LIV Golf

mr merlin

EOG Master
LIV just announced that no Trump courses will appear on the 2024 LIV tour…wonder why?
Not sure why, but the important thing is it appears nothing will change next year - LIV will co exist.

Apparently they are going up against bigger PGA events, I'm not sure that's wise but it is interesting.

I barely watched last weekends event with football going on. I saw bryson won.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Brooks Koepka just told his LIV buddies to play better if they want to play in a Ryder Cup…I’m sure that will go over big in LIV Land…

mr merlin

EOG Master
Brooks Koepka just told his LIV buddies to play better if they want to play in a Ryder Cup…I’m sure that will go over big in LIV Land…
I saw that, he's right, except for that fact that most of the team besides him didn't play all that well. So if you play great they'll have to take you, if you dont they'll take a guy like justin thomas who played like shit.

My only feelings about the ryder cup is I hope we lose.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I'm watching the LIV tourney in saudi arabia, this is for the huge season ending money - the winner gets something like $18 million. I dont see any fans at all(perhaps a few), maybe due to the war in gaza but what's the point of having a tourney in saudi arabia if there's almost no one there?

railbird

EOG Master
I'm watching the LIV tourney in saudi arabia, this is for the huge season ending money - the winner gets something like $18 million. I dont see any fans at all(perhaps a few), maybe due to the war in gaza but what's the point of having a tourney in saudi arabia if there's almost no one there?
always a sparse crowd in middle east

mr merlin

EOG Master
Brooks says his team is playing one man short….he is taking another shot at his teammate Matthew Wolfe….
Wollf with another terrible performance this week, apparently he's got mental problems, some weeks he tries, plays good and all is well, but most of the time he's moody and indifferent.

Cant have that in a team mate, he belongs on the PGA tour where each golfer is an island.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The winner of the season long points contest gets $18 million, with $8 million to 2nd, 4 to 3rd. I think next week(or the week after) the team competition is decided with more money dropped from the skies. That's not too shabby.

mr merlin

EOG Master
LIV players traded bonus points for cold cash…they will miss many Major Tournaments down the road…
The saudi's need to adjust their methods, instead of trying to buy their way into control of the PGA tour through this supposed merger, they should buy a TV network - such as the golf channel, then force LIV on the air.

As far as missing majors goes, there's trade offs in everything in life, they apparently love the team format and the tournament format. I honestly dont understand the idea that golfers need to be motivated by non money factors when there's not a player in any other sport that is. baseball, football, BB players constantly take the most money even though they know their chance of winning a championship are low.

I respect the players pursuit for what's best for them, I dont respect the rest of the golf establishments attempts to punish any actions that threaten their little kingdom, it's cynical and petty.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I am talking about playing in both tours.
None of that has been worked out yet, for instance originally there was talk that LIV was possibly going to go away because the governing board will be majority controlled by anti liv people. Yet the LIV tour sure is talking and acting like they're going nowhere.

As of now nothing is decided or firm.

Taylor Gooch made $34 million this year, in his previous 8 something yrs on the pga tour I think I read he made less than $10 million total.(might have been 15)

I had heard that more PGA players want to go to LIV and have been waiting for the end of the season where they will dump at least a few, supposedly several are well known, we'll see if that happens.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

mr merlin

EOG Master
Would be surprised at those two….would you wager on those two joining?
I've heard those 2, cant imagine rahm would, others mentioned were jason day(he's kind of washed up) others were sheffler, cameron young,hideki, maybe even speith.

This weekend is the seasons end so things should move quickly, one way or another we'll prob know in a month or so.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
On greatest shot, they rig greens to funnel ball in for these showtime rounds and tournaments. For LIV getting Rahmbo, this spells the end of the PGA as we know it. Similar to NCAA.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Congratulations, mikey. You finally win. Was PGA suicide more than LIV murder but a trophy is a trophy is a trophy.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
There is no reason for any top PGA player to remain loyal and the PGA has irreconcilabley alienated the non top players so they have 0 loyalty.