and then gets the axe.....

This is why I likely won't be betting on it. I think players know its a possibility, and since it's not a "real full season", I just don't think they are going to be 100% into it. It's going to be like betting exhibition games.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I'll take 44-16 as best record. Whatcha got.

Too High

That is almost .750 and I know in a short season anything can happen. 40-20 translates to 108 wins and while I know teams cna start hot then tail off I think we are looking at no more than 42-18

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
IF there is an MLB season, who on here will be betting it? I think there would be a lot of questions on how serious the players will take it; any championship would seem like a phony, empty title. I really wonder how of the players will give a shit. I don't bet exhibition games, as I believe they are played at a half ass level. I don't see a 60 game season being much different.
I will be betting right out of the gate. Some on here will deny, but they will too.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
It's easy to go a shorter duration of games at 67-70%. Teams are going to find it difficult adjusting to a short regular season and will need to keep the mindset and momentum given the alterations (i.e. no extended ASB, stressing and accentuating rosters right into postseason, etc).

cheapseats

EOG Master
SC last night discussing WS this year. Dodgers, etc. I really had to take a breath and consider what that means with 60 game season. Guess to much of me is a purest, just has a bad flavor.

Some teams are going to mail it in at the end so a 45 game winner isn't out of the question. Normal season guys are used to being out of the race by end of July, but being professionals and knowing they need to put up stats to get a contract they will go about their business and sometimes have good late season runs. These guys are going to be thinking fluky 60 game season makes it harder to get back into it once you get past 30 games and mail in the last month knowing that the stats will be easily put aside. Bad teams will see it as a year to just run out prospects and see what they can do. The short year helps some teams in the middle of the pack, or teams that just ran bad for a stretch last year. But bad teams know they are bad and unless they run ridiculously lucky they will be in playing for the future mode before mid-season.

Valuist

EOG Master
Some teams are going to mail it in at the end so a 45 game winner isn't out of the question. Normal season guys are used to being out of the race by end of July, but being professionals and knowing they need to put up stats to get a contract they will go about their business and sometimes have good late season runs. These guys are going to be thinking fluky 60 game season makes it harder to get back into it once you get past 30 games and mail in the last month knowing that the stats will be easily put aside. Bad teams will see it as a year to just run out prospects and see what they can do. The short year helps some teams in the middle of the pack, or teams that just ran bad for a stretch last year. But bad teams know they are bad and unless they run ridiculously lucky they will be in playing for the future mode before mid-season.

I'm not sure about that. A 162 game season is a grind. Some teams and players wear down mentally as well as physically. There's no excuse for any kind of meltdown with only a 60 game season. If anything, I think it provides incentive to the bad teams. A title this year will be tarnished. Will teams like the Dodgers or Yankees really have the incentive to win 45 games? Teams like the Tigers and Orioles know they aren't looking at 100 loss seasons or behind 40 games behind the division leader. I see lots of variance with the small number of games. Almost anything can happen.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I can see a "mailing it in" from teams that get "eliminated" from post-season potential but it won't be the teams themselves but we will see many of the hiring paid players giving the "I am stepping away to be with my family" type of reasons.

Who is going to fight them if they want to spend time with their family?

Also we still haven't seen if all the stars on teams will longshot odds to be competitive to decide to play.

If someone like Mike Trout steps away this very well could snowball.

Which "superstars" have families with young kids which would push them into the family side of the not playing ledger.