Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

mr merlin

EOG Master
Cal Berkeley isn't allowing the students to exercize OUTSIDE now.
You notice that the closer we come to the end of the pandemic, the hysteria builds, they cant and wont let it go.

Cases collapsing all over the country and NOW biden is talking travel bans? Pumping up the fear over the UK variant when if you look at the UK their chart is almost identical to ours...ooh that is scary.

IA Hospitalizations down to 292 - down 81%, pretty good huh?
Why do you keep only referring to states where cows outnumber people?

You’ve humiliated yourself enough the past year. It’s 2021, don’t you want to at least make an attempt to ending your embarrassing track record?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The county next to me fully opened up last weekend, outside of masks are required. 100% capacity, no curfews, buffets are even open. Indiana is county by county. Of course they will do big business with Valentines this weekend as Michigan is 25% and closed at 10 PM.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Why do you keep only referring to states where cows outnumber people?

You’ve humiliated yourself enough the past year. It’s 2021, don’t you want to at least make an attempt to ending your embarrassing track record?
You guys are the ones that talked endlessly about ND, SD, etc when a few meat packing workers caught it, or in the late fall when they had their surge. I bring them up because they are near me, and because they did the opposite of what the lunatics called for...and it worked.

You guys are the ones that talked endlessly about ND, SD, etc when a few meat packing workers caught it, or in the late fall when they had their surge. I bring them up because they are near me, and because they did the opposite of what the lunatics called for...and it worked.
That’s my point-ND and SD are in the bottom 10 for COVID number per capita.

Just give up on your Covid input. You’ve buried yourself alive with it

mr merlin

EOG Master
That’s my point-ND and SD are in the bottom 10 for COVID number per capita.

Just give up on your Covid input. You’ve buried yourself alive with it
They wont be as we progress, and they did it all without shutting down their economy and hurting thier own business's and citizens.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Already sucks for those dumb turd Canadians. They can't get vaccines necessary for the population cause the gubberment is stupid. You'd think the turds would just order boat loads and store it in a local glacier. Course, turd thinks glaciers are non existing.

mr merlin

EOG Master
At the barbershop today. Every color skin there and discussing. They all know the bullshit we are being exposed to.
So he hid about 6000 extra deaths from nursing homes - what we thought was 9000 is really 15,000, is that it?

Kinda makes NY's covid numbers even more dismal huh - they were already 1st or 2nd in death rates. Remember when CNN would carry his daily briefing live - heap praise on the guy?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
So he hid about 6000 extra deaths from nursing homes - what we thought was 9000 is really 15,000, is that it?

Kinda makes NY's covid numbers even more dismal huh - they were already 1st or 2nd in death rates. Remember when CNN would carry his daily briefing live - heap praise on the guy?
DIdn't they just blame Trump for all of them? If so, why hide it?

mr merlin

EOG Master
US has passed 10% vaccinated. Need to get in the area of 80% for HI. June looks promising.
No, perhaps 35-40% have already had covid - that counts, In some states it's likely over 50%, so add in the curent 10-13% we're seeing and you can see that some states are almost there.

I dont know if the current plunge will continue, or if we'll have another mini surge, i doubt it but it could happen. Herd immunity doesn't happen all at once you know, what we're seeing is more typical - it just withers away.

I would say by mid late march we'll know if we're through it or not. i would also say by april or may at the latest, they'll be begging people to get vaccinated as they'll have tens of millions of doses with few takers.

mr merlin

EOG Master
During the surge period between the beginning of Nov till now(3 months) cases avg 200K +/day, so the real number was between 500k - 1 million.day. It's possible 40-50 million people caught it in that period, added to all the ones from the previous 7 months.

That's a lot, it cant go on forever, the combo of that and the vaccines is knocking it down.

Just as we all knew. Those who covered for Trump's craziness are now trying to save their careers. It's not going to work. Today it was Dr. Deborah Birx try to backtrack and cover her ass. That ship already sailed Dr. Birx.

what kind of soyboy quotes CNN in this day and age with a straight face? LOL.

Edit: dumb ones do.

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
The Pandemic Could Be ‘Effectively’ Over by April, J.P. Morgan Says. Here’s Why.

By
Nicholas Jasinski
Updated Feb. 12, 2021 4:00 pm ET / Original Feb. 12, 2021 3:59 pm ET

A man walks down a street in Brooklyn.
Spencer Platt/Getty Images

The current trajectory of Covid-19 cases and vaccinations implies that the global pandemic could be as good as over in just a couple of months, a team of J.P. Morgan analysts that includes global head of quantitative and derivatives strategy Marko Kolanovic said on Friday. That’s a much faster timeline than the market and most economists are working with.

The J.P. Morgan analysts aren’t concerned about the potentially more contagious U.K. coronavirus variant, referred to as B.1.1.7., which has been discovered in dozens of countries and more than 30 U.S. states. Last month, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that the U.K. variant could become the dominant strain in the U.S. by March.

“The spread of the B.1.1.7. variant is not inconsistent with an overall decline of Covid and an end of the pandemic in Q2 due to vaccination, natural immunity, seasonality, and other factors,” Kolanovic wrote on Friday. “…While the dataset is still small, statistical analysis of current vaccination data is consistent with a strong decline (i.e. effective end) of the pandemic within ~40-70 days.”

That range means somewhere between the end of March and the end of April—in other words, just around the corner.

The J.P. Morgan quants analyzed the impact of vaccination rollouts on Covid-19 cases and the rate of spread in areas where the U.K. variant was and was not widely circulating. They found that the post-holidays spike in cases in both the U.S. and the U.K. were “almost identical,” despite the U.K. variant not being detected in the U.S. yet.

They also noted that cases in Denmark during the same period rose even faster than in the U.K. and the U.S. And since then, cases in Denmark have been declining more quickly despite the U.K. variant becoming more prevalent in the country at the same time. Likewise, new coronavirus cases in Florida and California have come off their January peak faster than the national average, despite those two states having a higher rate of U.K. variant cases than the U.S. overall.

“This is another example that an increase of B.1.1.7. prevalence can be consistent with a decline in overall cases (e.g., due to seasonality, vaccination, or natural immunity),” Kolanovic wrote.

The J.P. Morgan analysts also looked at the global vaccine rollout. They found that on average, for every 10% increase in vaccines administered, new Covid-19 cases have declined at a rate of 117 per million people. That compares with a median spread of 230 Covid-19 cases per million people in the analysts’ sample of about 25 countries.