ARE AMERICANS THICKER THAN OTHERS

WINBET

EOG Dedicated
Re: ARE AMERICANS THICKER THAN OTHERS

Dammit. It"s time to blame piss-poor gambling decisions on "cognitive dissonance" Easier than saying, "I was wrong."

Some of you guys are really pieces of work in denial.

Jeff, now I'm part of the Vegas gang and friends with OSU when can we have a skype meal together. I have the lobster waiting in the freezer. :pop: :cheers

Dammit. It"s time to blame piss-poor gambling decisions on "cognitive dissonance" Easier than saying, "I was wrong."

No, Jeff, it is cognitive dissonance that stops you from saying "I was wrong".

Cognitive dissonance has nothing to do with gambling. It has to do with beliefs. If you've got 9 high and the other guy shows 3 7's, you've lost. You don't keep believing that 9 high is a winner.

Believing the US is the greatest country on earth is a different story. There is no objective standard to determine that issue by, and nobody else on earth in any other country on earth would give a fuck about any claim like that, so Americans are not presented with as stark a choice as a 9 against 3 7s, so they continue to make the claim in the face of overwhelming evidence it isn't true, and cognitive dissonance emerges. I should say some Americans. I'm sure the great majority of Americans either don't believe, or don't give a fuck whether, the US is the greatest country on earth. "Surrender monkeys" I think you call them down there.

They are happy enough they don't have to speak Vietnamese now, and that in itself shows what napalm can accomplish.

J

joeybagadonuts

Paddy, can you tell us what the 'greatest county' on earth is in your eyes, and why?

When I say that US is the best, I can only base that on the 12 other countries I have visited thus far in my life and what I have read and been told about other countries I haven't had the pleasure of visiting.

I really do hope to find one I think is even on the same level as the US. I would say for me, Spain was the closest I've found to a place I think I could live and be happy. Once again, I know I am basing this on my own empirical experiences and that of others like me (ie my friend, family, etc) and that may seem close minded, but who else would I listen to? A guy on the internet who claims I am wrong? Wouldn't that make me even more ignorant?

:+clueless

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

Paddy, can you tell us what the 'greatest county' on earth is in your eyes, and why?

When I say that US is the best, I can only base that on the 12 other countries I have visited thus far in my life and what I have read and been told about other countries I haven't had the pleasure of visiting.

I really do hope to find one I think is even on the same level as the US. I would say for me, Spain was the closest I've found to a place I think I could live and be happy. Once again, I know I am basing this on my own empirical experiences and that of others like me (ie my friend, family, etc) and that may seem close minded, but who else would I listen to? A guy on the internet who claims I am wrong? Wouldn't that make me even more ignorant?

Empirical experiences. :lolxmas of others. :lolxmas talk about digging a hole ( or should that be whole) :cheers

J

joeybagadonuts

Empirical experiences. :lolxmas of others. :lolxmas talk about digging a hole ( or should that be whole) :cheers

Huh? You fail at reading. I said "my emprirical experiences and those of others" Meaning my experiences (empirical) and those of other experiences of others (their experiences)

You can barely form a sentence, pal.

Should I go back and point out all your gramatical and spelling errors? They're in basically every post you make it, so it shouldn't be too hard.

No, Jeff, it is cognitive dissonance that stops you from saying "I was wrong".

Cognitive dissonance has nothing to do with gambling. It has to do with beliefs. If you've got 9 high and the other guy shows 3 7's, you've lost. You don't keep believing that 9 high is a winner.

Believing the US is the greatest country on earth is a different story. There is no objective standard to determine that issue by, and nobody else on earth in any other country on earth would give a fuck about any claim like that, so Americans are not presented with as stark a choice as a 9 against 3 7s, so they continue to make the claim in the face of overwhelming evidence it isn't true, and cognitive dissonance emerges. I should say some Americans. I'm sure the great majority of Americans either don't believe, or don't give a fuck whether, the US is the greatest country on earth. "Surrender monkeys" I think you call them down there.

They are happy enough they don't have to speak Vietnamese now, and that in itself shows what napalm can accomplish.

God, he writes nonsense.

Paddy, can you tell us what the 'greatest county' on earth is in your eyes, and why? I think it is only a very small portion of Americans who feel the need to create the ridiculous question of "What is the greatest country on earth" and then answer it. People in the real world have a lot more adult things to worry about than pumping hot air up their own asses by asking and answering this question. You may find this very hard to believe Joey, but I don't know of any other country where being the "greatest" comes within the 1000 most important things in anyone's life.

If you ask which is the most criminal country on earth, I expect the rest of the world would vote overwhelmingly for America.

Ummm....no, it wouldn't make you more ignorant. If that were the case, you would see every possible opportunity to gain insight and change your wrong ideas as one which made you "even more ignorant".

People sometimes claim I'm wrong, and sometimes they are right and I change. It would be an insane world if you felt the need to always be right was more important than to know the truth and go forward knowing it.

I feel inadequate engaging in this type of therapy. It was Brun who was the great psuedo psychiatrist of our family.

See above, you know, the stuff in red.

High Times

EOG Master

God, he writes nonsense.

So then

Are you jealous of him?

Stealing some of your thunder.

Seems to me you guys hate what he says because it might be correct, but it also seems to me that Paddy could careless what you guys post except when it's obviously bullshit.

Then he calls your bluff and you all fall apart.

Me I wouldn't go out of my way to try to prove something to the little kid group here, but Paddy has no problem doing it.

Good for him.

High Times

EOG Master

Huh? You fail at reading. I said "my emprirical experiences and those of others" Meaning my experiences (empirical) and those of other experiences of others (their experiences)

You can barely form a sentence, pal.

Should I go back and point out all your gramatical and spelling errors? They're in basically every post you make it, so it shouldn't be too hard.

What are you? A little child?

We are great! Yea ... We are great! Yea ...

Oh yea I forgot you are a child.

Sorry my bad

J

joeybagadonuts

Hey HT, how about telling me what I was wrong about?

Can you put down your bong long enough for that?

:doh1

God, he writes nonsense.

Right then, Jeff. Let's have some details on exactly what the nonsense is.

Thanks. We all look forward to your response.

Make a list. That works best, and concentrates the thought process. Be sure to use footnotes when quoting other sources.