2024 NCAAB thread

Valuist

EOG Master
Ever think you'd see Indiana State ranked over 35 spots ahead of big brother Indiana?

1705063608377.png

I guess Larry Bird was just ahead of his time.

Gonzaga goes down at Santa Clara last night. The Zags clearly down this year. Probably should've won last night. They lose by 1 after going 2 of 20 from beyond the arc.

Valuist

EOG Master
I’m at a Caesar’s Book at Mountaineer park. For some reason Purdue/Wisky still off the board. No idea why

Valuist

EOG Master
The game has been up on DB all morning
No idea why it was OTB until 10 minutes til tip off. Interesting that Purdue only hit one 3 in first half and Edey only one FG. And they still are ahead.
When you watch Purdue it’s crazy to think how bad they’ve choked in NCAA last 3 years. How did this team lose to Farleigh Dickinson?

kane

EOG master
Indiana St ranked for the first time since a kid named Bird played there, they take the court tonight laying 17, and promptly lose by 13, looks like the Sycamores got caught reading their press clippings

dogball

EOG Master
lets talk what interests everyone for NCAA tournament futures please. this is not my department, id be guessing with some of the favs like Houston and Connecticut. where should my money go

Heim

EOG Master
lets talk what interests everyone for NCAA tournament futures please. this is not my department, id be guessing with some of the favs like Houston and Connecticut. where should my money go

You can still get 30/1 on Iowa St. They've beaten Kansas, Houston, Cincy and Texas. Last 2 on the road. Veteran squad that unlike most Big 12 teams plays defense.

Valuist

EOG Master
Indiana St ranked for the first time since a kid named Bird played there, they take the court tonight laying 17, and promptly lose by 13, looks like the Sycamores got caught reading their press clippings

And they now will likely have to win the MVC title to go to the NCAA. A home loss to Illinois St is real bad for the resume.

Valuist

EOG Master
How can The Citadel lay double digits to anyone? VMI is awful, with only 4 wins. But guess who won of those 4 wins was against? The Citadel. Revenge? You need to be competent to extract revenge. The Citadel isn't. Should be 75 possessions or so here. Not sure if it goes over because both are poor offensive teams.

Valuist

EOG Master
The win streak angle comes back to bite Indiana State. Tonight was their first game back after having a 9 game win streak end earlier in the week. They lose outright at Southern Illinois. At large bid completely dead.

Valuist

EOG Master
Wonder what South Florida has to do to get any respect. Kenpom still has them outside the top 100 (barely). They've won 10 straight, and if they don't commit 28 fouls and miss 10 of 19 free throws against UAB in a 4 point loss, they could have a 17 game win streak.

dogball

EOG Master
Wonder what South Florida has to do to get any respect. Kenpom still has them outside the top 100 (barely). They've won 10 straight, and if they don't commit 28 fouls and miss 10 of 19 free throws against UAB in a 4 point loss, they could have a 17 game win streak.
win today, which they are on way to doing

Heim

EOG Master
Tennessee has been getting a lot of action in the futures market, however that coach finds a way to fuck it up in the tourney.

Valuist

EOG Master
I think every pod is on Va Tech tonight, claiming they are the contrarian play. But when "everyone" is on it, how contrarian can it be?

Heim

EOG Master
The big guy from Purdue will probably win the Wooden award again, but there's nobody more valuable than pg Shead on Houston. I've been watching him for 3 years, they're lost when he gets in foul trouble.

dogball

EOG Master
I think every pod is on Va Tech tonight, claiming they are the contrarian play. But when "everyone" is on it, how contrarian can it be?
may have asked the wrong questions on this game, gate to wire domination. even the champ takes a punch now and then. GL

railbird

EOG Master
Name a better conference not in the NBA.
my point was houston is the only team in confrenc e that is capable of winning itall. i get that they have the best bottom end , but texas sucked as i predicted, kansas is a clown show, baylor disappeared, tech is the team that cant score. and a to machine even tho great coach

Heim

EOG Master
The unranked over ranked angle has gotten juiced to the gills then the followers take over at any price now.

Yesterday I saw 8.5 (closer) at some shops in New Mexico game. These were two 20-6 teams with identical SOS.

Valuist

EOG Master
my point was houston is the only team in confrenc e that is capable of winning itall. i get that they have the best bottom end , but texas sucked as i predicted, kansas is a clown show, baylor disappeared, tech is the team that cant score. and a to machine even tho great coach
Kansas > Marquette or Nova

Valuist

EOG Master
Anyone follow the Sonny Moore power ratings? I found a couple interesting examples the last 2 days:

Moore and Kenpom both had Loyola Chicago rated around mid 90s. But Kenpom had Dayton rated around 21-22 while Moore had Dayton in the mid 60s. Loyola won outright.

Today, Kenpom had Wisconsin 23rd, while Moore had them a much more believable 41st. Wisconsin proved to be a phony favorite and was handled at home.

It seems like Kenpom weights every game the same. A Nov 22 game far less relevant than what happened 10 days ago.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Anyone follow the Sonny Moore power ratings? I found a couple interesting examples the last 2 days:

Moore and Kenpom both had Loyola Chicago rated around mid 90s. But Kenpom had Dayton rated around 21-22 while Moore had Dayton in the mid 60s. Loyola won outright.

Today, Kenpom had Wisconsin 23rd, while Moore had them a much more believable 41st. Wisconsin proved to be a phony favorite and was handled at home.

It seems like Kenpom weights every game the same. A Nov 22 game far less relevant than what happened 10 days ago.
Wisconsin has been a trainwreck for a month now.