EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (MRBOWLING300 is our August contestant)

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
In almost every under i've played, i usually havent gotten out of the first without a run scored. Maddening. 3-0 Dodgers in the first, live total is 9.5 shaded to the over. It's early in this game, and I've held in before, but sure seems like I will need to prepare for a 30th play.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Ties are not your friend,might consider Cinn under their lineup is bad with multiple injuries,only question what SF would score. Cubs under might be ok circa has 7under,pinn no line,prob 6', 7 doesn't help.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Man I hope you hit it. Down 9 pins going into the 10th. This is the strike in the final frame that will ice it. Play 30. 2 of the last 3 cappers playing for it all on the last ay. They just got here in two separate ways.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Man I hope you hit it. Down 9 pins going into the 10th. This is the strike in the final frame that will ice it. Play 30. 2 of the last 3 cappers playing for it all on the last ay. They just got here in two separate ways.
2 years ago i came down to the final day and lost. For this time, sticking with the same strategy that's gotten me here. Thought i had a good play tonight, definate line edge but as we know, that doesnt always work out. I believe i will have that again with the final game. So it comes down to the final ball, strike needed to win and gain EOG imortality. This is the spot I want to be in.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
If sports betting were poker, this would be considered a "snap call."

Go Brewers!
Lol.....wanted to lock in decent overnight odds with a hot team sending a good pitcher to the mound. I think it closes beyond -110. We will not have to wait very long for a result either. Game time is 2.20p ET

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
What's your second-best sport, Keith?

Are your bowling skills transferable to other sports?

Shooting pool, specifically 9 ball. A lot of the same fundamentals of muscle memory, hand eye coordination, understanding angles, etc. I have a table at home, and try to get in at least 5 racks a day to stay tuned.

I never really cared for golf, but to be fair, never took it seriously. A lot of good bowlers also are good golfers.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Taking a 17-11 record into tonight, with the contest on the line, and ignoring JK's theory on this #, Play #29 is Arizona / Dodgers under 8.5 -109 at Pinnacle right now. Let's do this!

Final score: 9-1, Dodgers.

MB300 beat the number but not the game.

17-12

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
One note about the wind effect at Wrigley Field:

Some teams fail to see the urgency in scoring the game's first run when the wind is blowing in.

Managers must play the early innings like they are the late innings.

How about this strategy?

Instead of a starting pitcher or a so-called opener, why not start your closer in these situations and turn the game on its head?

For the Cubs today, it would be Alzolay starting with Merryweather handling the second inning and Leiter the third before turning over the game to Kyle Hendricks for six strong innings.

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I cannot believe I am posting this. JK has a great idea. I like it. Closers at the beginning, starter late. I would only do it for the playoffs, though. Would return starting pitchers to what they once did - finish games.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
One note about the wind effect at Wrigley Field:

Some teams fail to see the urgency in scoring the game's first run when the wind is blowing in.

Managers must play the early innings like they are the late innings.

How about this strategy?

Instead of a starting pitcher or a so-called opener, why not start your closer in these situations and turn the game on its head?

For the Cubs today, it would be Alzolay starting with Merriweather handling the second inning and Leiter the third before turning over the game to Kyle Hendriks for six strong innings.

JK, win or lose, just want to take a moment to say thank you for the opportunity and your friendship. August 2023 has been a blast. A shout out to BetDSI as well for putting up a dime each month for the taking. Hopefully, I can get the final strike for game, set, and match!!!!