Super Bowl LIII (Patriots v Rams)

Will the refs allow cornerbacks to mug the receivers OR will we see flags on the field for defensive holding and defensive pass interference?

Good question-I'm hoping for the crew they brought in for the LA/KC Monday night game. When someone hears something on the crew they bring in please post.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Where's the speed on NE? Only Patterson comes to mind so look for Belichek to utilize him on that fast surface. Have to look over on his props. As for Gronk, I would go under. Sunday was an outlier performance vs an awful defense. He's just had too many injuries and is a shell of what he once was.
I have the opposite opinion about gronk. This feels like the last game he is going to play as a patriot. He might retire or will be released. Either way he is playing his last game with brady. Yes the kc game was an outlier but McDaniels understood how poor the chiefs were in their matchups vs tight ends.

Well the rams finished the 2nd worst in the nfl in yards to tight ends. Gave up 1075 yards which was worse than the chiefs (1068).

I would also look at gronk scoring a td in this game. The horrible pick that brady threw last week was an attempt to gronk. I think they try a few times to get him in the box. I am guessing but I'd expect a 8/1 on this prop.

If gronks yardage prop is based on the season average I love the over.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
A big question in this game is who does the hoodie want to take away and is mcvay smart enough to see this during the game and attack somewhere else.

The cheetah and kelce were eliminated via scheme. Who is that this week.

Robert woods and cooks? Can you be scared of an rb that was cut by multiple teams this season?

Also remember that the rams run game vs the cowboys was super successful only because they were tipping their defensive stunts. That wont happen with the Patriots.

waco

EOG Dedicated
A friend of mine has Rams to win super at 20 to1. He bet it before the season started and hes dropping tix off with me to take to Vegas in case they win. Last year he won on Phil to win the Super Bowl. I have to ask him who the hell he likes next year. 8 days and counting. Waiting for Westgate props. I will drop some money off next Thursday because I have their APP.

kane

EOG master
A big question in this game is who does the hoodie want to take away and is mcvay smart enough to see this during the game and attack somewhere else.

The cheetah and kelce were eliminated via scheme. Who is that this week.

Robert woods and cooks? Can you be scared of an rb that was cut by multiple teams this season?

Also remember that the rams run game vs the cowboys was super successful only because they were tipping their defensive stunts. That wont happen with the Patriots.

I think the key to beating the Rams is slowing their running game, force Goff to beat you, any QB can make throws on first and ten, or second and short, but completing passes on third and long is what separates the greats, three separate times in OT Brady completed passes on third and long for first downs, force Goff into third and long and see if he's up to the challenge

kane

EOG master
I have the opposite opinion about gronk. This feels like the last game he is going to play as a patriot. He might retire or will be released. Either way he is playing his last game with brady. Yes the kc game was an outlier but McDaniels understood how poor the chiefs were in their matchups vs tight ends.

Well the rams finished the 2nd worst in the nfl in yards to tight ends. Gave up 1075 yards which was worse than the chiefs (1068).

I would also look at gronk scoring a td in this game. The horrible pick that brady threw last week was an attempt to gronk. I think they try a few times to get him in the box. I am guessing but I'd expect a 8/1 on this prop.

If gronks yardage prop is based on the season average I love the over.

To score the first TD, maybe, but to score anytime during the game 8/1 looks high to me

waco

EOG Dedicated
Jay just announced Westgate 400 props will be out tonight at 7pm pt. YES!! Money to be made!! damn 400 props!

Heim

EOG Master

Super Bowl 53 Betting Update
January 24, 2019
By Micah Roberts
VegasInsider.com

Update - Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019 - 2:45 p.m. ET

Boyd Gaming's local chain of Las Vegas books had all the risk they wanted on the Patriots from the first four days of Super Bowl 53 wagering and had to balance things out. Rather than mess around with the money-line to attract Rams money, on Thursday morning they made the bold move to get off of Patriots -2.5 -120 and move up to -3 EVEN.

Boyd is the second Las Vegas sports book to move up to -3. The South Point did it Tuesday and got enough action in 17 minutes to push them back down to -2.5. They use only flat numbers. Boyd book director Bob Scucci opened the game pick 'em on Sunday night and was at Patriots -2 within 40 minutes.

"We moved quickly as soon as we opened it," said Scucci. "Early indications have shown wise guys and the public are on the same side."

Scucci said his tickets counts are almost 3-to-1 in favor of the Patriots and he's taken multiple $25,000 wagers so far on the Patriots, but nothing too big yet.

"We had enough risk on the Patriots and I wanted to test the waters early to see if could get some Rams money and it's a little scary that since we went to -3 EVEN that we haven't seen anyone take the Rams (+3 -120)," he said.

waco

EOG Dedicated
The 420 props are on my Westgate mobile app. it gives me 9 days to what I want to bet on. Here are some :
MORE POINTS
ANTETOKNMPO +1/2
RAMS - 1/2

MORE POINTS
CURRY +1 1/2
NE - 1.5

MORE
CURRY FREE THROWS MISSED
GRONKS TD'S

MORE POINTS
DURANTE -2.5
GOFF'S COMPLETIONS +2.5

MORE:
LAL & GS +49
GOFF'S GROSS PASSING YDS -49

MORE
HARDENS PTS +9.5
LONGEST TD - 9.5

MORE
HARDENS FREE THROWS +2.5
RAMS 1ST HALF POINTS - 2.5

MORE
EMBIID POINTS +1/2
NE/LAR 1ST HALF POINTS -1/2

MORE
CELTICS POINTS +16.5
NE RUSHING YDS - 16.5

MORE
BIG EAST POINTS - 29.5
BRADY GROSS PASSING YDS +29.5

MORE
VILLANOVA -7.5
COOKS REC YDS +7.5

TIME TO WIN SOME MONEY

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
I’m playing 1h under definitely. I think the total is too high so will be looking at props mostly.

Math says rams but just like when the pats played the chargers I’ll trust my instincts and lay off.
I think Rams get their 2 backs going. Few short passes. Eat up a lot of clock. I think Rams defense shines.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Will the refs allow cornerbacks to mug the receivers OR will we see flags on the field for defensive holding and defensive pass interference?

Good question. My fear is after the Saints no-call debacle they will be hellbent on not missing another PI and call the game very tightly in the back.

MrTop

EOG Master
Romo says 28-24 final score in the bowl. Does not pick a team to win but says the team with 24 will have the ball last.

MrTop

EOG Master
He can’t pick a winner, he’s doing the game. That’s announcing 101

I did not know he was doing it. The info was from the daily news. I am not a fan of sports as much anymore. So little time is watching the games.

papa 5

EOG Veteran
it was 3 (-110 ) both sides @ WH. Naturally I was sleeping at the wheel and missed it.
It was there for two days, I couldn't believe it lasted that long. I grabbed the + 3 -110. I don't think you'll see it again. Now let's see if works out.

alldaycapper

EOG Veteran
1H total has moved from 28 to 27.5 overnight. Posted it was the only play I'm making. Glad I got the best number now just has to win.

blueline

EOG Master
Chicago radio this morning...Rams best play action team on offense....NE ranks near bottom play action defense

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I can see these teams feeling each other out for a while but it’s clear as day Goff is missing his security blanket on the outside. Clear as fucking day.

Old school vs new school on the field and on the sidelines.

It’s going to get crazy. McVay will have to take chances. Even though NE lost last Super Bowl they were a drive away and still put up an incredible amount of points. 2nd half will be fireworks...

Refs will play a role as wel. Unfortunately...

Heim

EOG Master
So I walk into a William Hill this morning to bet Rams +3. Money out clerk typing it in then looks up and says can't believe it....just moved to 2.5. Amazing they got all that volume on Rams two days before at 11 AM. Talk about bad market timing think it was '3' for five days.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
So I walk into a William Hill this morning to bet Rams +3. Money out clerk typing it in then looks up and says can't believe it....just moved to 2.5. Amazing they got all that volume on Rams two days before at 11 AM. Talk about bad market timing think it was '3' for five days.

I hate when that happens.

I got sabotaged yesterday when LeBron decided to play for the Lakers.

I had the Clips as a 4-point fave.

They closed a 2-point dog.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Nice to have relatives in NJ......Rams plus the three will get the cheese.....hopefully

The WH in Rhode Island is getting over 90% of bets on pats. Pretty crazy... talk about a huge position... they’ve been getting killed because of the pats and Celtics success over the last month. I’ve seen many 5 figure bets this week, and all have been on the home team.

DeadBishop

EOG Enthusiast
Where do you guys think the total will close at? Right now bookmaker has it 56.
I like the over but I’m ready to pull the trigger cause kinda think it will go up late.
But what the fuck do I know? Lol

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
One of those stories was confirmed to be a fraud Dead. Not sure if it was bettor x though.

That’s bullshit Heim. They should have given you the 3. It’s hard enough for us.

Valuist

EOG Master
Weather Channel making a big deal out of the dome, claiming it may be open for the game. I suspect they keep it open for pregame festivities, then close it before gametime.