MLB Hot Stove 2024

Valuist

EOG Master
So the Dodgers have landed Ohtani, the new guy from Japan, and traded for Glasnow. And now they are possible frontrunners for Hader and Teoscar Hernandez. When will it end?

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
There is a luxury tax though. I think the Yankees have paid over 250 million in taxes for being over the cap in the past 20 years.

Valuist

EOG Master
So the Dodgers have landed Ohtani, the new guy from Japan, and traded for Glasnow. And now they are possible frontrunners for Hader and Teoscar Hernandez. When will it end?

It's now official re: Teoscar Hernandez signing with the Dodgers.

kane

EOG master
This didn't get any headlines since he didn't re-sign with the Yankees, Mets, or Dodgers, but IF he can stay healthy, the Reds signing of Frankie Montas could be a really good move by them, it's no secret they needed pitching help

Valuist

EOG Master
This didn't get any headlines since he didn't re-sign with the Yankees, Mets, or Dodgers, but IF he can stay healthy, the Reds signing of Frankie Montas could be a really good move by them, it's no secret they needed pitching help

Just keep him away from Skyline. He's on the portly side.

They at least made a signing. Divisional rivals the Cubs and Brewers have whiffed.

kane

EOG master
Just keep him away from Skyline. He's on the portly side.

They at least made a signing. Divisional rivals the Cubs and Brewers have whiffed.
Yeah, it's hard to believe the Cubs haven't done anything, still some good FA's out there, the Brewers being silent doesn't surprise me

Heim

EOG Master
Angels are in the mix for Snell. They're in the mix for everyone but nobody signs except a dud like Plesac

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Hill posted 2O24 mlb games won odds
dodgers 103
orioles 89.5
white sox 62.5
indians 75.5
twins 84.5
brewers 79
pirates74.5
braves 102
royals 72
rockies 62%
nationals 68
giaqnts 81.5
marlins 78
mariners 86.5
rangers 88.5
d backs 85.5
mets 83.5
A's 55.5
Cards 85
phils 89.5
angels 7
Ocubs 85.5
red sox 79
rays 83.5
tigers 79.5
blue jays 87
astros 89
yankees 91.5
padres 81.5
reds82.5

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Rhys Hoskins would be a good fit for the Cubs, I think he's still available
He has Boras representing, he won’t sign until Bellinger does. The Cubs won’t sign both as they have Crow-Armstrong for CF, Bellinger would ply 1B if they can resign him.

blueline

EOG Master
if I heard it correctly, on one of the end of the season assessments from a VSiN guest....the padres had off the charts bad baseball luck...might even have used the word historic

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Wait for the bidding war on Soto next year
Yanks, Mets, Blue Jays, Red Sox and Giants,all ready to give him a 13-14 year contract. I think the Mets owner wins.

Heim

EOG Master
Boras is a agent I want if I have huge upside and haven't reached my potential. I know Bellinger, Snell and Board have a history, however Bellinger has zero offers and I think Snell got a lowball offer from the Yankees. What happens as SP gets closer, these type of players end up signing one year deals, two at the most for a lot less money.

Is Boras their guy still?

What's reported is Boras wants a 9 year deal for 270 for Snell....that's not even negotiable.

I give Boras credit for his tenacity however, guy started out representing minor leaguers.

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
Wait for the bidding war on Soto next year
Yanks, Mets, Blue Jays, Red Sox and Giants,all ready to give him a 13-14 year contract. I think the Mets owner wins.

steve cohen is going with the kids . he said he wants to be in it for 2026

kane

EOG master
Burnes to Baltimore is a game changer, the one thing that young team needed was a stud pitcher, and they got a pretty good one, O's are now serious contenders

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Boras is a agent I want if I have huge upside and haven't reached my potential. I know Bellinger, Snell and Board have a history, however Bellinger has zero offers and I think Snell got a lowball offer from the Yankees. What happens as SP gets closer, these type of players end up signing one year deals, two at the most for a lot less money.

Is Boras their guy still?

What's reported is Boras wants a 9 year deal for 270 for Snell....that's not even negotiable.

I give Boras credit for his tenacity however, guy started out representing minor leaguers.
I think the Yankee offer was 5/$150 mil - a pretty fair offer that may be the best.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
Here's a very decent pitcher I'm surprised we haven't seen much more interest in
julio Urias
as best I can tell he is a free agent
whose legal problems have been resolved.
why next to no interest?

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
I think the Yankee offer was 5/$150 mil - a pretty fair offer that may be the best.

Yanks are a desperate organization. There used to be a huge gap between their payroll and the rest of the league. They had a huge advantage. Now, even though they still have a top 3 payroll every year, the gap has closed, and some teams have even passed them. They gave Rodon a huge contract, just traded for Sosa, I'm sure that dumpster fire Cashman will cave in to Boras and give Snell a 6-8 year contract.

MrTop

EOG Master
Yanks are a desperate organization. There used to be a huge gap between their payroll and the rest of the league. They had a huge advantage. Now, even though they still have a top 3 payroll every year, the gap has closed, and some teams have even passed them. They gave Rodon a huge contract, just traded for Sosa, I'm sure that dumpster fire Cashman will cave in to Boras and give Snell a 6-8 year contract.

cashman lost his mind years ago.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Burnes to Baltimore is a game changer, the one thing that young team needed was a stud pitcher, and they got a pretty good one, O's are now serious contenders
Even if it's a one year rental, still worth it. He is a top tier pitcher.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
If they sign Snell then confirmed mind loss.
Can’t believe he didn’t take Yanks offer.
Yanks are going to pay huge penalty if they sign him as they are over the 297 million luxury tax tier. So 30 million for Snell will cost them about 63 million with the penalty

Heim

EOG Master
I hope Halos can land JD Martinez. They need someone to protect Trout in the lineup. Drury or Ward don't cut it.

Heim

EOG Master
Most teams have already built up their rosters. These four are going to have to scale back some of their demands.

I didn't realize Martinez is also a Boras client. Which explains why he's still unsigned.

Teams are saying Boras is really focused on Snell and is brushing off any negotiable offers on the other 3.

Valuist

EOG Master
Saw an article recently asking why are these players not signed? How blind can one be? Anyone who asks that knows nothing about Boras.