Amazon FireTv and Firesticks

J

joeybagadonuts

Re: Amazon FireTv and Firesticks

So by using just those apps and a few more I can find basically any movie or tv show and all the sports networks in HD?

If this is the case , I'll definitely want a few more.

Stevo

EOG Senior Member

Lol. My mom asked me about this when I told her what I was doing. So probably another sale if I can pull it off then explain how to use to her.

This is awesome for someone like me during CFB season.We do get games on Tv but its 1 each time slot/
Being able to watch any game is a huge plus.
Same would go for you lads who like watching European football

Bushay

NHL Expert

So by using just those apps and a few more I can find basically any movie or tv show and all the sports networks in HD?

If this is the case , I'll definitely want a few more.
Those 3 apps on the front page are ALL you need. I've installed a ton more in the Addons section but those are just for fun. I cut my DirecTv 6 months ago and have a stick on 4 tvs in every room and a Firebox on my main Plasma. This is easier than what cord cutters in the past have done after cutting their cord too. Some of those guys jump through hoops to get by without their cable. And these will only get simpler as time passes

I just told Stevo in a PM...my buddy was by 2 days ago and I sold him a box. I asked him earlier today in a text was he enjoying his box yet....This was his reply to me.

"This thing is friggin sweet! Already watched 2 movies still in the theatres!!!!"

You guys are going to love this thing. I promise you. The fact were all gamblers give me an audience to make a couple bucks now that i'm not working anymore. This is a good match for all of us here.

If you guys get one and enjoy it....one way to pay me back is to tell and show your friends and spread the word a little. I can always use a good customer base to build on.

I'm prolly going to jack the price up a bit in the future as this is a lot of work even now, Especially if these take off like i'm hoping. $20-40 more a unit i'm thinking. Still a fantastic deal. I'm underpricing these now and I know that. I just wanted to get this off the ground quickly. Especially before football season. But you EOG guys will always get the same deal or something very close.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Lol. My mom asked me about this when I told her what I was doing. So probably another sale if I can pull it off then explain how to use to her.
We here at "Bushay's sales and service" do NOT discriminate against moms in any way shape or form. Her money spends just as well! :)

Bushay

NHL Expert

This is awesome for someone like me during CFB season.We do get games on Tv but its 1 each time slot/
Being able to watch any game is a huge plus.
Same would go for you lads who like watching European football
This thing has way more european stuff than American Manchester. You being from over the pond should really get a lot out of this.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Can you see if you can find that for spotify as well?

I already pay for pandora.
Forgot. I got word a while ago there Is a Spotify app like Pandora with unlimited skips and no commercials but I was told the app kept cutting out halfway thru a song so as of now Spotify is a no go. But that could change at any time. If I hear more i'll pass it along.

I don't wanna be bushers PR man,that's Theo's job,but 6,000miles away,pac12 network on my TV,look at the quality

Bushay

NHL Expert

Pretty sure I now have the Spotify app with no skips or commercials.

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted

Dam bushay
You want a partner ? I send 1 email to my Don Best/Bookmaker people
and my you tubers I bet you would get 500 orders in a week.

seems like a nice little score.

Teddy kgb

Banned

Dam bushay
You want a partner ? I send 1 email to my Don Best/Bookmaker people
and my you tubers I bet you would get 500 orders in a week.

seems like a nice little score.

Do you think your 'you tubers' have any money left after following your plays in MLB this year?......word on the street is you're having a brutal year Cap....

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted

Did 4 videos on you tube in 3 months CAP. as far as "word on the street" I guess if its on the internet it must be true. Speaking of word on the street teddy if eog wanted to start a real nice poker night "the word on the street was to ask me to get it done". as I said its the internet never believe the word on the street. anyway my bad for offering WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

grana

EOG Senior Member

you can get fully rooted and jailbroken Fire TV sticks for $60 and Fire TV boxes on eBay for around $100. this has been going on for a long, long time now.

Bushay

NHL Expert

you can get fully rooted and jailbroken Fire TV sticks for $60 and Fire TV boxes on eBay for around $100. this has been going on for a long, long time now.
Well...you certainly dont need one of mine then. Get your ass over there right away and dont let the door hit you in the ass. Who's ghost are you here anyways? 18 posts.

Let me straighten you out before you go clown.

Jailbroken is a term for Apple devices. You cant Jailbreak an Amazon Fire anything. You just exposed yourself.

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fire Tv Boxes that came out in 2014…which were few a far in between….. could be rooted. No one refers to them as "rooted"[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]All my products are side loaded. Go look that one up before you embarrass yourself any further Casper.[/FONT]

Fire sticks were never able to be rooted.

The Amazon fire tv boxes sell on Amazon for $99. They are selling them for $100 on Ebay huh? lol.

The Amazon Fire tv sticks go for $39 on Amazon. And are unable to be rooted.

And even if you could what are you getting compared to what i'm offering here.

You could make a killing with that deal. Why aren't you buying them all up?

Fucking clown.

Bushay

NHL Expert

You can go get fucked in the ass on Ebay or Craigslist too. Why dont you pick up a few of those and come back and lets us know how that worked out for you.

Stevo

EOG Senior Member

And do those come with the help Bushay has offered? Because that's the only reason someone like me who doesn't know shit about programming can buy this. Bushay has already told me he was there for any problems. Dude has been very kind about my concerns. Thank u Bushay.

I still can't believe this can be done. I can't wait.

grana

EOG Senior Member

Well...you certainly dont need one of mine then. Get your ass over there right away and dont let the door hit you in the ass. Who's ghost are you here anyways? 18 posts.

Let me straighten you out before you go clown.

Jailbroken is a term for Apple devices. You cant Jailbreak an Amazon Fire anything. You just exposed yourself.

Fire Tv Boxes that came out in 2014…which were few a far in between….. could be rooted. No one refers to them as "rooted"

All my products are side loaded. Go look that one up before you embarrass yourself any further Casper.

Fire sticks were never able to be rooted.

The Amazon fire tv boxes sell on Amazon for $99. They are selling them for $100 on Ebay huh? lol.

The Amazon Fire tv sticks go for $39 on Amazon. And are unable to be rooted.

And even if you could what are you getting compared to what i'm offering here.

You could make a killing with that deal. Why aren't you buying them all up?

Fucking clown.

oh my. first, what does "Who's ghost are you here anyways? 18 posts" suppose to mean? and what's with the adolescent name calling? how old are you? take some deep breaths.

listen, this might be a 'new' thing to you, but it's not for others. i understand that you're providing a small 'service' for those who don't have the desire to learn how to program the hardware themselves, and i have no problem with that. only point was, market price can be had for much lower.

in fact, if a consumer really wants to cut the price down, the smartest decision they can make is to simply pick-up a used un-rooted Fire TV box from an average seller who wasn't satisfied with their purchase. and then you can just program it yourself. used boxes from average joe sellers can be had for around $75. and the rooting/programming/customization process is extremely simple. whatsmore, there's numerous sites that give step-by-step instructions as how to do so. even the layman can do it, if he so chooses.

Bushay

NHL Expert

oh my. first, what does "Who's ghost are you here anyways? 18 posts" suppose to mean? and what's with the adolescent name calling? how old are you? take some deep breaths.

I'm 56. And old enough to know you don't have a clue what your talking about. Not one clue

listen, this might be a 'new' thing to you, but it's not for others. i understand that you're providing a small 'service' for those who don't have the desire to learn how to program the hardware themselves, and i have no problem with that. only point was, market price can be had for much lower.

lol....The only person this is new to is you. Brand new. What I offer and what your talking about on Ebay is 2 entirely different animals. Yet you want to come in here and compare the 2. You have no idea what Jailbroken OR rooted means yet your going to educate us all on how things are. Why dont we talk hockey next. Maybe you can educate me on that subject too. Whenever your ready clown.

in fact, if a consumer really wants to cut the price down, the smartest decision they can make is to simply pick-up a used un-rooted Fire TV box from an average seller who wasn't satisfied with their purchase. and then you can just program it yourself. used boxes from average joe sellers can be had for around $75. and the rooting/programming/customization process is extremely simple. whatsmore, there's numerous sites that give step-by-step instructions as how to do so. even the layman can do it.
lol
You make that sound so simple for $25. Good lord. Lets scan Craigslist and Ebay for people who are giving their boxes away for 25% off what they paid not to mention shipping and then we'll sell them again and make a $25 killing. Will do that like McDonald's does and before you know it we'll own McDonalds.

If you had an issue the first time I call you a clown...let me repeat myself. You come in here talking completely out of your ass and then want to tell me you can buy the exact same service i'm pushing here for cheaper. Did mom and dad start off in the circus too?.

But then again you're the same guy who couldn't figure out why what you were typing was having word wrapping issues with your posts. Did you go to M.I.T?

I can guarantee you the Feds are watching every move those Ebayers are doing.

grana

EOG Senior Member

Bushay - maybe i should interrupt your manic adolescent posting and do you the favor of letting you know that you're making a complete fool out of yourself. and you're really 56 years old? that's truly embarrassing if so, as you're coming across as a petulant little child who doesn't have the first technical clue about what they're talking about. in addition, your ad hominem attacks not only reflect quite poorly on your character and lack of maturity, but are also a logical fallacy.

the bottom line is that you're not providing anything to anyone that can't be easily learned on their own. it's very rudimentary, widely attainable information. most importantly, all the encompassing coding and apps are open-source, thus it's not like you're a proprietor who has to front licensing fees for private, closed-source content which then must be passed along to the consumer. if that were the case, then yes, such an endeavor would be more understandable.

now, does your 'service' hold a monetary value? to some, maybe, and a free market will certainly dictate that value. but if it sincerely bothers you to such an extreme that i'm letting others know how to empower themselves, i simply don't know what else to tell you besides grow up. i believe this is a forum intended for adult discourse, so act like one.

Bushay

NHL Expert

So how many should I put you down for jailbreaking for you?

or is that a firm no?

J

joeybagadonuts

Bushay - maybe i should interrupt your manic adolescent posting and do you the favor of letting you know that you're making a complete fool out of yourself. and you're really 56 years old? that's truly embarrassing if so, as you're coming across as a petulant little child who doesn't have the first technical clue about what they're talking about. in addition, your ad hominem attacks not only reflect quite poorly on your character and lack of maturity, but are also a logical fallacy.

the bottom line is that you're not providing anything to anyone that can't be easily learned on their own. it's very rudimentary, widely attainable information. most importantly, all the encompassing coding and apps are open-source, thus it's not like you're a proprietor who has to front licensing fees for private, closed-source content which then must be passed along to the consumer. if that were the case, then yes, such an endeavor would be more understandable.

now, does your 'service' hold a monetary value? to some, maybe, and a free market will certainly dictate that value. but if it sincerely bothers you to such an extreme that i'm letting others know how to empower themselves, i simply don't know what else to tell you besides grow up. i believe this is a forum intended for adult discourse, so act like one.

I bought one of the things from bush bc I'm way too lazy to learn how to do it myself. FOr only $150 it's not worth me bothering to try.

Teddy kgb

Banned

I can mow my lawn myself but I choose to pay BrokeBraker $40 a month to do it for me....grana ain't making a good case here

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

I have a stick and a box. The stick is great, you'll have no problems but I would recommend spending the extra to get the box. The main thing I would say that's important is having a decent enough internet speed which most people on here would likely have. You will have a lot less problems with the buffering.

SportsDevil is all you really need for live sports. You will get the feel for which channels to go with for the clear HD quality feed. Just trial and error. Its perfect for UFC and Boxing events that are PPV. Next weekend Rhonda Rousey fights in Brazil. She will likely cave this broads head in within a minute. Take the $50 you were going to spend on that card and buy one of these You'll never miss another UFC card again. You will be able to find a good quality HD feed for every sport you want to watch. You can also watch the ESPN, ESPN2, FoxSports1, NBCsportsnetwork, Big10 network etc live so you wont miss anything they have to offer.

You can also find an archive of all past UFC ppv cards if you want to watch them. This is a great resource for gamblers trying to handicap a fight. You can go back and watch previous fights to get a feel for fighters styles and how they match up.

Genesis is the best app for TV and Movies. Again you will get a feel for which feeds to watch to get the best quality HD stream. You can search for any tv show or movie you can think of and there will be a feed. I have 1channel on mine as well but barely if ever use it. Genesis is the only one you need.

As for live network tv USTVnow is decent. Gives you the basic networks. Nothing more. But think of this unit as an On Demand library. If you want to watch a show that is in primetime on network TV you will be able to find it very quickly after the show is done. Most people with cable have a PVR option and watch shows when they have time, not just during the 8-8:30pm time slot that CBS broadcasts it. Think of it in those terms. you will find you dont really need the live network tv feed after awhile. And by playing around with the unit you will find the network feeds for pretty much any channel you want anyway.

What I did was keep my basic cable to get my local channels. The only reason I did this was that they bundled it with my internet and gave me a higher speed. So essentially what I did was pay a bit extra for a faster internet speed and was given basic cable free. Approach your cable company and see if you can get a similar deal. Otherwise I would have cut cable entirely.

Bottom line, most guys have at least two tvs in their house. I would recommend getting a box for your main tv and leaving it there. Get a keyboard for it as well. Just makes it easier to use all the functions. Then I recommend getting a stick for your other tv/tvs. This way you can move them from room to room very easily, or take it with you on the road.

Bushay is charging a good price here. I paid more for mine and from someone that I didnt know. You're taking a chance on these ebay guys. Here today gone tomorrow. Unless Bushay has a stroke over a Red Wings game he will be here to help if there's any problems. Worth the investment in my opinion.

If you spend $250 for a box and a stick you're not going to need another thing. You will save that in cable costs in a month or two. Before I got rid of my cable package I was around $200 a month. And really didnt get much at all for that money.

J

joeybagadonuts

I have a stick and a box. The stick is great, you'll have no problems but I would recommend spending the extra to get the box. The main thing I would say that's important is having a decent enough internet speed which most people on here would likely have. You will have a lot less problems with the buffering.

SportsDevil is all you really need for live sports. You will get the feel for which channels to go with for the clear HD quality feed. Just trial and error. Its perfect for UFC and Boxing events that are PPV. Next weekend Rhonda Rousey fights in Brazil. She will likely cave this broads head in within a minute. Take the $50 you were going to spend on that card and buy one of these You'll never miss another UFC card again. You will be able to find a good quality HD feed for every sport you want to watch. You can also watch the ESPN, ESPN2, FoxSports1, NBCsportsnetwork, Big10 network etc live so you wont miss anything they have to offer.

You can also find an archive of all past UFC ppv cards if you want to watch them. This is a great resource for gamblers trying to handicap a fight. You can go back and watch previous fights to get a feel for fighters styles and how they match up.

Genesis is the best app for TV and Movies. Again you will get a feel for which feeds to watch to get the best quality HD stream. You can search for any tv show or movie you can think of and there will be a feed. I have 1channel on mine as well but barely if ever use it. Genesis is the only one you need.

As for live network tv USTVnow is decent. Gives you the basic networks. Nothing more. But think of this unit as an On Demand library. If you want to watch a show that is in primetime on network TV you will be able to find it very quickly after the show is done. Most people with cable have a PVR option and watch shows when they have time, not just during the 8-8:30pm time slot that CBS broadcasts it. Think of it in those terms. you will find you dont really need the live network tv feed after awhile. And by playing around with the unit you will find the network feeds for pretty much any channel you want anyway.

What I did was keep my basic cable to get my local channels. The only reason I did this was that they bundled it with my internet and gave me a higher speed. So essentially what I did was pay a bit extra for a faster internet speed and was given basic cable free. Approach your cable company and see if you can get a similar deal. Otherwise I would have cut cable entirely.

Bottom line, most guys have at least two tvs in their house. I would recommend getting a box for your main tv and leaving it there. Get a keyboard for it as well. Just makes it easier to use all the functions. Then I recommend getting a stick for your other tv/tvs. This way you can move them from room to room very easily, or take it with you on the road.

Bushay is charging a good price here. I paid more for mine and from someone that I didnt know. You're taking a chance on these ebay guys. Here today gone tomorrow. Unless Bushay has a stroke over a Red Wings game he will be here to help if there's any problems. Worth the investment in my opinion.

If you spend $250 for a box and a stick you're not going to need another thing. You will save that in cable costs in a month or two. Before I got rid of my cable package I was around $200 a month. And really didnt get much at all for that money.

Good stuff, FALCON

this is is exactly what I was hoping for. Glad I went with the box instead of just the stick.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Thanks Lefty. You summed that up very well. And I can tell you've had a box a while. There's also so many cool features you didn't mention but they will find out on their own. I'm constantly adding new repositories and apps. Only to delete the duds and keep the good ones.

Ive learned/ been told the buffering has nothing to do with your internet speed, but depends entirely of the feed you choose. Though you will has issues if your speed is too low. I know a woman. Who lives in the country with little choice of completion from Internet providers and is only able to get 3 mps from her provider yet watches more movies and shows than I do. Netflix says you need 6 to enjoy their service. Obviously the greater the speed the better but it's still doable at a slower speed.

I use use the basic USTVnow app so I don't need to hook up a paper antenna on my window and hope it's pointing in the right direction for the show I want to watch. Yes you get another cities local station....but doesn't bother me in the least. So Judge Judy come on at 2 now instead of 4 her in Detroit. I believe a get the philly area locals. No biggie after a while. The only thing I miss is the local news. I like to stay in touch locally to what's going on and without them it's kinda difficult. But I'm confident in time this will be corrected.

Theres an app to buy called remote mouse. Goes on your phone and when you find a cumbersome app where you really need a mouse to move around, this thing does the trick. Everyone in my circle has one and uses it. But you can also hook up a wireless mouse to your box and use that. But only the box...the stick does not have a use port to do this. This is where the app is invaluable.

My cable bill was $150 a month with one premium movie channel and 2-3 of the major sports packages every year. I now pay nothing. And the quality 75% of the time is fantastic.

Thanks again for for the endorsement.

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

Good stuff, FALCON

this is is exactly what I was hoping for. Glad I went with the box instead of just the stick.

You wont be disappointed. The only advantage for the stick is that you can take it anywhere very easily. If you're travelling a lot its perfect to take on the road. But really the box isnt that big so you can still take it with you.

I got mine at the tail end of hockey/basketball season and the options for each game were great. I got tired of watching my local teams and was able to watch every Blackhawks game in HD. You can find any game you want. I'm interested in seeing the quality for NHL and NCAAF. You can be a fan of any team with these things.

Its worth it for the movies and tv alone. I just went back and watched season 1 on the Wire. CK can probably watch all the Dukes of Hazzard episodes at his klan rally next week.

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

Bushay, you're right about the internet speed. I should have mentioned that I used to download a lot of movies shows from The Pirate Bay. When downloading you need a higher speed or it takes forever. With this box you're streaming which isnt as important.

Once they guys get the box/stick they will figure out the hidden gems of these things. Its hard to explain without having one in front of you. There are some dead links but you figure them out through trial and error. When watching movies and tv shows I use 2 or 3 different feeds and never have any problems with the stream.

The guys putting up the movies are getting very good quality copies. It's not like the old days where some guy is holding a video camera in the theater and you can hear him eating popcorn. Wait until about a week after its released in a theater and you'll get a very good HD feed on Genesis. My nephew was over last week and I put Ant Man on. It was like watching a blu ray.

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

I'm going to check out that app for the mouse. That is the only real drawback I've found for the stick. But if you think of it terms of you're getting unlimited programming for free, you can deal with a bit of clicking around That's how I rationalize it.
I know what you mean about the local news. Pretty much the only thing I use cable for. But again, it I didnt get a good bundle deal for the internet and basic cable I would have cut the cable outright.

Teddy kgb

Banned

Did 4 videos on you tube in 3 months CAP. as far as "word on the street" I guess if its on the internet it must be true. Speaking of word on the street teddy if eog wanted to start a real nice poker night "the word on the street was to ask me to get it done". as I said its the internet never believe the word on the street. anyway my bad for offering WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

Dont be a big baby.....I said you were the man to make the Poker thingy happen and I said that Off the forums where word is bond G....was just pokin a little fun at ya........Sooooo Pleeeassseee can we have our Poker night?

Bushay

NHL Expert

Boys..this is a photo of the guide I put on your unit. You need 2 different apps to make this work. I'm sure it's on the eBay fired ticks with detailed instructions as well. :doh1

These are just a handful of the channels in TV guide form. About 50/50 between USA and UK channels. But the UK channel show tons of the same stuff we get here. It's another selling point with the units I provide.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

bushy very interesting, on that screen you show. is it best to use a mouse, or keyboard to actually change channels then? or a tablet? or just the remote that comes with this thing?

which of those groupings would have CNN? where would the official NETFLIX APP be on his screen?

on your actual TV would this run on an HDMI channel then say Xbox on hdmi1 then this on hdmi2 for example?

im getting close to ordering something, doing a bit of background reading just for info...

drock

EOG Addicted

The G-Box Q is a pretty good option too and I like it. I don't fully trust Amazon to not someday force an update that cripples hacked Amazon Fire devices.

Bushay

NHL Expert

bushy very interesting, on that screen you show. is it best to use a mouse, or keyboard to actually change channels then? or a tablet? or just the remote that comes with this thing?

which of those groupings would have CNN? where would the official NETFLIX APP be on his screen?

on your actual TV would this run on an HDMI channel then say Xbox on hdmi1 then this on hdmi2 for example?

im getting close to ordering something, doing a bit of background reading just for info...
Correct on all counts Try3 except the guide needing an mouse or keyboard. You just use your Amazon remote for this one. In fact I don't think you need a mouse but for very few things once you enter Kodi. On your home screen when you go into apps, you will see a Netflix app alongside Kodi and every other app you have put on your stick. Such as Pandora, Spotify, Hulu, Crackle.....apps like that. The ones Amazon gives you access to are boring compared to the ones I side load. Those are the ones that require a mouse or keyboard for on occasion but very rare. I rarely use it except when I need to program one of these for the main app page. It's not nessessary. You won't even need your Netflix anymore unless someone in the house still doesn't get this whole thing in time and refuses to put for a small amount off effort and common sense. The worst of the worst lives in my house and she is just now opening her mind and enjoying this on her own.

Once you you guys all have your boxes and sticks I can make a thread on how to get the most out of every app. A step by step so to speak. Like using My Genesis within the Genesis add on. You surf through a bunch of movies in one sitting and right click the movie icon and. List will appear with options to watch later. Kind of like what a TiVo does. Once it's saved you can just click on the "My Genesis " link and there are all your movies in a Netflix type screen ready to watch or even right click again and watch the 2 minute trailer of the move. Way cool feature and option Kodi makes available.