gym time

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: gym time

What would you need a towel for?

that is awesome that you are getting in there tucker. most people get a lady and then stop going. you're doing the opposite!

i was completely drenched, along with the grips on the machine..

i will be going back after work for a tiny workout... i am gonna try to go twice a day, before work which will be the bigger of the 2 and after work for a lil bit, nothing long..

Going to try hitting the gym after work today. Got to work off all the donuts someone brought in today :)

Tuckman

Uh Poster

today i added another 10 minutes on the treadmill, 1:10 minutes and another 15 minutes on the bike for a total of 35 minutes...i wasnt feeling it at first when i got there but as time went on i started to feel okay...

Boston

EOG Dedicated

just getting back into my routine so I did light back today

deads 4x8 315
lat pulldowns superset with pullups (can't do the rack anymore fuck)
bent over rows 4x8 185
cable rows (also couldn't get the rack)
machine rows from the top forget what they're called 4x10
behind the neck pulldowns superset with incline curls 4x10
forearm curls superset with the rope and hanging weight forget what that's called too but the broom handle with rope attached that you hang weights off and roll it up

I forgot how frustrating it is to try and get back to where you were when you took time off. It's an uphill battle that's for sure. Not to mention the summer people are starting to come back to the gym. Now I have nothing against you if you are fat and work hard to get the pounds off it's very respectable but these motherfuckers that come in 2 months before summer with 80lbs to lose taking up space is fucking silly. The gym is overcrowded with all these people that have no intention of staying but are just there because they think they can trim down in a couple weeks. Also the gym etiquette on these part timers is horrible. I need to find a new gym

mofome

Banned

just worked some shoulders, good work out but the left shoulder is a little banged up. got 95s 6 times on the dumbell shoulder press.

JoeContrarian

EOG Enthusiast

Back/Bi's here...Got sick at the gym, was over heated or something, so i finished my workout at home....Killed it again. Up 11 lbs since back into it fellas!

JoeContrarian

EOG Enthusiast

Mo I haven't forgot about you either....Just trying to see if I can hold off supplement wise until May so I dont have to mooch off you haha! You have all my respect though, and will do any favors you need in the future (except sexual of course, I'll leave that to Quebb) Hope all is well...

Tuckman

Uh Poster

drink diet soda, tucker. you get used to it quickly. really cuts the lbs off.

i have been sticking to just water, was a good day, about the sametime on the treadmill as yesterday but i added an incline and a lil more speed...

Tuckman

Uh Poster

i am debating on going in a few, henny is suppose to be getting hold of me to hangout, but his ass will probably sleep till 1 so i should have time

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

for the first time in the gym ever, it was okay.. forgot a few things, like a towel and some water...

did an hour on the treadmill, something like 3.6 miles (i probably havent walked that much in years)

then did 20 minutes on the bike, at that point i was so parched i decided to call it a day...

i have a feeling this is gonna be addictive

And you were giving me shit today for running only 15 minutes at a 7.3? I'd invite you to try that and report how you do. You wouldn't last 5 minutes I'd guess.

Look, I commend you for getting back in the gym as that's great but because you personally don't like me here you made some comments today about my workout that now reading over these posts make you seem kind of silly.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

And you were giving me shit today for running only 15 minutes at a 7.3? I'd invite you to try that and report how you do. You wouldn't last 5 minutes I'd guess.

Look, I commend you for getting back in the gym as that's great but because you personally don't like me here you made some comments today about my workout that now reading over these posts make you seem kind of silly.

Wow.

learn how to read, obviously thats not a strong point of yours, not in anyway did i comment about your workout, but the fact u bitching about an overweight old lady trying to better herself by only getting on the treadmill for 10 minutes is what i pointed out, not to mention your serious anger issues on minor problems that arise in life...

again u point out where i once bashed your "workout" and i'll never post on eog again..that will make your complaining alot easier here...

"I go to the gym for my routine Saturday run on the treadmill. All four are taken up and I'm on a real time crunch. I sit down to wait for one to open and I'm there about 15 minutes and a guy stops" (that would be YOUR COMMENT)

"It just takes focus to prepare for a good run and the focus was there and a lady decided to be inconsiderate when I was obviously sitting there for a good amount of time.

Anyway, life goes on. "(again YOUR COMMENT)

A decent amount of time is now 15 minutes, I have heard it all now (MY COMMENT)

i almost bashed your workout with that response, it must suck being you everyday with so many issues that just cuz an overbundance of anger :hangt

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

learn how to read, obviously thats not a strong point of yours, not in anyway did i comment about your workout, but the fact u bitching about an overweight old lady trying to better herself by only getting on the treadmill for 10 minutes is what i pointed out, not to mention your serious anger issues on minor problems that arise in life...

again u point out where i once bashed your "workout" and i'll never post on eog again..that will make your complaining alot easier here...

"I go to the gym for my routine Saturday run on the treadmill. All four are taken up and I'm on a real time crunch. I sit down to wait for one to open and I'm there about 15 minutes and a guy stops" (that would be YOUR COMMENT)

A decent amount of time is now 15 minutes, I have heard it all now (MY COMMENT)

i almost bashed your workout with that response, it must suck being you everyday with so many issues that just cuz an overbundance of anger :hangt

See Tuck, this is how this works. I apologize. Hear that? I apologize. Your comment about 15 minutes was meant for my wait when I thought it was about my running time as they both were 15 minutes. See how people have a tough time communicating on the internet? I'm old enough to know when I'm right and when I'm wrong and I apologize as we had a miscommunication. You, however are personally attacking me and that is something you are at fault for and should take that into consideration here.

And also, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS POINT VERY CLEARLY. I was not upset about the woman trying to lose weight. I was not angry that she was working hard to better her life, situation and mind. I was angry that I was clearly waiting for the next available treadmill and she came over and got on when she knew I was waiting. That's what made me agitated. Please try to understand this.

If you go to the gym today and there are people waiting for the machines I'd ask you to jump in front of them and see what kind of reaction you receive. It won't be a good conversation with someone. That's inconsiderate to do that and that's all I'm saying.

Now, I've tried to apologize to you two times for whatever it is I've done on this board to make you angry at me. I don't know what it is but I've tried telling you we should both let it go whatever it is. If you don't want to do that then let me know either way where I stand with you.

I would never say it sucks being you as it probably doesn't. You probably have it quite well. JUST LET IT GO.

Also, make sure you get in the gym today and have a great workout. Stay motivated and your hard work will pay off.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

See Tuck, this is how this works. I apologize. Hear that? I apologize. Your comment about 15 minutes was meant for my wait when I thought it was about my running time as they both were 15 minutes. See how people have a tough time communicating on the internet? I'm old enough to know when I'm right and when I'm wrong and I apologize as we had a miscommunication. You, however are personally attacking me and that is something you are at fault for and should take that into consideration here.

And also, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS POINT VERY CLEARLY. I was not upset about the woman trying to lose weight. I was not angry that she was working hard to better her life, situation and mind. I was angry that I was clearly waiting for the next available treadmill and she came over and got on when she knew I was waiting. That's what made me agitated. Please try to understand this.

If you go to the gym today and there are people waiting for the machines I'd ask you to jump in front of them and see what kind of reaction you receive. It won't be a good conversation with someone. That's inconsiderate to do that and that's all I'm saying.

Now, I've tried to apologize to you two times for whatever it is I've done on this board to make you angry at me. I don't know what it is but I've tried telling you we should both let it go whatever it is. If you don't want to do that then let me know either way where I stand with you.

I would never say it sucks being you as it probably doesn't. You probably have it quite well. JUST LET IT GO.

Also, make sure you get in the gym today and have a great workout. Stay motivated and your hard work will pay off.

i'm heading there now for a bit to kill some time, it was gonna be my off day but with henny sleeping till sometime in the afternoon, i dont hafta meet up with him at the luxor till around the start of the first game and i have nothing better to do...

u dont stand any different place then the rest of the eog members with me, if i see a retarded post in my eyes i will comment on it regardless who makes it, its equal oppertunity bashing with me, i play no favorites.. :cheers

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

i'm heading there now for a bit to kill some time, it was gonna be my off day but with henny sleeping till sometime in the afternoon, i dont hafta meet up with him at the luxor till around the start of the first game and i have nothing better to do...

u dont stand any different place then the rest of the eog members with me, if i see a retarded post in my eyes i will comment on it regardless who makes it, its equal oppertunity bashing with me, i play no favorites.. :cheers
Please enjoy yourself.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

went for a bit, about an hours worth...

enfuego, the 7.5 incline dont bother me to much, but if i put it on 7, i woulda fell right off the back of it.. fuck that.. i'll stick to my 3.3-3.6 walk

Boston

EOG Dedicated

I don't understand why some people do chest tris back bis. It always seemed counterproductive to train a bodypart after you have worn it out using it out as a secondary. For example fresh I bb curl 135 for 6 but after a heavy back workout I may only get 95-110 for 6. I found the most success doing a complete split of

monday arms abs
tuesday legs abs
wednesday chest abs and 4 sets of one tri exercise
thursday back abs and 4 sets of one bis exercise
friday shoulders abs
saturday rest
sunday abs cardio

with this split you are resting properly without using any of your main or secondary mescles two days in a row.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Switching back to days at work for a few weeks is gonna fuck me up, I woke up at 6am and went to the gym for like an hour before work to get myself motivated, but it's not as exciting when your eyes are still alseep, I will be going back this evening for a better go at it.

Boston

EOG Dedicated

If you guys want to follow along, check out my log at this training forum...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=309328081#post309328081

I'm not sure where you found this program but it isn't really consistant with your goals. Strength is built working in the 4-6 reps with big weight. Also bent rows are great but if your looking for srength and size nothing packs it on more than deads. I just can't see standing behind a program that says max effort upperbody but leaves out the two biggest muscles in your upper body back and shoulders. Just my opinion but if you are just starting out there are much better programs

JoeContrarian

EOG Enthusiast

I'm not sure where you found this program but it isn't really consistant with your goals. Strength is built working in the 4-6 reps with big weight. Also bent rows are great but if your looking for srength and size nothing packs it on more than deads. I just can't see standing behind a program that says max effort upperbody but leaves out the two biggest muscles in your upper body back and shoulders. Just my opinion but if you are just starting out there are much better programs

My natural stature isn't that big, hence I need to add mass. I think the proper way to do this being a "hardgainer" is to allow my body to grow on the off days by cutting down my workouts from 5 days to three. Deadlifts WILL be done, however they are done on leg day.

Although I agree that 4-6 rep range adds strength, I feel that I need to build overall mass, and that comes with getting stronger. If I can put up 225 for 5-6 in a few months, I can PROMISE you that I WILL be bigger.

I appreciate you commenting on it though, be as harsh as you can I'll have no hard feelings haha. Im just glad you came with some reasoning, I like having discussions like this and hearing different viewpoints, it is how you learn. So with that said, I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

went for a bit, about an hours worth...

enfuego, the 7.5 incline dont bother me to much, but if i put it on 7, i woulda fell right off the back of it.. fuck that.. i'll stick to my 3.3-3.6 walk

Just keep at it.

I started back in January after a long injury. I initially ran at 6.0 for 5 minutes and almost puked. Now, I've been putting in the work and it feels so much better.

Always push and don't settle.

Boston

EOG Dedicated

Didn't mean to be harsh at all. Like yourself I was a hardgainer for years when I was younger and I will never have a big bench. Partially because I have very wide shoulders and long arms and partially because I was not naturally strong. My best bench ever was in the low 300s long before my torn rotator cuff. Now I don't even do flat bb bench. Flat bb bench is more of a pride exercise dbs will always be better for muscle growth. With the greater range of motion and heavy work on the stabilizers they will get you bigger. Mass is made in the kitchen though in all honesty. You can lift like a beast but if your not eating more than your body can handle you won't gain weight. For the longest time I couldn't break 200 lbs until I changed my diet. For an entire winter I trained like an animal and had a calorie intake of just over 10,000 a day. I went from 195-225 obviously with some fat gain but was able to cut in time for summer and sat at 215 with a six pack and the rest of the vanity muscles. It's all about finding what works for you.