Post-race analysis of the Kentucky Derby

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Maximum Security remains undefeated with a wire-to-wire win in the Kentucky Derby.

Luis Saez with a masterful ride.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
OBJECTION.

Saez aboard Maximum Security swerved out dramatically at the head of the stretch.

Last edited:

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
These were my big bets:

Tacitus 10:1 (went 5:1)
Game Winner 8:1 (went 6:1)
Roadster 20:1 (went 11:1)
Omaha Beach 12:1 (was 4:1 and scratched)
War of Will 30:1 (went 16:1 and got cutoff)

Those were my big bets. Such terrible luck

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
We have a change in the order of finish.

The first-ever disqualification involving the first-place finisher (edit) in the history of the Kentucky Derby.

Valuist

EOG Master
Terrible decision. This wasn't an inquiry; it was a claim of foul. The 1 may have been fouled, but the rider didn't claim foul. The 20 was never bothered, and never should've been put up.

When I see it taking time, I'm thinking those corrupt bastards want to put Mott up. And they did.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
HORSE RACING DODGED A BULLET.

We could have seen a catastophic scene at the head of the stretch.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Maximum Security finished first and was placed 17th (edit) for interference at the head of the stretch.

Last edited:
Stupidest decision ever, why will average people want to watch or bet on racing when bullshit like this happens?

Next year why don't they have the horses all go out and run alone on the track and have these clown stewards watch and time each of them. Once all 20 have run the stewards can tell you who wins the Kentucky Derby. Because obviously the concept of deciding shit on the field doesn't apply to horse racing's biggest event

railbird

EOG Master
HORSE RACING DODGED A BULLET.

We could have seen a catastophic scene at the head of the stretch.

Its a bullshit sport, made possible by addcits. Greg Wry said many of those Santa Anita deaths are because vulnerable horses are entered for hope of death and an insurance claims

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
wow that was and still is crazy here. the track does nothing to describe what happened. they have a huge TV screen and it showing Twitter photos and cute things. incredible what an event

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Next year why don't they have the horses all go out and run alone on the track and have these clown stewards watch and time each of them. Once all 20 have run the stewards can tell you who wins the Kentucky Derby. Because obviously the concept of deciding shit on the field doesn't apply to horse racing's biggest event

Keep telling you people, replace horses with people, Would have been fun seeing all those jockeys run in the slop, no?

boston massacre

EOG Master
Just Like N.F.L, NBA, Officials on controversial calls.

They put you in a Dark Room, until the coast is clear.

You can't ask them with a microphone in front of them on National TV, about their decision.

Remember when Jim Gray stuck a microphone in front of Pete Rose on National TV, and asked " Pete, Did you bet on Baseball "

That's OK.

Just don't dear think about it when it comes to Professional Sports Officials.

eyeinthesky

EOG Member
If that hadn't been the Kentucky Derby, the dq would have been almost immediate. Great job by the rider to avoid a multi horse pile-up due to the lead horse drifting out in front of another; dq was an easy decision for all but the blind!

boston massacre

EOG Master
If that hadn't been the Kentucky Derby, the dq would have been almost immediate. Great job by the rider to avoid a multi horse pile-up due to the lead horse drifting out in front of another; dq was an easy decision for all but the blind!

Quick.

On a Wednesday Afternoon Claimer.

mr merlin

EOG Master
What a farce, i didn't even bet on it due to the rain, but I may never bet again on horseracing, how can you when they give the win to a horse that didn't deserve it. Leave it blank, give the next guy 2nd place money, etc.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Santa Anita stewards would have allowed the original result to stand.

And therein lies one of the many problems with the sport.

#Uniformity

When handle is off 10% next year I can't wait to hear them interview the officials so they can tell you they don't care about the money. But inside they will be firing everyone involved in this. Give the win to a horse only the owner and trainer would bet on is really going to f up the industry.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
When handle is off 10% next year I can't wait to hear them interview the officials so they can tell you they don't care about the money. But inside they will be firing everyone involved in this. Give the win to a horse only the owner and trainer would bet on is really going to f up the industry.

I’d be willing to bet handle isn’t down 10% next year.