Who has the best EOG team?

tripp

EOG Master
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

428, but he scored 545 last year

kind of a risk/reward guy for this year. if he matches what he produced last year, or even comes close you rape in this deal i think. 500 pt bats arent easy to find

Timetopay

EOG Master

Guess VD is lucky i waited 10 more rounds to pick this turd up

Athletics assigned RHP Brad Peacock to minor league camp.

Peacock yielded 12 hits and 11 runs (10 earned) this spring in three Cactus League appearances

Your welcome

Timetopay

EOG Master

Kendy Morales

The 28-year-old Cuban slugger is on pace to be fully healthy by the start of the 2012 regular season and is looking like a promising fantasy sleeper pick.

Timetopay

EOG Master

6 Bookmans Son

This is a hunch play. Sort of a feel type. Guy is the proud owner of two I suck trophys for being last but I think something clicks this year and enough is enough

Offense is standard. Few top guys,few middle tier,and few reaches. Will position him perfectly for the run at 6th.

Pitching I kind of like the rotation. Haren/Romero good one two and some guys i think will bounce back. Closers same way with one good one and one who will probably bounce back.

His usual weakness is depth and he never picks anyone up but I think he will stay in the race for the middle all year as his anger will bring out the best of him as its at a all time high.

As Books says hes one of the best so will go with Tuckers for number 6!!!

ttp i want you to know before you go any further that your ratings will lose all credibility if you even sniff the top 5, so hoping you plan on putting yourself in bot 3 because i enjoy reading these.

Timetopay

EOG Master

5. MC - the terminator or rosey the robot

one or the other with the MCs. Guy is a trading machine but one mistake and it can be curtains.

Bats are decent as he has 4 big names. Other spots look a little week but sure he will always be trying to tweek.

His arms are up the air to me. Could be nasty or could be the Titanic. One good one in Felix. The rest are ? Ubaldo and Danks feel down last year and no idea if they get up. Stras innings limit and Pineda may not even be in the majors. Mix in Johan and Berdard always a pitch from disaster and I just cant tell.

Closers look good as long again if they stay healthy. Beckham on the bench gives the team a extra boost.

So for me this team can go alot of different directions from the top to the bottom but in the end I feel... The boy who cant come out and play on Saturdays will be still battling it out at the end on Sundays as he stays in the race.

5th for the MC's!!!!!!!!!!!

tripp

EOG Master

ttp i want you to know before you go any further that your ratings will lose all credibility if you even sniff the top 5, so hoping you plan on putting yourself in bot 3 because i enjoy reading these.
no chance ttp, rj and tn aren't all on the top 3-4

those guys circle jerk each other like no others

no chance ttp, rj and tn aren't all on the top 3-4

those guys circle jerk each other like no others
Ive noticed that. RJ and TN have pretty good teams and its funnies how ttp always tries to group himself with them when he is lightyears away.

Integrity

EOG Master

hey VD be fair

that wasnt an exactly an offer, offer....

i said we'd need a 2nd layer and asked if you wanted ackley or mauer or to name something...

Timetopay

EOG Master

4th - Breaksman - The defending partial cheating champ

Last years declared winner came back with a little extra zing in his step and you could tell it got to his head. He came back with a hell of a group of keepers but some stranger drafting may have knocked him down. My guess is being right next to Tripp his awfullness rubbed off a bit.

Kershaw and Lester 1-2 is about as good as it gets.After that alot of guys who have to take another step or 2. zimm,lebueke,chacin,cahill. Someone needs to step up to a 450 guy.

Bats look good if everyone rebounds. His main studs of ells and braun fine. but Hanley,Carl,Youk,etc need to play up thier names which they havent done in a while.

Closers - Well he has 1. Matt Thorton:houra

Think he will compete again but team at this point aint as good as last year and no Mo to steal the cy young from.

So Breaks trying to be 2 time champ and that is not just meant to be. 4th for the RJTS Enjoy!

hey VD be fair

that wasnt an exactly an offer, offer....

i said we'd need a 2nd layer and asked if you wanted ackley or mauer or to name something...
who are you kiddin!>?!?!?! you are the one that brought up sending the messages instead of bogus offers and you were hoping he would bite:lol

i know you take this stuff pretty seriously buddy and dont want to hurt your feelings, but better to bring you down to earth now than let you figure it out during the season

Timetopay

EOG Master

3. TN News

Insurance men know bases. I definately think he reached at few spots but when you start with Adrian,Kins,and Bautista you can make a few mistakes. His lineup is nice and if scutaro and cuddeyer enjoy Colorado gonna be a hell of a lineup

Pitching is solid but i have a feeling lincecum keeps falling down. Carp,Latos and Beachy make a nice 2,3,4 and he has some options to bring in. Not many as some names probably wont even make squads. Mariano good guy but needs 2nd closer.

TN always near the top but his inability to answer how Cee has his cell and not me leaves some sort of a black hole for me.

TN's fight to the end but 3rd is where they will be!

Integrity

EOG Master

so bg3 is 2nd and ttp 1????

kinda glad joey's squad is 10-12th

cuz i mean, good hitting lineup, lock down pen and 3 aces is a great team to be underrated:btj:

Lots of funnies in the thread today.

MC i have holland over Garcia in my rankings fwiw

TTP, I need a sp . Will u give me a SP for one of those guys SU? or do we hafta add a 2nd piece each

Timetopay

EOG Master

Ok we will go with 10th to bottom and then back to top

10th - Tripp the teach with no students.

What a disaster. I called it for months. This guy cant draft. He is incapable of putting together a squad. How anyone could f up a team with 4 top keeps is beyond me.

His pitching should have been the foundation. Doc,CC,Weaver. Could have been a dynasty. Somehow through a whole draft he lost CC and has Hudson,MAsterson,and Buckholz to round out the rotation. What a disaster. So you think well maybe he build up a good squad of pitchers to bring in for matchups. Negative. He decided to build up his bench with oriole and blue jay 4th and 5th guys.

His hitting. Got 3 good bats but my guess is Kemp comes way down this year. After that the likes of Jed Lowrie,eric Aybar,adam jones will be his top guys.

His closers are pretty good so no complaints there.

Guy will have to wheel and deal some trash to get out of the bottom and that is possible but unlikely.

Expect many things over the summer and tripp winning aint one of them. (but do expect spelling errors)

The bird man is dieing somewhere with Trippers 10 place finish!!!

tripp

EOG Master

zzzzzzzz

why even waste time writing these each year? just copy/paste last years rankings and breakdowns

Timetopay

EOG Master

11th - Joey I wasted another $250 on a league fee with a bad co mangager Baggadounts

Inevitable when a newbie comes in they will struggle but mix in a flawed system bought from Chute and pain is coming. Its bad Karma to mix anything Chute and Joey and from taking his squad to using his system everything is haywire.

Lets talk bats- He may not have a 400 bat on the squad and no im not bullshitting.

Choo,Pence,Lawrie,Hosmer,and Butler all his best chances but I can see maybe a few hit 410 to 420 and rest being 350. Tough to win with no bats.

It may be possible if you have a top staff so lets look there.

Three good ones in lee,price,and cain but after that when u rolling worley and floyd as 4/5 and absolutely no one else u are gonna be in rough shape.

Hanarhan and Wilson are middle tier and will be decent but prone to some monster blow ups.

Tegs will learn this year and hopefully get somewhat better next year. Joey could have pulled off 11th by himself.

I ran the system and for this year it say Tegs in 11th!!!!!!!!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

I respectfully disagree with my #5 ranking. I can be top 2 but I can also fall down to 8 or so. I love my risk/reward guys. My pitching staff is deeper than you think. Love my closers. Pineda will be the #3 starter. Who we kidding?! No minors. Stras will dominate for the first 4 months. Felix is Felix. Danks and Jamie will give me good 2step matchups. And I firmly believe Ubaldo will be better. I like my bats and I have 4 top type bats. Love the writeups tho.

Timetopay

EOG Master

TTP, I need a sp . Will u give me a SP for one of those guys SU? or do we hafta add a 2nd piece each

its possible but those guys are tough to give up a decent pitcher for. Good players but cant give up a hole lot.

Take a look and see if something makes sense

I respectfully disagree with my #5 ranking. I can be top 2 but I can also fall down to 8 or so. I love my risk/reward guys. My pitching staff is deeper than you think. Love my closers. Pineda will be the #3 starter. Who we kidding?! No minors. Stras will dominate for the first 4 months. Felix is Felix. Danks and Jamie will give me good 2step matchups. And I firmly believe Ubaldo will be better. I like my bats and I have 4 top type bats. Love the writeups tho.

so if you feel you could be 2nd through 8th, wouldnt that make an average finish of 5th?:+clueless

J

joeybagadonuts

What odds can I get that I finish better than 11th?

Timetopay

EOG Master

12th- How did I end up with Tuck as my son - Books

I thought the guy had it all figured out. The secret to winning. He came out and was making magic with his lineup. Cargo,Votto,Tulo,Stanton,Napoli.Arod and i thought this guy gonna f us up but low and behold he couldnt stop drafting bats.

I have never seen the strategy in all my years that if you have a stronger offense to keep drafting bench bats like ole books

So for his starters he has a few good names in becket and hamels and garza but running out niese and niemann every week gonna be painful.

Capp and Francisco as closers will give the old man heartburn as well.

My guess is he wont be a waiver wire guy either so gonna be sad by 2nd half with any injuries to his starters.

Books you will never see this as you have replaced Chute as no posting,no trading,no activity but atleast you have tuck and not icey so thats a plus.

Sorry Books but 12th will be your fate. Thanks for playing!!!!

TN, Not a bad offer. I have too big of a difference from CC-Beachy to do that one. Close to the bautista-zimm difference. But then i lose on grandy - cespedes also. So I have myself losing too many pts there

Tripper. I have too many guys in the OF so don't need another OF to sit the bench lol. I'm stale on nova since I don't think he will even make the rotation. Glad I got my offer down on him before u saw it

Integrity

EOG Master

lol at the no bats thing

i think we have one of the top hitting lineups in the league. no super monsters, unless lawrie just totally breaks out, but no duds either. OF has 3 consistent guys in choo/pence/melky and one boom/bust in BJ who, at 20homers/40steals should be near 400 if he ticks up the avg some

all comes down to dee gordon still, lol

as far as arms after the big 3, worley is a decent 4, floyd is a risk, but i think out of hochever, porcello, nicasio, pomeranz and daniel bard, 2 guys will emerge to be viable options, which is what we'll need if we're gonna be for real

tripp

EOG Master

Tripper. I have too many guys in the OF so don't need another OF to sit the bench lol. I'm stale on nova since I don't think he will even make the rotation. Glad I got my offer down on him before u saw it

fair enough

i dont think i would have taken that offer you withdrew. really was second guessing myself for even offering storen as i think he will be a monster closer and top closers are probably more valuable than a guy like grandy by themselves (kimmy was probably top 10 most valuable player in fantasy last year). so huge hit down to street who is shaky and on a crappy team. then i love Max for this year, hope he breaks out and becomes my guy just to f with gamer :houra

Timetopay

EOG Master

Top 2 suspense has been built

Number 2 Biggamer - Creditwagering made me famous and not my finishes previous years.

this is so painful for me to ever have this guy up this high trust me. I am hoping to be wrong and all his guys are on the dl by week 2.

but for now he has a good squad. His top 5 starters are solid. Ian,JJ,Madison,Hanson,and Hellickson a good 5 to run out there. Injury concerna and Helly regressing will be concerns but still like the potential there.

His bench starters not so good but a few who could bounce back and use in two steps.

His closers are old but will get him 30-35 saves and 400-450 points without having to worry about injury or losing their jobs.

Nice lineup 1-9. Albert and Cano as starters are nice.Hammy,Rollins,and Aramis could be very nice or be headaches. Those 3 I think will determine Gamers spot.

Gamer does not deal much which could be good or bad depending on if he holds on to these possible injury risks to long.

If this kid gets winning this board will be worse than anyone who has won before. He is obnoxious,rude,crude,has no filter, and will bounce in and out where you cant even land many shots.

Unfortunately I see this as a good season for Gamer and a long year for us. Gamer at number 2!!!

fair enough

i dont think i would have taken that offer you withdrew. really was second guessing myself for even offering storen as i think he will be a monster closer and top closers are probably more valuable than a guy like grandy by themselves (kimmy was probably top 10 most valuable player in fantasy last year). so huge hit down to street who is shaky and on a crappy team. then i love Max for this year, hope he breaks out and becomes my guy just to f with gamer :houra

Yeah, i was a lil surprised seeing storen in there and don't like max much either so it was tough. I'm scared to pay for a closer upgrade since a lot of it depends on save chances and it's hard to predict imo