Ryder Cup Is here....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
The USA has a stacked team this year....being played in France....

Star power vs the experience and commaraderie of the Europeans...

Anyone see a line yet? I expect the Americans should be a slight favorite of around -130....

mr merlin

EOG Master
Supposedly the euros have st up the course to take away the power game(narrow fairways, deep rough, we'll see.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Right up there with the Masters for watching for me. Love the Ryder Cup, seeing -160 US right now. Looking to bet the Euros in some foursome/ALT shot matches. Should be close.

E$

EOG Dedicated
Home field, or in this case home course advantage has become too much to overcome in this event.

Europe will win.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
U.S. has not won the Ryder Cup in Europe since the Belfry in 1993, 25 years ago.
Ray Floyd played for the U.S. team. Ray Floyd is 76 years old now.
It was a long time ago.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Line is now hovering around -130....

Where you at Railbird? I will take all your European action that you want....let me know...

Erie Pigskins

EOG Enthusiast
Friday morning matches

rose rahm -150 koepka/finau
dj Fowler -130 mcilroy oleson
spieth Thomas -165 Casey hatton
reed woods -120 Fleetwood molinari

nothing much jumps out at me - I could argue a case for either side in three of the four above matches. this really shows the depth available on the us roster.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
anyone know who’s televising in the states? Will it be live in the middle of the night or tape delay only?

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
ejd_5277;n7457714 said:
anyone know who’s televising in the states? Will it be live in the middle of the night or tape delay only?

Golfchannel live on Friday starting at 2 am EST, then Sat I think Golfchannel might have a little live, but bulk of coverage on NBC. Sunday singles think all on NBC.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Looking forward to 2 yrs from now, when it will be at Whlistling Straights. Going to try to Marshall so I can kick some Euro shots into Lake Michigan.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
ChiTownJoe;n7457771 said:
Looking forward to 2 yrs from now, when it will be at Whlistling Straights. Going to try to Marshall so I can kick some Euro shots into Lake Michigan.

That a boy Joe.....hahahaha

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
ChiTownJoe;n7457077 said:
Right up there with the Masters for watching for me. Love the Ryder Cup, seeing -160 US right now. Looking to bet the Euros in some foursome/ALT shot matches. Should be close.

Looking at 4-0 sweep, US might be down about 10-6 heading into singles, although doubt Bubba and Phil put a peg in the ground until Sunday which might help the US keep it closer. Spieth should be sitting too.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Furyk has Spieth playing 2 matches, while a guy who won 2 majors this year only played the morning session, very stupid.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
ChiTownJoe;n7457974 said:
Looking at 4-0 sweep, US might be down about 10-6 heading into singles, although doubt Bubba and Phil put a peg in the ground until Sunday which might help the US keep it closer. Spieth should be sitting too.

We should be co-captions...just said the same thing on another forum....

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Phil Mickelson is a liability.
Always bet against Phil in these team things.

Golf Digest summed it up as follows ... “A season of struggle off the tee – he ranked 192nd on the PGA Tour in driving accuracy out of 193 players – had to set off alarm bells, flashing red lights and NORAD’s early nuclear launch detection system.”

Erie Pigskins

EOG Enthusiast
ChiTownJoe;n7457977 said:
Furyk has Spieth playing 2 matches, while a guy who won 2 majors this year only played the morning session, very stupid.

There’s these blunders you mentioned as well as using a captains pick on Phil and sending Phil out in foursomes. The latter should have resulted in furyk being immediately stripped of captain role. I think Phil was 5 down after 6 today. Embarrassing.

E$

EOG Dedicated
E$13;n7457079 said:
Home field, or in this case home course advantage has become too much to overcome in this event.

Europe will win.

I guess I look pretty stupid now, I was way off

E$

EOG Dedicated
Viejo Dinosaur;n7458063 said:
I was the one laying the wood....

I don’t even know what this means.

My point is: He could have (and I’m sure did) get better odds at a sports book than what you were offering him.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
E$13;n7458155 said:

My point is: He could have (and I’m sure did) get better odds at a sports book than what you were offering him.

I was laying -135 and giving him a head to head NFL contest for 300 each....he refused my wager....I don’t care what he got with his PPH...(he doesn’t play at books)

railbird

EOG Master
E$13;n7458155 said:

true

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Pinnacle lines for Ryder Cup singles tonight/tomorrow.
Start Times are EDT.
Each side has 6 chalk and 6 dogs.
Phil is the highest odds.
[TABLE="cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0"]

Justin Thomas

Rory McIlroy

+110

Brooks Koepka

Paul Casey

+103

Webb Simpson

+140

Justin Rose

Tiger Woods

Jon Rahm

+101

Tony Finau

+132

Tommy Fleetwood

Dustin Johnson

Ian Poulter

+121

Thorbjorn Olesen

+167

Jordan Spieth

Rickie Fowler

Sergio Garcia

Phil Mickelson

+201

Francesco Molinari

Patrick Reed

+101

Tyrrell Hatton

Bubba Watson

+126

Henrik Stenson

Bryson DeChambeau

Alex Noren

[/TABLE]

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Almost Allright;n7458352 said:
A few mail it in efforts today by the good ole USA. Bubba Watson front and center.

Watson doesn't even want to be there. He would rather have the week off.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Jammer;n7458353 said:
Watson doesn't even want to be there. He would rather have the week off.

Yup, Watson always quits if a little bit goes wrong, tiger sucked, reed sucked, Phil should be kicked off the flight home, and how did you like Dechambeau, what a prick, not conceding a gimme put and then he looked pissed that Noren sank that long putt on the last hole.

E$

EOG Dedicated
Phil obviously shouldn’t have even been on the team.

Could argue Tiger shouldn’t have either.

Finau was the U.S. best player.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
mr merlin;n7458354 said:
Yup, Watson always quits if a little bit goes wrong, tiger sucked, reed sucked, Phil should be kicked off the flight home, and how did you like Dechambeau, what a prick, not conceding a gimme put and then he looked pissed that Noren sank that long putt on the last hole.

You are correct about Phil, except they should kick him off the plane enroute...lol

And good call on the course set up earlier n the thread....