Harbaugh gone at year's end to Michigan

blueline

EOG Master
Re: Harbaugh gone at year's end to Michigan

there are people on the airwaves in Chicago that are so sure it's a given he ends up at Michigan

ChuckyG

EOG Master

There's only one thing that might make sense (to me). Given the Aldon Smith and Ray McDonald cases, the Yorks might feel Harbaugh is too lenient on discipline of top players (in exchange for winning).

The Yorks can't question the results. If Harbaugh stays 5 more years, they'd win one or more Super Bowls. If they feel Harbaugh is going to damage the team name via discipline issues, then they might let him walk.

To just let him walk over a personality dispute is crazy. Hoke is on the hot-seat, for sure! Michigan brand name has fallen off. Shutout vs Not Dame was bad.

Who would want to coach in the big 10 anyway? Conference is a graveyard. Urban Meyer gotta be kicking himself going to OSU

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated

jimmy doesnt get along with the gm, and aparently his coaching methods running thin amongst the 49er veteran players.......he still has love for Michigan, his dad was a former asst coach there in ann arbor...

9ers players have tuned him out. It's tough on a team when you get right there but you can't win it all. He'll be great at Michigan and will probably stay for a long time. They will be a powerhouse with him there.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

How does the money compare? Wouldn't it be a lot less?

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

His demeanor is better suited for college, got Stanford back on track. Pencil in OSU vs. Michigan in Big Ten Championship game for about 7 of the next 10 yrs. They'll play BTB games, rendering the last regular season rivalry game meaningless in most instances.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

How does the money compare? Wouldn't it be a lot less?

Michigan can pay him more, he'll probably pay 4 million a year...500k salary, 1 million TV and radio, nike/camps and other endorsements another 2.5 million.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

His demeanor is better suited for college, got Stanford back on track. Pencil in OSU vs. Michigan in Big Ten Championship game for about 7 of the next 10 yrs. They'll play BTB games, rendering the last regular season rivalry game meaningless in most instances.
CT, I don't think that's possible. After they added the 2 teams, they split East/West. So Mich/OhioSt both on eastern half.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

He's been to the Super Bowl and didn't win and he's as competitive a guy as we've seen in coaching. I don't see him leaving the NFL anytime soon.

That said I wouldn't mind a bit if he left the NFL and went to go suck dick at Michigan. Andrew Luck at Stanford and a Top-3 defense in San Fran have made him look a lot smarter than he is. Putting his eggs in Kaepernick's basket was a huge career mistake, imo.

railbird

EOG Master

He won the superbowl, but a quota hire black ref ignored a game winning PI

railbird

EOG Master

He went 21-2 at Sandiego university.

Best winning ATS coach of all time. Best winning PCT in Sandiego,Stanford, and 49er history. Best coach of all time. GM is a punk.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

NFL isn't for everyone but Harbaugh has proven himself there and in college.....great football intelligence and mindset......

Just Luck

EOG Dedicated

Michigan can pay him more, he'll probably pay 4 million a year...500k salary, 1 million TV and radio, nike/camps and other endorsements another 2.5 million.
Harbaugh is entering the fourth year of a five-year contract. He is being paid a base of $5 million per year and that would probably go up with a new contract.

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated

Harbaugh probably goes to the Dolphins for 8M a year. Stephen Ross the owner of the Dolphins already tried to lure him once. This time he'll land him.

Bigbill365

Banned

harboughs used to go to a highschool in the ann arbor area i was just down there this saturday hangingout by the bighouse on gameday.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

If true...it's every Michigan State Spartans worst nightmare. There has always been speculation on this....but it's just rumors....no real truth to it at this point.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

There was even talk back in 2010 that Harbaugh was coming to Michigan to replaced Rich Rod....and that never came to be.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

never seen anything from which indicates something above mediocre.

clearly personality wise from his idiotic sideline antics he is a huge complete whiny asshole

worn out his welcome in SF

His personality is great for recruiting, proven track record. He's gonna be able to flaunt his nfl coaching to kids saying he can prepare them for the NFL. He will tell QBs what he did for Luck and Kap. He could make Mich into a real contender again. Only reason to go there is if they make an offer he can't refuse.

I don't know if it really worth it to coach in college anymore, too much stress with violations and sanctions. Coach takes all the heat.

Look at the Ray Rice situation, John Harbaugh's name was never brought up. Front office has to deal with all that nonsense.

I don't know if it really worth it to coach in college anymore, too much stress with violations and sanctions. Coach takes all the heat.

Look at the Ray Rice situation, John Harbaugh's name was never brought up. Front office has to deal with all that nonsense.

The college season is a lot longer too with recruiting in the off season and flying across the county all week to meet new recruits.

rjt721

EOG Master

Hoke's not even a coach. Doesn't wear a headset on game day. Nussmeier runs the offense. Mattison (great coach) handles the defense. Hoke just stands on the sideline thinking about food. It's embarrassing.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

which.coach did scUM fans rave about more upon arrival? Rich Rod or Hoke. Both were the greatest hire ever. :LMAO

Now the news is he might be traded to another team

Crazy that the Niners are 99% likely going to get rid of a top 10 coach

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I had forgotten about this thread, but I appreciate the bump because it makes me look smart.