Who has the best EOG team?

rjt721

EOG Master
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

Tegs' keeper

Melky Cabrera was surprisingly good last season. Can he do it again (or even come close) playing for the San Francisco Giants?
No. And a good rule of thumb is that an older position player who had an out-of-character good season will give most of it back in the following year. Barring a major mechanical change that would justify the optimism after Year 1, I prefer to see a player repeat a new and unexpected level of performance for a second year before seeing it as a new base level. Plus, I've seen Melky swing at too many pitches at his eyes to believe he's more than a fourth outfielder.

Timely's top bat :btj:

Is Asdrubal Cabrera's power legit?
No, I don't think he comes close to repeating last year's 25-homer performance; he regressed in-season last year and wasn't close to the same guy after the All-Star break (.836 OPS before the break, .729 after). I do like his glove and think that he'll be a valuable player as a shortstop with some value on offense, but last year's All-Star performance looks like a peak to me, with 10-15 homers more realistic for 2012.
longo our top bat right now and look for heyward to get back on track:scooter

J

joeybagadonuts

Tegs' keeper

Melky Cabrera was surprisingly good last season. Can he do it again (or even come close) playing for the San Francisco Giants?
No. And a good rule of thumb is that an older position player who had an out-of-character good season will give most of it back in the following year. Barring a major mechanical change that would justify the optimism after Year 1, I prefer to see a player repeat a new and unexpected level of performance for a second year before seeing it as a new base level. Plus, I've seen Melky swing at too many pitches at his eyes to believe he's more than a fourth outfielder.

I'm a huge giants fan/homer and I wouldn't draft any of the giants batters other than Buster or Panda.

ATT Park is one of the worst hitters parks in the majors.

J

joeybagadonuts

joeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

whats the good word out in SF

High expectations for our sqaud this year. Just got my opening night tix today. Sucks they are playing the shitty Pirates but should allow us to start out with a winning record.

Buster looks solid. Panda is even better shape than ever.

I'm really worried about Lince....

I'd bet that both Bummy and Co-Cain have better years than he does. BWilson seems to finally be getting close to his old self as well. Bullpen as always is shaping up nicely.

I'm not too happy with Melky and Angel Pagan being our big offseason signings and I suspect that we once again struggle on offense. I do think that Brandon Belt should make a big impact when he gets a shot to play. Huff is having a good preseason but I suspect that Belt will platoon with him starting a few months into the season.

Glad to see Freddy Sanchez back but he's once again hurting a little bit and might not be back for opening day, but just having him back in the line up at some point should add a nice spark.

My prediction is they win the west in a tight race.

Integrity

EOG Master

melky should be fine

had his breakout and is looking good this spring

attt park being spacious plays to his strengths as he'll get many doubles n triples. homers arent his thing

rjt721

EOG Master

Done

News: Baltimore starting pitcher Zach Britton will get a second opinion on his injured left shoulder from Dr. James Andrews at Britton's request, reports MASNsports.com on Tuesday. After being scratched from Monday's scheduled minor-league appearance, Baltimore starting pitcher Zach Britton conceded he might not be healthy for opening day and expects to begin the season on the disabled list. Britton has been hampered by shoulder stiffness and has yet to play in a Grapefruit League game.

rjt721

EOG Master

Love this guy. What a stud. :houra

Lucas Duda went 2-for-3 with a double and a solo homer in Tuesday's win over the Nationals.

Duda connected for an opposite-field home run off Stephen Strasburg in the bottom of the fourth inning. Interestingly, he didn't hit a single solo homer last year. The 26-year-old has the starting right field job all to himself and could be a sneaky late-round pick in mixed formats.

Integrity

EOG Master

sucks the braves werent able to sucker anyone into taking him. i really wanted that royals package they asked for or even tim wheeler+ from col

oh well

tripp

EOG Master

I view our squads as even so no reason to take that one rjt. You lucked into keepers like Kershaw and Ells so you are bound to have a solid team. Right now I'm looking at you and Cee as my biggest competition.

Tell ya what, I'll go in on records or pts sides if you also go in on Masterson/Jair sides :pop:

Timetopay

EOG Master

Tripp u squid

you start with 4 great keepers and u talking about his???

So basically you are say you fell apart in the draft:houra

tripp

EOG Master

Im saying i have a top team ttp. Did you not read the post?

Only teams I'm competing with at this point are breaks and cee.

rjt721

EOG Master

Kid talks for months saying he has best team and will dominate this year. Now we're even. :shoot:

Jair vs Masterson is garbage and you know it. My 9th vs your 2nd. I said they're even, so why would I want sides? No dice.

tripp

EOG Master

They are even just like mine and your team is even. My team slightly better since Braun will blow off the roids, but I'm guessing you will pawn him off for some kings ransom to some poor soul that doesn't know any better.

I also offered Masterson vs Luebke for the record, who you took ahead of masterson. I get the RP angle, but like I said top Rp's score a ton too so if you are taking a RP eligible pitcher that early he better be a 450+ SP. Storen will score 500 and i got him 3 rds later

rjt721

EOG Master

I will do Luebke vs Mast for a hundy.

Our teams aren't even. My team smokes yours. My team is "smooth" and yours isn't. That's why I want sides.

Stinks having the best team and everyone is scared of you and won't do sides.

tripp

EOG Master

Ok deal. Masterson vs Luebke for 100 and ill give ya pts or record for 100. If i somehow lose both of those I am never doing sides with you again.:finger004

Timetopay

EOG Master

I will do Luebke vs Mast for a hundy.

Our teams aren't even. My team smokes yours. My team is "smooth" and yours isn't. That's why I want sides.

Stinks having the best team and everyone is scared of you and won't do sides.

Factual until you got to the last sentence and then you hit a road block pal:btj:

tripp

EOG Master

gallardo gonna be fun to start on touch 1 steps when he has 90 pitches thrown in the 5th inning. no Prince on offense anymore either

ttp way overpaid for the guy. Id rather have my man Yu

Timetopay

EOG Master

gallardo gonna be fun to start on touch 1 steps when he has 90 pitches thrown in the 5th inning. no Prince on offense anymore either

ttp way overpaid for the guy. Id rather have my man Yu

not shocking u pick the wrong guy always.

an unknown jap in the texas heat and horrible stadium to pitch compared to Gallardo a proven 500 plus guy at 26

good call mr.10

rjt721

EOG Master

Looks like the schedules are more balanced this year. No playing division opponents 3 times apiece. Instead, you play one team once and everybody else two times.