Detroit Lions 2023 Season Thread

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Detroit is lucky to have Dan Campbell. You old schoolers liek your fgs but going for ti was correct both times. Doesnt always workout. Detroit might be 8-8 if they had that meathead Mccarthy coachin them. No one is talkign about it now since they shit out but how does he not run on 2nd and 3rd down to get the clcok down to under 50 seconds before the last drive? He's the real fuckign idiot.
Players love Dan Campbell....you take the good with the bad with him. If you cheer the good, you can't complain about the bad.

In season 1, I thought he was the biggest buffoon. By the end of the season he grew on me. In season #2, a 1-6 start, people were jumping off the bus, and then boom, things finally clicked. Everyone in the city, players and fans, love this guy. He single handedly changed the losing culture in Detroit. No one else has done that in the Ford ownership era.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Coach C has a lot of unique qualities but he needs a math nerd to guide him with these crucial decisions.

I believe he was going for the win no matter what, if he was at home, he would have kicked the PAT to begin with. I admire the call from the 7 to go for it.....I wish they would have called a better play, or targeted someone who was already active during the game.

railbird

EOG Master

Report: NFL officiating crew that oversaw controversial Lions-Cowboys ending 'downgraded' for postseason​

The same crew was involved a controversial no-call in a Week 13 game between the Chiefs and Packers​

It appears there will be consequences for the officiating flub that marred Saturday's game between the Dallas Cowboys and Detroit Lions.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday that referee Brad Allen's crew will be downgraded for the postseason.

"A large part of Brad Allen’s crew is not gonna be officiating in the postseason," Schefter reported. "They’re gonna get downgraded."
, how about the last 3 superbowl crews why werent they downgraded

boston massacre

EOG Master
Could be a blessing in disguise. If the Lions were #2, and play #7 Seattle......Seattle who is always a dangerous has owned Detroit in recent times.

I think a Lions as a #3/Dallas or Lions/Rams playoff game at Ford Field would be magnificent.

Dallas / Philly Still Playing For Division.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Players love Dan Campbell....you take the good with the bad with him. If you cheer the good, you can't complain about the bad.

In season 1, I thought he was the biggest buffoon. By the end of the season he grew on me. In season #2, a 1-6 start, people were jumping off the bus, and then boom, things finally clicked. Everyone in the city, players and fans, love this guy. He single handedly changed the losing culture in Detroit. No one else has done that in the Ford ownership era.

Going For 2 at 7 Was a Moron Decision.

Did Anybody Ask Campbell WHY He Was Scared Of Overtime ?

And it's Obvious He Was Scared.

The Success He's Had Could Be Inflating His EGO.

Very Cocky Decision/ Going For 2 at 7 Yard Line.

He Wants To Turn into GOLIATH.

Overnight.

Valuist

EOG Master
Going For 2 at 7 Was a Moron Decision.

Did Anybody Ask Campbell WHY He Was Scared Of Overtime ?

And it's Obvious He Was Scared.

The Success He's Had Could Be Inflating His EGO.

Very Cocky Decision/ Going For 2 at 7 Yard Line.

He Wants To Turn into GOLIATH.

Overnight.

They were a 6 point underdog on the road. The longer the game, the more likely the better team will prevail. I have no problem with Campbell going for 2.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Some good news. If I am figuring this right, Green Bay win and Lambs loss - both likely - Lions play Packers.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
From The 7 ?

Bad Decision From All Angles.
that's how he rolls. He did a fake punt from his own 20, people were not complaining because it succeeded (as did the same thing in KC), with Dan Campbell, take the good with the bad, even if those attempts are coaching malpractice.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Lions play this Sunday at 1pm, and are 4.5 pt favorites, with a total of 44.5.

Entering the final weekend, the Lions have the same record as both the Cowboys and Eagles, but would lose tie-breakers to both NFC East foes. That means to snag the second seed, the Lions would not only have to beat the Vikings this Sunday but also need both the Eagles and Cowboys to lose.

Eagles are -5 at NY Giants
Dallas is -13.5 at Washington

Both those games kick off at 4.25 pm.

Shows you how important the Lions loss was to Dallas.

If the Lions win their home playoff game, then they hit road in the divisional round, it could be at either Philly or Dallas, most likely Dallas again, as Dallas simply needs to win their game at Washington.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
In a nutshell, the Lions sent offensive lineman Dan Skipper — who routinely reports as eligible as the tight end in jumbo sets — onto the field. Skipper ran toward referee Brad Allen, as if Skipper were reporting as eligible. At the same time, two other offensive lineman (including tackle Taylor Decker) approached Allen from the other direction.

boston massacre

EOG Master