Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
USA has the most cases now!!! YAHOO!!

You must be deliriously happy Bushay, CONGRATS dude!!!!!!

A day to party!!!!! A great day for Trump haters, more people are dying in American than anywhere else!!!!!

YES!!!!!!

SCOREBOARD bitch!!!!

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Let me ask you a question Heisenberg....

What's the point in glorifying every mistake? What's the rush? Why is this so important to do now?

What's the benefit of obsessing over every sentence, every opinion, every bit of data you can find and turning it into an offensive against POTUS and the people fighting this thing?

Why not be encouraging, try and help people if you can, if not be supportive for the powers that be and everyone else that is or could be affected?

Not a loaded question, I'm genuinely curious. I can see people in the media or who make a living doing this crap, why every day citizens?

And then after we finally get a handle on this thing, you guys can then politicize every move and present your case for what a hero/buffoon our President is?

Right now we're in the fight of our life?

We're burying people, trying to save generations of Americans, trying to save the economy and this nation yet people are focused ALREADY on who to blame from the other side.......

I just don't get it, hope I never get it. It's unreal how ate up some of your people are.

Patrick....I can ask the same question to the President....why can’t he reach out to the left and ask for help and advice? He has to realize that Americans are in it together....all lives matter!
Put some political views aside and get your act together Mr President....try some leadership....

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Patrick....I can ask the same question to the President....why can’t he reach out to the left and ask for help and advice? He has to realize that Americans are in it together....all lives matter!
Put some political views aside and get your act together Mr President....try some leadership....

So because the President isn't doing his job the way you judge he should, you think the response to that is root for people to die?

Celebrate it spreading, celebrate deaths?

We'll agree to disagree.

Adding more:

166 deaths per million Italy.
128 deaths per million Spain.
37 Netherlands
35 France
31 Switzerland
30 Belgium
15 UK
11 Denmark
10 Portugal
10 Sweden
8 Austria
7 US

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
This isn't an easy task. I'm positive he has made mistakes.

So to prove that point, to prove he hasn't managed this thing perfectly, we should root for people to die?

We should celebrate it as Bushay is doing?

You do you man, I'll do me.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
So because the President isn't doing his job the way you judge he should, you think the response to that is root for people to die?

Celebrate it spreading, celebrate deaths?

We'll agree to disagree.
Nobody I know is celebrating deaths......that’s the excuse Fox News is using among their employees...

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Italy has been on lockdown since March 9. How are so many people getting the virus when there is so little contact? The incubation period is 2-14 days.
The upper half of the country was on lockdown before the lower part. The people were not obeying it either.

Nobody I know is celebrating deaths......that’s the excuse Fox News is using among their employees...
There are some posters who are ecstatic over this.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Italy has been on lockdown since March 9. How are so many people getting the virus when there is so little contact? The incubation period is 2-14 days.
The still live in cramped high density housing, they apparently mostly still go shopping every day(italians do that), and no one is wearing a mask. Their cases do seem to have stabilized somewhat, their deaths should start dropping in the next week or two...a little.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The still live in cramped high density housing, they apparently mostly still go shopping every day(italians do that), and no one is wearing a mask. Their cases do seem to have stabilized somewhat, their deaths should start dropping in the next week or two...a little.
Judging by this timeframe, very unlikely the US is open for business by Easter.

What's the point in glorifying every mistake? What's the rush? Why is this so important to do now?

What's the benefit of obsessing over every sentence, every opinion, every bit of data you can find and turning it into an offensive against POTUS and the people fighting this thing?

Why not be encouraging, try and help people if you can, if not be supportive for the powers that be and everyone else that is or could be affected?

Not a loaded question, I'm genuinely curious. I can see people in the media or who make a living doing this crap, why every day citizens?

And then after we finally get a handle on this thing, you guys can then politicize every move and present your case for what a hero/buffoon our President is?

We're burying people, trying to save generations of Americans, trying to save the economy and this nation yet people are focused ALREADY on who to blame from the other side.......

I just don't get it, hope I never get it. It's unreal how ate up some of your people are.

Patrick-I'd first like to respond by saying I've always respected your posts and the arguments you bring to the table. We've agreed on issues in the past and disagreed but I like how you normally bring well thought out and mature arguments. I will be the first to admit that sometimes I let my emotions get the best of me when debating topics I feel passionate about.

I don't think it's a matter of glorifying mistakes as much as pointing out negligence that is costing people their lives and and many livelihoods. I wish more people were much more vocal with complaints to the willful incompetence/negligence regarding this crisis because maybe the leaders would step it up a notch. People should always stand up to their governments and expect the best because the American people are the elected officials bosses whether we voted for them or not. Politicians have done a very effective job using propaganda to flip that concept on its back while taking advantage of us.

Flag sucking during times of crisis has gotten this country into trouble in the past. After 9/11 people were all gung ho to hand over many civil liberties for the mirage of “being kept safe”. The Afghanistan and Iraq wars were met without much opposition and the people who were outspoken were either ignored by the media or publicly scorned.

Be well, stay safe, remain healthy Patrick!

Last edited:

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I will be watching Italy closely the next week to 2 weeks.

Experts are suggesting we will see a 5-6 week time lag between Covid Deaths and using the only interventions that we have at our disposal (social distancing and closures)

So Today in Italy if someone dies, they most likely caught the virus between Feb 16-23

less than a week incubation
1-2 weeks until hospitalization
3-4 weeks in hospital before succumbing

Looks like despite increased testing, Italy is seeing a leveling off of New Cases, with a high number reached on March 21. This is encouraging. Let's hope they are at their peak, and we see a decrease in deaths in the next week or two.

kane

EOG master
He
Here comes some truth! Lol

Fox News coverage of Ebola vs Corona

Listening to that roll call of idiots is why so many on the right weren't taking the virus seriously enough. I can't even blame them really, I mean when you get all of your info from Fox News, and all of their hosts are downplaying the virus, it's only natural to not feel threatened by it. I wish the right wing media would have taken it seriously from the start. BTW, I don't know who Trish Regan is, but she was one of the morons in the video, and the other day Fox fired her for her comments.

kane

EOG master

Pat, I know you asked this of Heisey, but if I may answer as well. The reason why there's a need to point out all the presidents mistakes now is, if we wait until this whole thing is over, the president and the right will play revisionist history. For example, the Governor of Michigan, Gretchen Whitmer, had something negative to say about Trump, so he instructed a medical supply company to direct supplies originally targeted for Michigan to go to another agency instead, I posted about it and included a link to the story somewhere in this thread. If this wasn't being talked about now, in 6 months or whenever we're back to normal and the subject comes up, Trump will call it fake news and the right will pretend it never happened, It's important to note his mistakes now so when it's all over we can go back and see exactly what he got right and what he got wrong. There needs to be a record of everything now so Trump can't call it fake news later. BTW, he's done the same thing with the governor of Washington, he doesn't like some of the things he's said, so he instructed Pence to call all the other governors except for Inslee and Whitmer, if this wasn't reported and talked about now, in the future Trump will claim he never told Pence to not call Inslee and say the media is fake news. There's no doubt in my mind the right will play revisionist history, every mistake he made will be called fake news.

boston massacre

EOG Master
What you think Heisenberg, no one rooting for bad news?

No one rooting for deaths?

You're either an idiot or very naive if that's what you think.

Congrats on your win Bushay!!!

Pat McIrish sees the Picture Un Folding.

Spotting the Anti-American Posters on EOG.

Pat, There's a Bunch more of these type of people Employed in the Media.

That's who these Anti-American Posters on EOG follow for their Coverage.