ARE AMERICANS THICKER THAN OTHERS

J

joeybagadonuts

Re: ARE AMERICANS THICKER THAN OTHERS

wrong

want to try again?

:pop:

You're completely clueless, hate to break it to ya.

The US gives HUGE tax breaks (100s of billions) to energy companies, which in turn artificially keeps gas prices low. They also give them $ for R&D, once again billions, which once again keep prices lower than the free market would dictate.

mr merlin

EOG Master

The fact is that we, and the rest of the world pay exactly the same price(barring minor differences to acct for shipping,refining, etc), the price of gas from one country to another means nothing, as taxes account for that. The only subsiding going on occurs in countries like saudi arabia and venezuala, where they sell gas close to their cost of production as opposed to the fair market value(which right now is approx $100 a bbl).

Notice how often stupid foreigners never really understand that, as they assume that the price they pay, is the "correct" price.:doh1

I meant by having cheap gas comparing to EU.

OK, the Kocain-Kowboy and his merry bank of Oil Barron Kroney-Kapitalists in his administration wanted to preserve a hegemony in Rag-head Camel-Rider land...

...howze zat?

The fact is that we, and the rest of the world pay exactly the same price(barring minor differences to acct for shipping,refining, etc), the price of gas from one country to another means nothing, as taxes account for that. The only subsiding going on occurs in countries like saudi arabia and venezuala, where they sell gas close to their cost of production as opposed to the fair market value(which right now is approx $100 a bbl).

Notice how often stupid foreigners never really understand that, as they assume that the price they pay, is the "correct" price.:doh1
Agree, stupid foreigners

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

What does that have to do with anything?
It's the sine qua non of American power,having access to the lowest cost energy and other natural resources,by dint of having the use of the worlds reserve currency up to now.
The U.S. has the status it does by projecting its influence globally,and this also accounts for allowing immigration from everywhere,as those who support the cause of Pax Americana in their local regions get rewarded with membership in the club if they want it.
Bringing in and creating new citizens keeps the belief in America's success going,can you imagine the impression immigrants who return home after having made it[however modestly in most cases,but still noteworthy in comparison to those who stay behind ]in the empire leave on their compatriots.
Take away the ability to trade a fiat currency for labor,goods,services,and resources flowing to America far out of proportion to its per capita world share,and the U.S. would be just another country.Nothing wrong with this actually,but the illusion won't last forever,and when the magic stops working things will get ugly.

scrimmage

You didn't answer my question?

What does the price of gas have to do with anything?

The price of gas is a marker,and represents in general a country's status,or policy toward energy use.
Americans have the luxury of being "thicker" because they don't have the reality of the military and environmental costs of using oil/gas included in the price paid for it.The U.S. basically imposes its energy footprint cost on the rest of the world by being the Alpha-predator.
While America's military might and empires reach are respected they are not uniformly admired,if circumstances gradually shift the U.S. will not have its accustomed economic advantages,then it's right back in the pack.
The price of gas in other countries reflects the true costs embedded in a unit of it,America has enjoyed an artificial subsidy on fuel and other resources,this won't last forever,and American's had better look up from their I/[smart?]-Phones and realize their world is changing around them.

scrimmage

Can't help it.
Were "High Times" questions answered?

J

joeybagadonuts

Scrimmy,

HT will come back in here and say you're wrong like he did to me. The guy is a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist He's one of those nutjobs that think he knows it all bc he read some shitty article on the web and is now an expert.

scrimmage

Scrimmy,

HT will come back in here and say you're wrong like he did to me. The guy is a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist He's one of those nutjobs that think he knows it all bc he read some shitty article on the web and is now an expert.
JBaD;
HT's problem.
He can't handle the truth,but you're incorrect also,in your assertion, as some conspiracy's are real too.It depends on which one we'd like to choose to dispute.

scrimmage

40 year old Euro stylings,when the continent still had some future relevance,before descending into its current decadence:
Mo-Dettes - WHITE MICE - RARE VIDEO 1979
<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S0JCoMYpiA0" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
Uploaded by R4949 on May 10, 2009
RARE - possibly unique! Shot in the primitive studio at the London College of Printing in 1979 - with Ian H at the video colourizer controls... All I have left is this dodgy quality VHS - so, with apologies for that, sit back and enjoy one of the most under-rated bands of the 80s... All hail the Mo-Dettes...
Remember - No girl likes to love a wimp...

"White" Mice indeed,no pun intended?

High Times

EOG Master

Scrimmy,

But you were wrong :pop:

J

joeybagadonuts

I offered to bet but HT would rather just say 'but you were wrong'

What am I wrong about HT?

scrimmage

That's what we'd like to know,so's we can further a response,and BTW where's the originator of
this thread been lately herein,he started some other bollocks instead of engaging with us?

J

joeybagadonuts

Winny the euro-trash drunk can barely spell, let alone put together a coherent argument.

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

I post a topic thats well worth discussing and you turn it into a personal attack. :whip:

Others are attacking me as well but theyre just ghosts, all I want to be on here is friendly and learn about betting angles from graduates. :lock::cheers

scrimmage

I post a topic thats well worth discussing and you turn it into a personal attack. :whip:

Others are attacking me as well but theyre just ghosts, all I want to be on here is friendly and learn about betting angles from graduates. :lock::cheers
2 Q's:
Specifically who are you addressing?And is this a kinder and gentler "Winny"?

scrimmage

Winny the euro-trash drunk can barely spell, let alone put together a coherent argument.

Win must be talkin to you JBaD,but he didn't specify anyone,he's getting soft I guess.

Joey, for fuck's sakes man. You're not even in this argument at an intellectual level. You recite the very narrative he's talking about and prove his point.

Stop embarassing yourself.

You're a good American. Leave it at that.

Scrimmy,

Joey, here's something to keep you occupied.

Look up "Cognitive dissonance" on the web. Then write six paragraphs on the subject ...

The Effect of Cognitive Dissonance on Average and Below Average Intelligent Americans When Confronted With Images and Critiques From Outside American Boundaries.

I'll mark it for you and put it up here.

Make sure to include the bit about America being given a special destiny by God.

scrimmage

Look up "Cognitive dissonance" on the web. Then write six paragraphs on the subject ...

The Effect of Cognitive Dissonance on Average and Below Average Intelligent Americans When Confronted With Images and Critiques From Outside American Boundaries.

Make sure to include the bit about America being given a special destiny by God.
"CD?"
Doesn't he post pithy commentary occassionally at:
http://www.zerohedge.com/

scrimmage

Cognitve dissonance isn't exclusively an American trait,CD can be caused by a mind in turmoil due to religion,politics,ethics,business,personal problems,individual pyschology and a myriad host of other issues.
Attributing CD solely to average Americans is unfair because citizens of other nations have the same internal conflicts too.Admittedly citizens of the U.S. have to deal with more contradictions than most,and while this isn't an excuse many in the same circumstance would be wracked with similar mind storms.
"Average" Americans are as defensive as anyone else when being criticized,that's why they're average and those from other countries are too,it takes the ability to rationalize and go beyond the ordinary to simply brush off unconstructive opinion,while being able to accept truth and adjust accordingly.
Many American's do believe in a God given right to dominate the rest of the world,and this is troubling as while this has been been the case in the recent past,it can't and won't continue, limits will be reached,and a new level of lifestyle that's sustainable will have to be implemented.
America has a further decline in store than most other nations and the transition to a lower energy profile won't be easy,but it will be required either voluntarily,or by force,habits will need to change.
America can continue on its present course,to try and secure energy and resources worldwide,but the contradictions of doing so will ultimately outweigh the benefits of doing so.and make the endgame harder.

J

joeybagadonuts

I actually wrote a paper on cognitive dissonance in college, not related the subject matter you proposed, but rather on actors in Hollywood and their political views.

I will see if I can find it.

Now, if you want to discuss what I said was wrong w/r/t the US Govt subsidizing energy companies to keep the cost of fuel in the US lower than it should, we can do that. If you want to continue to patronize me, you an do that as well.

I know you're a educated guy and all, but that doesn't make you necessarily better informed on every subject you choose to discuss on these forums.

Now, HT, again, please let me if you would like to wager on what I said and whether or not it is wrong.

J

joeybagadonuts

Also, I don't believe anyone has any more right to anything. I believe in a true meritocracy in all aspects of business. I know this is just a pipe dream bc of things like racism, nepotism, bias based on education, etc but its what I believe in.

I actually love traveling to other countries and even love spending time in Europe. I can still make jokes about it, just like I can poke fun at America.

scrimmage

I actually wrote a paper on cognitive dissonance in college, not related the subject matter you proposed, but rather on actors in Hollywood and their political views.

I will see if I can find it.

Now, if you want to discuss what I said was wrong w/r/t the US Govt subsidizing energy companies to keep the cost of fuel in the US lower than it should, we can do that. If you want to continue to patronize me, you an do that as well.

I know you're a educated guy and all, but that doesn't make you necessarily better informed on every subject you choose to discuss on these forums.

Now, HT, again, please let me if you would like to wager on what I said and whether or not it is wrong.
You needed one more paragraph in this post JBaD to fulfill Knick Knack Paddy Whack's requirement,but in your defense,you did follow up with 2 more paragraphs in a succeeding post which technically got you over the top.

Cognitve dissonance isn't exclusively an American trait, Correct. CD can be caused by a mind in turmoil . Cognitive dissonance IS a mind in turmoil due to religion,politics,ethics,business,personal problems,individual pyschology and a myriad host of other issues. Very partially true. Cognitive dissonance is a state of mental turmoil, or dissonance, when strongly held beliefs are confronted by contradicting facts and a very reasonable argument based on those facts which destroys or degrades the strongly held beliefs.

In the business world, we have something called escalation of commitment, which is a phenomena observed when people in possession of clear evidence that a previous decision is wrong, will continue to argue for, and implement, the wrong decision with an even greater commitment. I think escalation of commitment is a symptom or form of cognitive dissonance.

Attributing CD solely to average Americans is unfair because citizens of other nations have the same internal conflicts too.Admittedly citizens of the U.S. have to deal with more contradictions than most,and while this isn't an excuse many in the same circumstance would be wracked with similar mind storms. Excellent.
"Average" Americans are as defensive as anyone else when being criticized,that's why they're average and those from other countries are too,it takes the ability to rationalize and go beyond the ordinary to simply brush off unconstructive opinion,while being able to accept truth and adjust accordingly. Very good. It implies that such dissonance can result in personal improvement and new beliefs. That is not true for all, however. See Joey and his flag waving, for instance.
Many American's do believe in a God given right to dominate the rest of the world,and this is troubling as while this has been been the case in the recent past,it can't and won't continue, limits will be reached,and a new level of lifestyle that's sustainable will have to be implemented. That is very true and would seem to be the way things should go. The fear is that America will go on to kill whoever it needs to kill to ensure that it has access to other nations resources, i.e. mankind will not share for the benefit of mankind, but resources will be seized at the point of a gun, and those not killed by the guns will die from lack of essential resources. The country most at risk in that view is Canada, which controls much of America's future water and oil supply.
America has a further decline in store than most other nations and the transition to a lower energy profile won't be easy,but it will be required either voluntarily,or by force,habits will need to change. By force? Hence the new Obama doctrine that the President of the US can, without trial, order the murder of American citizens?
America can continue on its present course,to try and secure energy and resources worldwide,but the contradictions of doing so will ultimately outweigh the benefits of doing so.and make the endgame harder.

I'd give that 85/100, maybe even 90. You definitely do not suffer from cognitive dissonance.

I don't have time to mark Joey's and he didn't actually answer the question. I'm not sure if he simply isn't capable of seeing the broad picture and prefers to focus on more or less personal anecdotal evidence to support what he says. Things have been good for Joey, therefore things are good. I remember him saying that in support of the idiot.

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

Joey bag of Bollocks went to College :lolxmas sort of confirms this thread:lock:

Cognitive matters happens to be one of my Hobbies due to living with Her in Doors for the last 30 years :shoot: Joaquin Fuster is my main man in the Field :houra:cheers

Dammit. It"s time to blame piss-poor gambling decisions on "cognitive dissonance" Easier than saying, "I was wrong."

Some of you guys are really pieces of work in denial.