Who has the best EOG team?

Timetopay

EOG Master
Re: Who has the best EOG team?

Tripp- I know where you are going with it but just cant trade a must start for a couple guys who are good but with all my pitchers will be in half the time for matchups.

Let me look it over and counter

tripp

EOG Master

cant do that one ttp. if im trading jair, or aj i need at least one pitcher back i really like (not saying for sure stud status, but at least someone i'd feel comfortable starting almost every week as i dont have many options), and pinero doesn't fit that mold.

like Wells, but he is likely just a good OF3.

Timetopay

EOG Master

the probem is Tripper is to give a pitcher in same class that dont make sense to then add a bat.

you wont trade a big bat so options are very limited. Raja Davis/Morgan and Jair for someone

tripp

EOG Master

yeah not looking for any huge (well the offer for haren was big, but it was jair and aj for him)

would changing to johan instead of haren help? i like haren more obviously, but would take johan in that deal also if it makes a difference

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Wow tripp not at all what I was looking for, but you got me interested. Leave that up for a little and let me think about it. That's a tempting, tempting, trade.

tripp

EOG Master

i agree. gonna be tough for any of you fuckers to be able to handle joba starting all year.

i dont even give a fuck if he's in the pen, only thing stopping joba is a bunch of faggot gnats:finger004

J

joeybagadonuts

I think I like that deal, TH.

The lesser piece would make good trade bait for Chute...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

One rule I forgot to remind you guys of, but we'll forget by the time it comes around.

1. You have to declare all your keepers before the draft order is decided. It's a rule that people commonly forget about, and then the guys at the front of the draft can drop a guy they think they will still be able to get.

Im going to have to quit my job. Took me 2 hours to catch up on the soap opera that is timely.

Can you imagine what it is going to be like when they actually play baseball?

Tuckman

Uh Poster

One rule I forgot to remind you guys of, but we'll forget by the time it comes around.

1. You have to declare all your keepers before the draft order is decided. It's a rule that people commonly forget about, and then the guys at the front of the draft can drop a guy they think they will still be able to get.

the draft order from here on out will go backwards from the previous years standings.. whoever wins the league will now be drafting 12th, 2nd place will be 11th and so on..

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I think I like that deal, TH.

The lesser piece would make good trade bait for Chute...

I'll text you when I get home. Only problem is it's not at all what we we're looking for.

Also, as Tuck said, there's no such thing as trade bait for Chute.

It makes us really deep in one place, but we were already deep there.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

We should probably figure something out with keepers then. It's just tough because if you come in last, and no you get the first pick, you can let your best player go and keep the next 5 guys.

tripp

EOG Master

Yeah they have to definitely be stated before the draft. I don't know if we're doing random order every year or reverse order, but neither matters to me. I'm okay with either.

And while we're on this topic, not everyone HAS to keep 5 guys, correct? Say there is someone I really want and he isn't being kept by the owner, I'm allowed to say just keep 1 pitcher instead of 2 and just get a draft pick before everyone else for my last keeper, right?

Tuckman

Uh Poster

u cant do random, say the guy who wins it gets the first pick, that there is an unfair advantage as he obviously won it for a reason..

reverse order from standings

Tuckman

Uh Poster

keepers need to be in 2 weeks before the draft starts so it gives everyone time to look over the player pool

tripp

EOG Master

just because he made 1 deal, doesnt mean he will make another before 2013

i actually think chute is trying to deal this year. who knows how many there will be, but he did make one finally and has inquired about others.

mofome

Banned

you keep 5 guys, you cant just pick up someone yoyo doesnt keep, those guys go into the draft.

selecting first is like having 6 keepers. wouldnt matter if you kept your top guy or not, you could just draft your 6th guy and have the same players, timely.

lol

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Yeah they have to definitely be stated before the draft. I don't know if we're doing random order every year or reverse order, but neither matters to me. I'm okay with either.

And while we're on this topic, not everyone HAS to keep 5 guys, correct? Say there is someone I really want and he isn't being kept by the owner, I'm allowed to say just keep 1 pitcher instead of 2 and just get a draft pick before everyone else for my last keeper, right?

absolutely not, everyone who is not kept goes directly into the draft pool and there will be no supplemental picks if u decide to not keep the 5, that is your choice if u want to or not, but u dont gain extra picks if u only keep 3 per say

tripp

EOG Master

We should probably figure something out with keepers then. It's just tough because if you come in last, and no you get the first pick, you can let your best player go and keep the next 5 guys.

then someone else that isn't keeping 5 guys could gram him.

also why would you let your best player go? why wouldn't you just keep your top 5 and take #6 with the first overall pick rather than keep 2-6 on your team and draft #1 with the pick?

im probably not understanding this right as it doesn't make a ton of sense to me

mofome

Banned

the only thing you guys may want to vote on is the keeper trade deadline. we will have one trade deadline, then we could allow people to make deals for keepers after the season, but obviously you couldnt get a keeper without giving something up. all that could be done are 2 for 1 type deals.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

u dont hafta keep 5, but it would be pretty stupid not to...say u kept 3, u would get the first 2 waiver claims after the draft is done (because u are 2 players behind everyone else)...again u would be stupid not to keep the 5 but its not mandatory...

mofome

Banned

it could not possibly be more simple.

you keep 5 guys. everyone else goes into the draft. thats it.

mofome

Banned

u dont hafta keep 5, but it would be pretty stupid not to...say u kept 3, u would get the first 2 waiver claims after the draft is done (because u are 2 players behind everyone else)...again u would be stupid not to keep the 5 but its not mandatory...

well if thats doable, thats doable. but yeah, thats not realistic.

tripp

EOG Master

alright just wanted to get that sorted as most keepers im in have the choice of whether you want your guys or if your team is just complete balls you can keep nobody and just get the first whatever number picks of the remaining pool that wasn't kept.

don't care either way just wanted to know for sure