NBA for opening week

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: NBA for opening week

Good luck ATX...like the Nugs to get the job done today. 91023i2ndw;l

ATX

2h NJ +2 for .8%
I liked NJ before the game and have them small for the entire game.
the ML +130 is very good, I'm just trying to get a W with this team.

ATX

I could have had +3 for a brief time, hesitated and wound up passing. GL.

I got as much as they would let me at +3, and the rest at +2.5, some at +2. not sure they will let the +3 stand, they sometimes try to say it was a bad number...

ATX

You must be on the right side, that moved up quite a bit, GL.

strong angle, fairly soft number. was hoping for 110. thought about putting some on 109, but no reason to press.

LAC +4 for .9%
flashed 4 again, not sure if it gets back there, but 3.5 is good enough
ML might get some more but at +150 for .2%
GS is not a good road team (5-23), plus it's an in-state battle, it IS the Clippers but this one is winnable even for them.

passing on Atlanta. the only total I gave much thought to was NJ/Phi over, decided not to chase that at the half. playing poker and thinking about Sacramento.

ATX

for Tues

Hou/Port under at 191 for 1.1%
public will be on this to the over. possible it goes back up but I doubt it.

ATX

Detroit.
they own Miami, play better on the road, probably gets to 5. 2pts off.

Minnesota.
probably gets to 7. Not sure how Toronto is favored by a TD over anyone.

ATX

Phoenix -6 for 1.1%
Charlotte somehow beat the Lakers at home, but other than playing the Mavs to within 5 they get blown the f out on the road against above average teams. I'm also fairly sure I'll be taking the under. If you look at Charlotte's road scores it's hard to see lining this above 220

ATX

Lakers should not be favored by 8.5 over OKC. OKC plays well at home, LA is most likely entering the 'survive and advance' part of the season. They have PHX up next and these games against non-playoff teams are difficult to get up for. Kevin Durant lives for these games, it's their playoffs. I see a score similar to MIN/LA or the previous meeting between the 2 on Feb 10 with OKC with a decent shot at the upset. Need to think about it some more, but hard to see this one not moving below 8.

ATX

Phoenix -6 for 1.1%
Charlotte somehow beat the Lakers at home, but other than playing the Mavs to within 5 they get blown the f out on the road against above average teams. I'm also fairly sure I'll be taking the under. If you look at Charlotte's road scores it's hard to see lining this above 220

Phoenix at -7 for .3%

probably wouldn't be a great decision to put much on the under.

munson15

I want winners...

Love to read your analysis, great call on Sacto last night, I went to bed at halftime, and was worried about that one. I was fading the line move on that one, your play made me feel better about it.

I do have a question after reading you for a few days. I am a pretty strict flat bettor, and I know you are just putting a small amount on these ML's. If someone were tailing, it would seem the simplest way to play along would be to play a unit on your sides and maybe 1/4 unit on ML's. Would that be viable? Or, do you think the variance from your actual performance would be too great? Thanks for your answer.

munson15

I want winners...

Phoenix -6 for 1.1%
I love the Suns tonight, but the line is already -7. Do you see it going higher? Just noticed that you threw a small play on at -7, so obviously you still like them. I usually don't make my plays until 6ET, so the ? still applies as to the line movement.

ATX

Minnesota ML +245 for .3%
there may be a 7 popping up, 1.1% at 6.5 or 7.
I'm also making a good case for this under.

I'm probably going to take Portland, something like .8, .3

cheapseats

EOG Master

Lakers should not be favored by 8.5 over OKC. OKC plays well at home, LA is most likely entering the 'survive and advance' part of the season. They have PHX up next and these games against non-playoff teams are difficult to get up for. Kevin Durant lives for these games, it's their playoffs. I see a score similar to MIN/LA or the previous meeting between the 2 on Feb 10 with OKC with a decent shot at the upset. Need to think about it some more, but hard to see this one not moving below 8.

agree, and I also think th eover could come into play as okc just plays ball and the lakers follow suit, more of an all star game in terms of protecting injuries. GOOD LUCK today X.

ATX

Love to read your analysis, great call on Sacto last night, I went to bed at halftime, and was worried about that one. I was fading the line move on that one, your play made me feel better about it.

I do have a question after reading you for a few days. I am a pretty strict flat bettor, and I know you are just putting a small amount on these ML's. If someone were tailing, it would seem the simplest way to play along would be to play a unit on your sides and maybe 1/4 unit on ML's. Would that be viable? Or, do you think the variance from your actual performance would be too great? Thanks for your answer.

generally speaking, I would agree with 25% on the moneylines. This year the moneylines haven't been quite as good as in years past (it's a major reason I'm saying that parity is getting worse in the NBA) but they are still good. I vary moneylines somewhat. I almost always put something on the ML with dogs, if I'm getting less than +150 (spread is appx 3 or less) then a lot of times I'll just put a little extra on the spread and pass on the ML. No real mathematical basis to support this, it's just what I've done for a long time. In other words I'm betting dog ML's blind if I like the spread. I increase the amount on dog moneylines that I think are pretty far off. This hasn't happened as much this year, but I sometimes am betting on the dog ML and take the spread for a little more to cover the ML in a game I feel is very close to a toss up. LAC/GS was an example, but b/c of the horrible day on Saturday I decided I needed to get some W's and it IS the Clippers... LA/Boston, LA/Cleveland were two other examples in hind sight, I missed the boat on both, big mistakes on my part, missed out on a lot of money. Be careful tailing other posters. I'm not going to lose long term, but I would pay more attention to what someone is looking at on a game. That way, you can 1. become independent with skills, 2. find mistakes or things I or whoever you are looking at have overlooked. Then you can point them out or ask etc. etc. etc.

I definitely don't mind questions. I don't always have a lot of time to look into something at that very moment, but I'm always looking for alternative viewpoints. I don't really need to know that my "Nuggest pick sucked yesterday.." type of statement LOL, but I don't see that happening very much here. Keep in mind that I'm not just fading the public. I don't like to be on the same side of the public, but just because over 80% of the public is on Cleveland doesn't mean I'm going to take Memphis. With OKC, I think the number should be closer to +6, the public is on LA, and I believe OKC has the edge in motivation. The talent gap is considerable so I'm not going LONG, HUGE, LOCK, GOY, type status, but having motivation in the NBA is very big. (Of course I could be wrong about the motivation levels for this game, but I do know Durant from his days at Texas, his psyche.)

I love the Suns tonight, but the line is already -7. Do you see it going higher? Just noticed that you threw a small play on at -7, so obviously you still like them. I usually don't make my plays until 6ET, so the ? still applies as to the line movement.

this is a good question, and an interesting situation. Yesterday I was seeing 8's when this game hit the board. It quickly was bet down or moved down, not all at once. I see that as either an overreaction to the Suns blowout loss, or movement on air by the books trying to scorn those chasing steam (fairly sure not the case here), or bettors putting too much emphasis on the overall home/away numbers for both teams. If you look at the home/away numbers for Charlotte, sure you can come up with -6 or -7 as the spread. Phx has the Lakers next. Having played sports, I feel when a team has a league leader up next, after a blowout loss, there isn't much of a look-ahead. Phoenix needs a win, the Lakers come later. I looked at how Phx typically responds after a home loss and they generally bounce back, the number of times they lose 2 in a row is worrisome but they got NJ when they went on a huge road streak, same with Chicago. Now with Charlotte we have a fundamentalist type of team, they are 6-19 on the road. I don't think they matchup well with Phx, I don't think Phx's playing style is going to sit well with them. I don't see a good reason why the final score isn't something more like Charlotte's game at Houston, Utah, Denver, or Portland than what the oddsmaker is saying happens x times out of 100. I don't think this line is going to move much. I also think that the action may be different at different books, somewhat balanced overall. It's too early for me to get much from my private sources but I'm seeing -7-115 for SIA, -6.5 at BJ, -7-110 at PIN. A lot of times bettors overreact to a blowout loss. I think that number at Pinnacle holds the most significance, they are leaning PHX. I don't think we are going to see -6 again, fairly sure of that. I do think that a move to -7.5 is somewhat likely. Waiting for -6.5 is not worth the risk of having to go with -7.5, knowing the value of the 7.

ATX

agree, and I also think th eover could come into play as okc just plays ball and the lakers follow suit, more of an all star game in terms of protecting injuries. GOOD LUCK today X.

took a look at the total and started getting a headache. Mathematically it looks to go under, but I do not like the situational factors for an under here. I agree with your points. I also tend to think that the recent games OKC had vs Phx and GS influences this young team in this game(to the over, run and gun). LA on one day of rest is 9-19 ATS and OKC with 2 days of rest is 8-2 ATS, so this young OKC squad looks like they work on some stuff on their days off, Lakers work on loving themselves. I'll be looking more at the 2nd half for totals on this game. Have they scheduled the parade for the Clippers yet?

ATX

SA -4 for 1.1%
might lay some off when it hits 5.

Phoenix -6 for 1.1%
Phoenix at -7 for .3%

OKC +8.5/8 for 1.5%

Detroit +5 for 1.2%
ML +170 for .3%
at +4 for 1.1%, ml same to +155

Orlando/Chicago under 204.5 for .7%

cheapseats

EOG Master

"I'll be looking more at the 2nd half for totals on this game. Have they scheduled the parade for the Clippers yet?"

LOL, Elgin is the Grand Marshall.

ATX

SA -4 for 1.1%
might lay some off when it hits 5.

Phoenix -6 for 1.1%
Phoenix at -7 for .3%

OKC +8.5/8 for 1.5%

Detroit +5 for 1.2%
ML +170 for .3%
at +4 for 1.1%, ml same to +155

Orlando/Chicago under 204.5 for .7%

Orlando/Chicago under 204 for .3%, same to 203

munson15

I want winners...

ATX, thanks for the weighty response. I feel the same about look-ahead situations. I use them a lot in football handicapping, but when a team loses, I throw out the look-ahead factor, they need a win to look past the next opponent. GL tonight.

ATX

great night last night... lets keep it rolling bro!!

:cheers

never get too high, never get too low, make sure you have money for the sunrise tomorrow...:cheers

I got distracted with the Orlando total and didn't finish up on Minnesota's, lost some value, but I didn't like it for more than than about .8% to begin with. The weather here is simply amazing. I like all of these games. I'm not betting anything that I don't have either solid numbers or solid reasoning to go to war with. Happy Fat Tuesday, folks.

Minnesota under 207 for .7%

ATX

1st q Cleve -5 to -120 for .5%
birdie. look for -110's big difference but still overlay at -120

munson15

I want winners...

I'm guessing that SA is NOT a play at -5 if you are considering selling some of your -4.

ATX

Portland +5 to -120 for .8%
ML +180 for .4%
just looks so much prettier with the 5. buying NBA points is idiotic and has not been profitable for me. That is besides the point. I almost always lean heavily to the dog ML when two teams with somewhat equal records are scheduled. Portland has the 1-2 of Rox then SA. I see them being focused for this game. Rox have Cleveland next. Not necessarily a look-ahead, but woe be to Houston if they start this one out like the Mavs 1st half. I feel these teams match up well and this spread has been influenced too heavily by the ROX recent large wins over small teams.

ATX

I'm guessing that SA is NOT a play at -5 if you are considering selling some of your -4.

big difference there. If I was in that position I'd look for -5 +100 and maybe put .6% on that. I was planning all along to go -4 for a little more than I liked and then take +5/' for something later on. From what I've seen in the market place today my position is valuable but not close to priceless. I think there is a higher than average probability when compared to other games that this game lands 4 or 5. So IMO I'm showing profitability on both ends, I'm taking two different positions that are both +EV but neither as profitable as almost everything else I've seen today.