2021 MLB thread

Valuist

EOG Master
Hey Topper, I was thinking of you when your boy Schwarbs went deep last night

I think Happ is his guy now. Maybe Wisdom? Wisdom had a crazy good HR/PA rate but an insane strikeout rate.

I'm not surprised at Schwarber putting up big numbers. Wrigley costs LHH home runs every year. When the wind blows out there, its most often to left-center.

MrTop

EOG Master
Hey Topper, I was thinking of you when your boy Schwarbs went deep last night

they put him in front of good hitters like in washington.. hitters that don't whiff. So he sees better pitches. when hitting behind them they give him junk. bogarts ..devers...like martinez DNP... turner or soto that is the theory. So they pitch to swarber instead of walk him. If you have hitters that whiff batting leadoff does not work unless you got the best that follow. This comes from baseball prospectus years ago... madden did it .. not the right hitters behind him.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Hard to imagine a lot of runs in the F5 of today's Cards/Dodgers game. You will have shadows. These teams have 239 combined plate appearances against the opposing starter, with a grand total of only 2 home runs. Strikeout/walk ratio of 73 strikeouts to only 4 walks. The Dodgers have batted over .280 vs Wainwright but with little power and only a .699 OPS while St Louis has a horrendous .452 OPS vs Scherzer.
Under 3.5 at plus odds now. The no score in the 1st inning looks nice at -125 also.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I think Happ is his guy now. Maybe Wisdom? Wisdom had a crazy good HR/PA rate but an insane strikeout rate.

I'm not surprised at Schwarber putting up big numbers. Wrigley costs LHH home runs every year. When the wind blows out there, its most often to left-center.
The only LH power hitters they have had since 1960 is Billy Williams and Rizzo.

MrTop

EOG Master
i am going with houston... whitesox are in a bit of a flux. Rodan can go only 1 game. If tampa wins look for franco to be mvp His hitting got better

kane

EOG master
I hope you're right Topper, I have a future on the Stros to win the WS +1800, and a future on the Rays to win the AL +1250

MrTop

EOG Master
I hope you're right Topper, I have a future on the Stros to win the WS +1800, and a future on the Rays to win the AL +1250

if you noticed... the MLB teams are starting very quietly to follow the Astros model of getting a collection of MLB hitters that don't whiff... one reason why the dodgers got betts

Valuist

EOG Master
if you noticed... the MLB teams are starting very quietly to follow the Astros model of getting a collection of MLB hitters that don't whiff... one reason why the dodgers got betts

Other than the Astros, most of the playoff teams still struggling to make contact: (K pct)

1. Houston 19.4
8. St Louis 22.3
9. LAD 22.6
11. Boston 22.6
12. CWS 22.8
19. SF 23.6
22. Atlanta 24.0
. Milw 24.0
26. Tampa 24.8

MrTop

EOG Master
Other than the Astros, most of the playoff teams still struggling to make contact: (K pct)

1. Houston 19.4
8. St Louis 22.3
9. LAD 22.6
11. Boston 22.6
12. CWS 22.8
19. SF 23.6
22. Atlanta 24.0
. Milw 24.0
26. Tampa 24.8

and the starters?

Valuist

EOG Master
I think Scherzer made up his mind tonight where he's going to pitch in 2022. And it won't be for that idiot Roberts.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Hard to imagine a lot of runs in the F5 of today's Cards/Dodgers game. You will have shadows. These teams have 239 combined plate appearances against the opposing starter, with a grand total of only 2 home runs. Strikeout/walk ratio of 73 strikeouts to only 4 walks. The Dodgers have batted over .280 vs Wainwright but with little power and only a .699 OPS while St Louis has a horrendous .452 OPS vs Scherzer.

Hope you pulled the trigger on the under….looking good late….

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Only at EOG can you discover that a 106 win team sucks because they have a gay owner, a poor manager, and their star OF bats .160. I thought we were talking about the Pirates.

Valuist

EOG Master
You have to usually lean under in postseason MLB. One game where I would consider an over is Boston/.Tampa. Is McClanahan really the game 1 starter for this team that won 100 games? That's the best they could do? With E-Rod, you never know. Some days, he's real good; others he's terrible. I do think the +163 series price on Boston is value. I believe Tampa Bay is built for the regular season.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Where's David Price ?

He's Gets over 30 Million a Year, To Be a Starting Pitcher For The Dodgers.

Does He Have a Nasal Drip, That's Keeping Him Sidelined ?

Valuist

EOG Master
Buehler making his 7th start of the season against the Giants. The first 5 were very good. His last start against the Giants was poor. Not often a team gets to face a pitcher 7 times in one season. The Dodgers only faced Webb 3 times.

Playoffs:

Favs 4-1, Milw leading 2-0 in 7th. If that holds it will be 5-1 & 5 straight wins.

Home teams 5-0, if Milw 2-0 lead holds it will be 6-0.

Valuist

EOG Master
Crazy play late in Red Sox/Tampa game. This could be a series crusher for Tampa. Deep extra innings, Rays have a runner on first and Kiermayer hits a drive off the RF fence that bounces back toward Renfro and caroms off Renfro's body back into the bullpen. The runner at first scores easily. But not so fast. It's ruled a ground rule double and Diaz sent back to 3B. Next hitter strikes out and ends inning. Bottom half of inning Vasquez ends it with a 2 run HR. I imagine there will be a new rule next year that if a fielder bats or causes a ball to go out of the field of play, the umpires can use their own discretion about runners on base. Maybe not quite as dramatic as the Buckner error or the Bartman incident, but a huge turn of events that could carry over to game 4.

In the Houston/White Sox game, Hallion's strike zone is all over the place. No consistency at all.

white sox and all that relief did not matter. Still have to hit the ball.

see you in 2022

5-game series are the ultimate in random number generators for betting results. Proves nothing in terms of skill, just shows who was lucky this week.

MrTop

EOG Master
Their SP’s really let them down. All they had to do was get to the 7th with a lead - something they couldn’t do.

was it the pitching or the defensive shifts? there were seeing eye base hits all over the place & all we seen were the players name on their uniform as they were running after the ball.