Detroit Lions 2023 Season Thread

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Reminds me of Jeff Komlo. Made it onto America's Most Wanted. Either died in a car crash or faked his death.
As i have said before Dude, you are a goof but you do come up with some gems every once in awhile.

Forgot about Komlo. he was a ninth round pick of Detroit in 1979. He was the 3rd string QB that year but because of injury to first and second string he started 14 games that year and won 2 and lost 12.

As you said he made it on America's most wanted and fled to Greece. A few years later he died in a car crash in Greece.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I had a boy crush on him. I thought he was the bomb. I miss being blissfully ignorant. Watching his "highlights", candidate for worse and worse of all times.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I think Lions have a chance 1980-83 with Landry. Might have done enough to manage the offense and let Billy and the defense win. Who knows. Was also at the very end of his career. Might have been washed dry by then. Certainly when he was in his prime time.

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated
I'm usually good with names especially if they were a QB, RB or WR. For some reason I don't even remember the name Joe Reed or anything about him. I see he had 18 TD's and 31 interceptions. He must have seen a lot of action late in games or late in the year when his teams were out of contention.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
1979 was the Star Wars bar scene at QB. Even picked up some bum named Goldstein to start a game.

Last edited:

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated
I remember it's Jerry Golsteyn as I think he played for the NY Giants, a few NFL teams and even a USFL team or 2. He was one of the worst QB's to wear the #12 which was popular in 1970's through 1980's.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Imagine having this depth at QB:

Jeff Komlo
Joe Reed
Scott Hunter
Jerry goldfish Golsteyn

It's a miracle they won 2.

Last edited:

choslamshe

EOG Master
NFC Central could really be entertaining this year. Lions emergence last year, I think Love continues to take a step forward this year, and fresh excitement with young guns under centre in Chicago and Minny.