Tonight's Debate?

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Since it's on during the Monday night NFL game, is there some fairly accurate source to see a percentage of people that would have watched had it not been on at the same time? I haven't checked the dates-times for the following debates.

nedrow9

EOG Master
Re: Tonight's Debate?

most wont even care about the 1st half on mnf vs this thing b/c of the medical aspect of it,with pip or2 tvs and radio no biggie imo

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

most wont even care about the 1st half on mnf vs this thing b/c of the medical aspect of it,with pip or2 tvs and radio no biggie imo

I'm sure that's a factor, but not certain about "most". The game is more of a regional tilt which will factor in... Personally, I will have to watch the debate(OCD), plus I don't trust the spin that will follow as to who "won". While my mind is made up and it won't change because of the debate, I am still able to focus on how it went with a clear head by watching it start to finish.. No 2 tv's for this old fart.

nedrow9

EOG Master

will prolly go off without a hitch but iam surprised how pumped I am for this , fuk mnf ha ha

yisman

EOG Master

There's no debate for me (in both meanings). MNF is far more important.

Here's to hoping the stress is too much for both of them.

rico1

EOG Master

Since it's on during the Monday night NFL game, is there some fairly accurate source to see a percentage of people that would have watched had it not been on at the same time? I haven't checked the dates-times for the following debates.

Looks like only one more debate goes head-to-head with the NFL: Sunday October 9, the second debate will face a premium SNF game, NYG @ GB.

rico1

EOG Master

The vice presidential debate is scheduled for October 4, and that is the night of the AL wild-card game.

rico1

EOG Master

Third and final debate is October 19 from Las Vegas. Game 4 of the NLCS and game 5 of the ALCS are scheduled for that day.

brians

EOG Dedicated

I'm conflicted. I don't know which product I hate more ... the NFL or Politics?

Sam Odom

EOG Master

Solid Polls show Independents moving to Trump -- Really bad news for Hillary

She needs a BIG win tonight

MrTop

EOG Master

I like Trump tonight in the 1st debate . Hillary coming off short days rest with the flu. The stats ( lies ) are pretty much even, Trump much older and has more lifetime winnings but Hillary has Big Banks on her side.The test here if Hillary can somehow delay the debate so Trump gets tired in the late rounds. Take Trump in this spot for 1.5 units.

MrTop

cheapseats

EOG Master

Evil hag is said to be allowed to wear an ear piece that is direct to her cronnies off stage-to force feed her answers they want, she is not capable of.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

To watch from a who won perspective, you have to put aside any feeling for either candidate and think like someone that is seeing and hearing both for the very first time. Forgetting the background of each person is critical for an objective opinion.

Valuist

EOG Master

The vice presidential debate is scheduled for October 4, and that is the night of the AL wild-card game.

I will watch the debate tonight. But the VP debate? That's must miss TV.

The onus is clearly on Trump tonight. Can he appear Presidential? Will he implode? If doesn't matter what Hillary does. If he implodes, she wins. If not, its his race to lose.

railbird

EOG Master

when Hillary is talking, ill change to it to the ball game, I will listen to President trump not Hillary.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Trump not very smart. I predict he'll try and showboat his way tonight and they'll shut him down and he'll cry the rules aren't fair.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Trump doesn't know how to debate....he will be speaking down to the audience with his 5th grade English...

Bushay

NHL Expert

Trump doesn't know how to debate....he will be speaking down to the audience with his 5th grade English...
Exactly...and this isn't a Trump rally with the whole crowd Trump supporters. If they fact check him correctly .....he's toast.

Valuist

EOG Master

Please :doh1

Running on the status quo can work if one is an incumbent. It doesn't work well with a newcomer, and a widely disliked newcomer. Her path to win is strictly based on him imploding, which is a possibility. If he doesn't implode, she won't get any of the undecided vote.

cheapseats

EOG Master

they say Lester is a Republican,I don't believe that for a second,he will trap Donald tonight and I have no doubt that Donald will fall for it

crooked hag and the posse have told lester to live fact-check trump or basically lose your status within the liberal media

ouch

EOG Dedicated

It is true; Hillary is a horrible candidate. Someone who is totally ethically challenged in multiple ways.

But the one thing she knows how to do is "debate." She is smart, and very savvy when it comes to discussing issues.

Meanwhile, Trump doesn't know his head from his ass when it comes to the issues. And 90 minutes is a long time to be standing there when all you know how to do is insult people. After all, he is not up against the 16 dwarfs he faced in the Republican race.

Look for Hillary to cut his nuts off tonight, and turn the momentum of the election her way once and for all.

And for good measure, walk across the stage when the debate is over, and pull that "thing" off of his head and wave it in triumph.

Gabe

Horse racing expert

9/26/16 7:38pm $62.50 $50.00 Pending 9/26/16 9:00pm Politics Other Sports 3318 Neither Candidate says: "San Bernardino" -125* vs Either Candidate says: "San Bernardino"

miggytoddbest

EOG Dedicated

You can say a lot of things about Trump but saying he is not smart is really not smart on your part.

He has used system and is rich as hell and married a hottie. Dumb people don't build financial empires despite how you feel personally about him. Dumb people are not one of two people to become the next President.

Saying Trump is not smart is simply a hater of the man making a ridiculous statement

Valuist

EOG Master

Trump just didn't seem prepared. He started ok but did not finish well. He's going to need to step up his game in round 2.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Trump just didn't seem prepared. He started ok but did not finish well. He's going to need to step up his game in round 2.

Perhaps, but how many people do you think stayed around for the whole debate? I bet 2/3 stopped watching after awhile.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Yup. EVERY Trump,supporter and 1/2 the Hillary supporters.

Just sayin, if trump was weaker at the end, a lot of people prob didn't see it. Other than the obviously slanted panels of "undecideds", I dont see any evidence that a majority of viewers think clinton won.

howid

EOG Dedicated

looks like unanimous trump decision, drudge huge, time and cnbc large margin of victory.

Bigrunner

EOG Master

Just sayin, if trump was weaker at the end, a lot of people prob didn't see it. Other than the obviously slanted panels of "undecideds", I dont see any evidence that a majority of viewers think clinton won.

What are you saying? Forget that? Who do you think won the debate?