Official 2007 "American Idol" Chatter Thread

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Yeah, yeah, i know you guys just couldnt wait for American Idol to start again...but for those of us who are fans of the show, it seems like its been forever since Taylor took the title...For 3 straight years now, i have predicted the winner from the top 24, and hope to do the same this year...

This show is not only entertaining to us fans, but also presents alot of interesting betting opportunities, to those that follow....

There is a 2 hour premeire tonight.....

Enjoy

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated
Re: Official 2007 "American Idol" Chatter Thread

Bucs, it doesnt start for me until they get to Hollywood at least. It was nice to see some talent at the auditions, but watching these idiots get their 5 min of fame gets real boring for me. Im sure I will watch it again this year, as its one of the few things we do watch together.

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

Bucs, I would rather have my fingernails pulled out than be forced to sit and watch American Idol. All I know is most of the winners seem to come from Alabama.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Bucs, I would rather have my fingernails pulled out than be forced to sit and watch American Idol. All I know is most of the winners seem to come from Alabama.

Yeah, i know its not for everyone Oscar, but I have to admit I'm a fan...

Just always have been...

But its not everyone's cup of tea, i know....

Seems one of those shows, where people either love it, or hate it, no in between......but it definitely gets talked about around the workplace where I'm at, you feel lost if u havent seen it.....

Luckily for you, there are lots of bball games on tonight too...

So u wont be bored...

good luck

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Oh yeah, tonights show will be #1 in next weeks ratings, you can almost count on it....if not, definitely top 5...

When they actually have the top 12 in Hollywood, then its #1 every week....followed by CSI, Desperate Housewives, Greys Anatomy

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I always think i have seen everything, but then someone else comes in..

this fool Jessie, really thinks he can sing...gets mad, sings 3 songs, then complaining that the judges need to be fired, cuz they cant tell who can sing.......

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

They really need to give this show a break for at least a year & let the talent pool build again.......

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

By the way, Jewel is gorgeous.......

I THINK I COULD MAKE THE COWBOY DUDE FAMOUS...

NOT RICH.... JUST FAMOUS....:hung

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Big Kat to put out CD. It sounds fucking horrible. She is good at the old-time stuff but wants to sing pop crap like justin timberlake and nelly furtado aimed at stupid 20 year olds.

Idol? alum McPhee cuts CD, and expectations
Runner-up?s hurry-up album teaches her the art of compromise

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px"> Chris Pizzello / Reuters
The first single from Katharine McPhee's new album was to hit U.S. radio outlets Jan. 15.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16252945/displaymode/1176/rstry/16655102/
<SCRIPT>var hasRelatedPhotos = 'false';if (hasRelatedPhotos=='true'){var vRPL = document.getElementById("viewRelatedPhotosLink");if (vRPL!=undefined) vRPL.style.display = "";var vLRPG = document.getElementById("linkRelatedPhotos");var vLIRPG = document.getElementById("linkImgRelatedPhotos");if (vLRPG) {if(vLIRPG) vLIRPG.href=vLRPG.href;}}</SCRIPT></TD><TD width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>By Jonathan Cohen

Billboard
Updated: 11:56 a.m. PT Jan 16, 2007
<SCRIPT language=javascript> function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,((''.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('633045741777270000');</SCRIPT>

LOS ANGELES - When 2006 ?American Idol? runner-up Katharine McPhee rushed off the road and into the studio last fall to begin working on her debut album, she quickly realized the art of the compromise.

Indeed, while some tracks for the self-titled set, due Jan. 30 via RCA, were fully formed demos from veteran songwriters, others were crafted with McPhee?s input from the ground up by Timbaland sideman Nate ?Danja? Hills, Babyface and Kara DioGuardi.

McPhee fell particularly in love with two tracks from producer Ryan Leslie, but they wound up not making the cut. ?I?m learning that?s the way it goes in this business,? she says. ?You give and you take.?

Due to McPhee?s post-?Idol? touring commitments, RCA hasn?t had much setup time for the project; the first single, ?Over It,? was to hit U.S. radio outlets Jan. 15.
?We basically had two or three months to go from start to zero and make a complete album,? RCA Music Group senior VP of A&R Steve Ferrera says. ?It?s not like a normal artist signing, where you develop them, find the material and refine as you go. Because of the momentum of ?Idol,? we had to get this thing out.?
In contrast to ?Idol? stars like Bo Bice and Taylor Hicks who had already spent years pursuing a music career, McPhee?s prior experience was limited to musical theater. Once in album-making mode, she also struggled with putting her own stamp on material that was already written.

<TABLE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SCRIPT>getCSS("3053751")</SCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>?The demos, it?s so hard once you hear whoever is singing to get that out of your head, especially for me, being new to recording,? McPhee says. Being able to craft songs with outside collaborators generated ?the memory of where we were when we were writing the song. There?s a kind of history behind it.?

That said, McPhee and Ferrera say they?re thrilled with the finished product, which they both describe as a ?rhythm pop album.?

?One of the first things I asked her was, ?What?s on your iPod?? ? Ferrera says. ?She said, ?I?m 22 years old. I want to make a record kids my own age will want to listen to, ? la Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, Nelly Furtado and Fergie.? We set out to make a record that had those components to it, and also a few really big ballads like she sang on the show.?

Ferrera is now drafting a live band for McPhee in advance of a busy slate of TV performances this month. Meanwhile, McPhee is taking a proactive approach to her fan base, even personally responding to friends who have signed up on her MySpace page. ?Little things like that make the difference to fans, and they love it,? she says.

Oh yeah, tonights show will be #1 in next weeks ratings, you can almost count on it....if not, definitely top 5...

When they actually have the top 12 in Hollywood, then its #1 every week....followed by CSI, Desperate Housewives, Greys Anatomy

They killed everyone in lasts night TV ratings

'Idol' Death Star Returns

Premiere ratings build on last year's ginormous numbers

<!-- content:check property="titleline"><span class="titleline">Zap2It.com</content:check -->January 17, 2007
<!-- span class="date">Last Modified January 17 2007, 9:08 AM PST --><!-- content:modified-within minutes="30"></content:modified-within -->
Simon Cowell

Fast National ratings for Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2007

"American Idol" defied the natural order of things yet again Tuesday, as its season premiere was even bigger than last year's.

FOX utterly dominated the night's ratings with a 20.3 rating/30 share in households; the 37.3 million who watched the two-hour premiere was up over last year's 35.5 million. CBS was the best of the rest at 7.8/12, followed by NBC at 6.5/10. ABC, 4.6/7, came in fourth, while The CW trailed with a meager 1.1/2.

In the adults 18-49 demographic, FOX's 15.7 rating was miles better than even the combined total of the other four networks. CBS, 3.2, was a distant second, with NBC in third at 2.9. ABC averaged 2.1 and The CW only 0.6.

The first hour of "American Idol" delivered an 18.8/28 at 8 p.m. The relatively "Idol"-proof "NCIS" scored a 10.2/15 for CBS. NBC took third with "Dateline," 4.9/7. ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos" was fourth, topping a "Gilmore Girls" repeat on The CW.

At 9 p.m., "Idol" increased to 21.3/32, topping 41 million viewers in its final half-hour. CBS stayed in second with "The Unit," 7.6/11. A rerun of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" drew a 5.5/8 for NBC. A second hour of "Home Videos," 3.8/6, kept ABC in fourth. The CW aired a "Veronica Mars" rerun.

With FOX done for the night, NBC won the 10 p.m. hour with "Law & Order: SVU," 9.2/15. "Boston Legal" posted a 6.4/10 for ABC, beating out CBS' "48 Hours Mystery," 5.6/9.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

They killed everyone in lasts night TV ratings

'Idol' Death Star Returns

Premiere ratings build on last year's ginormous numbers

<!-- content:check property="titleline"><span class="titleline">Zap2It.com</content:check -->January 17, 2007
<!-- span class="date">Last Modified January 17 2007, 9:08 AM PST --><!-- content:modified-within minutes="30"></content:modified-within -->
Simon Cowell

Fast National ratings for Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2007

"American Idol" defied the natural order of things yet again Tuesday, as its season premiere was even bigger than last year's.

FOX utterly dominated the night's ratings with a 20.3 rating/30 share in households; the 37.3 million who watched the two-hour premiere was up over last year's 35.5 million. CBS was the best of the rest at 7.8/12, followed by NBC at 6.5/10. ABC, 4.6/7, came in fourth, while The CW trailed with a meager 1.1/2.

In the adults 18-49 demographic, FOX's 15.7 rating was miles better than even the combined total of the other four networks. CBS, 3.2, was a distant second, with NBC in third at 2.9. ABC averaged 2.1 and The CW only 0.6.

The first hour of "American Idol" delivered an 18.8/28 at 8 p.m. The relatively "Idol"-proof "NCIS" scored a 10.2/15 for CBS. NBC took third with "Dateline," 4.9/7. ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos" was fourth, topping a "Gilmore Girls" repeat on The CW.

At 9 p.m., "Idol" increased to 21.3/32, topping 41 million viewers in its final half-hour. CBS stayed in second with "The Unit," 7.6/11. A rerun of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" drew a 5.5/8 for NBC. A second hour of "Home Videos," 3.8/6, kept ABC in fourth. The CW aired a "Veronica Mars" rerun.

With FOX done for the night, NBC won the 10 p.m. hour with "Law & Order: SVU," 9.2/15. "Boston Legal" posted a 6.4/10 for ABC, beating out CBS' "48 Hours Mystery," 5.6/9.

:+signs8-3

Boston Legal was good last night as well...!!!

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

This is the worst group i have ever seen..

I think "Meisha" needs a bra.....:rolleyes:

This is the worst group i have ever seen..

I think "Meisha" needs a bra.....:rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing Bucs about a bra, absolutley terrible so far in Seattle, Minneapolis was not that great either the talent pool gets slimmer
every year but as long as they get ratings its here to stay.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I was thinking the same thing Bucs about a bra, absolutley terrible so far in Seattle, Minneapolis was not that great either the talent pool gets slimmer
every year but as long as they get ratings its here to stay.

Well actually it doesnt really matter how many "good" ones they find, as long as they find 12 real good ones, thats all the show needs...and every year so far, we have had a solid top 12..

mofome

Banned

i cant imagine reading this thread. u would expect such 'chatter' on a doogie howser forum.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I think Tony Romo had a better day in Seattle than some of these guys have had...

geesh, what a bunch of goons...

I havn't seen any top 12 material yet, except the small chance of the mixed girl at the end. Jordan something or another. She sang the Celine song. She has a fighters chance.

mofome

Banned

I havn't seen any top 12 material yet, except the small chance of the mixed girl at the end. Jordan something or another. She sang the Celine song. She has a fighters chance.

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

Both Minneapolis & Seattle were horrible. I think they're moving onto Birmingham, NYC & San Antonio next. I've actually felt kind of sick watching the first 2 shows. Makes me feel sad that our country is filled with so many pathetic, delusional people.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

We're finally in Hollywood, and the "real" auditions begin....

Hopefully we find the next Carrie Underwood soon....

Blizzard conditions in NW Ohio, NO AMERICAN IDOL ON (Due to weather I assume) and my woman is going APE SHIT!!!

Bump. The woman is still pissed. No V-Day action for dad tonight!:+crying-5

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

she didnt miss a whole lot tonight.....they showed more of the bad performances than anything else...

down to 56 people now they said...

once again, many forgot the words during the group competition...you would think they would learn...happens every year..

she didnt miss a whole lot tonight.....they showed more of the bad performances than anything else...

down to 56 people now they said...

once again, many forgot the words during the group competition...you would think they would learn...happens every year..

Thanks BucsFan. Appreciate the update. May be my ticket to:+oneofaki .

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Sadly, no one is blowing me away yet this year....usually by now, i can predict the winner...have been right 3 years in a row, from the 24....

but so far, i cant peg any winner...

I think Stephanie, is very solid, and liked Sundance, but he wasnt GREAT last night.....

no one else seems to be standing out...hopefully they continue to improve as it goes along..

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

OK...

10 more performances like that by Lakisha Jones, and u can declare her the NEXT AMERICAN IDOL...

That was amazing compared to what the others did....

But, she reminds me of Mandisa last year, who was very talented, but she didnt make it all the way..

LAKISHA JONES?

IM GUESSING SHES A WHITEGIRL?:+clueless <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_612951", true); </SCRIPT>

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Contest-wise, the White girls are in big trouble this year. They are hotter, though, alot hotter.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

well if accurate, then Lakisha won over a lot more people than just me last night.....

she was amazing..

Its pretty accurate bucs in fact FOX tried to have the site shut down at one time.And dialidol also predicted the Chris Daughtrey exited last year.

DialIdol

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DialIdol is both the name of a computer program for Microsoft Windows and its associated website that began tracking voting trends for American Idol contestants during the fourth season.

DialIdol sprang to prominence at the start of the fifth season. The program allows users to automatically vote for the American Idol candidates of their choice using their PC's modem. The program then reports back to the main website, which keeps track of the results based on which contestant has the most busy signals. It is based in Dallas, Texas.

Users can choose to vote equally for their chosen contestants, choose to keep certain candidates "safe" (by voting for their chosen contestant who is lowest ranked), or choose to keep certain contestants "unsafe" (by voting for the lowest rank candidate who is not on their list).

In March 2006, they received a "cease and desist" order from Fox because they view the software as a potential spoiler, and the site was taken down temporarily. After consulting with lawyers and determining that what they were doing was legal, the website was put back up.

The program's developers estimate that using it to predict the results has about 85% accuracy. The accuracy climbed substantially when the formula for weighting the busy signal ratio was altered to reflect the U.S. population distribution (higher weight to East and West coast results than the rest of the country).

This formula was first put to the test on April 6, 2006; as a result, the newly-weighted results correctly predicted the bottom three contestants, in order, hours before the official results show. The correct prediction spawned national attention as a result.

By the middle of the season, the show's producers added additional phone lines for each contestant sooner than ever before in the show's history (final six). The DialIdol developers were successfully able to incorporate the additional lines into the overall calculations and released a new version of the software with a refined formula on May 9, 2006.

Following these changes, the site correctly predicted Chris Daughtry's elimination on May 10, 2006 as well as Elliott Yamin's elimination on May 17, 2006. In the final week of American Idol Season 5, DialIdol also predicted that Taylor Hicks would win over Katharine McPhee.

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DialIdol"