March Madness

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Samford got Hosed~~~Another $$$$$$$ money call for the Networks and Advertisers...

I know exactly what the ref was thinking since I have "been there/done that."

He ANTICIPATED a foul so as soon as something happened - he blew his whistle.

We do not know who wins if the correct (no) call is made. Samford going 13-23 from the FT line did not help their cause!

But rest assured that ref is DONE for the rest of the Tourney. You don't make THAT high profile of a mistake and stick around.

Heim

EOG Master
Lol at TV official Gene Territore forcing a admission of a clean block like he violated a secret zebra code.

kane

EOG master
If it wasn't Calipari, any other coach would be nervous right now. All that talent and nothing in the Big Dance last 4-5 years.
KY shredded my bracket, and if I was Cal I just might be a tad nervous, losing to a school called Oakland won't sit well, Cal is the hoops version of Cristobal, great recruiter, bad game day coach

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I realize NW plays great defense but FAU didn't even win the AAC and it showed in the first half that they did not deserve an 8 seed.

Valuist

EOG Master
I realize NW plays great defense but FAU didn't even win the AAC and it showed in the first half that they did not deserve an 8 seed.
Northwestern shot about as poorly as a team can shoot, and FAU only ahead by 1? Some of Buie's shots are going to start falling.

Heim

EOG Master
KY shredded my bracket, and if I was Cal I just might be a tad nervous, losing to a school called Oakland won't sit well, Cal is the hoops version of Cristobal, great recruiter, bad game day coach

He's not going anywhere with a 33.3 million dollar buyout.

Heim

EOG Master
I don't get the love for New Mexico. They're a different team away from 'The Pit'...

Everyone on social media was talking about Clemson and their defense. Outside the KenPom adjusted D of 150
and no chance v. NM.

However nobody was talking about New Mexico and how their numbers are skewed due to their big home court.

Valuist

EOG Master
New Mexico looks like Houston and Kansas in the B12 tourney. Stumble out of gate early, then just give up and completely quit

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
No doubt 'Winky' was looking forward to a Longwood/Morehead matchup. 😅

I was looking LONG and HARD at this possible game. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of rest to be able to last for the entire 2-ish hours this would take to complete. I didn't want to let down those counting on me here.

Heim

EOG Master
Funny dialogue today with Barkley and company on CBS:

Barkley early in the broadcast, 'I finally learned not to bet against Izzo'

Barkley later in the broadcast. 'I like UNC, too much firepower for Spartans.'

Hard to believe he ever loses with that logic.

Dell Dude

EOG Master

He's a fucking idiot. Was blowing Izzo after the 1st round saying Izzo is jjgold when he has time top prepare. I guess that's why he's only won 1 final four game since 2000.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
They won't do it because either Izzo hangs on or they go with nepotism but they should make a play for Chris Collins. He would put Sparty back in elite contention.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I'm angry that Purdue and Gonzaga are playing in the stevo 16. That may have been the championship game if they were on opposite sides. I have no choice but to go with Purdue. Those are my 2 be best teams left so I'm guaranteed to lose 1 and not guaranteed to have 1 in final four. Fuck you indeed.

Heim

EOG Master
They're right when they say the only difference between Big 5 vs mid majors is the big guys skill level.

Vols Knecht went from 2nd team All Big Sky to SEC player of the year.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Oregon up 2 with 26 secs left has two 87% free throw shooters on the floor, and two 75% shooters, so what do they do, throw it to the guy who shoots 59%.

Clang- Creighton comes down ties the game and wins in double OT. Altman was beside himself.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

I was reminiscing with a friend how I missed seeing Barkley's tournament bracket. After the Round of 32 it was just a bunch of big red Xs all over.

Strictly clownish entertainment these days.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
I was reminiscing with a friend how I missed seeing Barkley's tournament bracket. After the Round of 32 it was just a bunch of big red Xs all over.

Strictly clownish entertainment these dyas.

Barkley and Smith seem more comfortable on the NBA set. Better dialogue.

It seems for college they do a one week cram course to catch up.

I wonder since Capital One is a huge sponsor they're pushed to use Barkley and company on CBB.

Valuist

EOG Master
Feels like not much suspense. Favorites win and cover most of the games. Not as many exciting finishes as most years. Bring on MLB

Heim

EOG Master
Never liked Buzz Williams. 4 guys have fouled out for Houston. A bunch of fresh average ft guys on the floor. Down 4 you have to go for 2 and foul with 18 left. Have to stress that and draw up a play, nope, crazy 3 point shot now down 6. Even the announcers were shaking their heads.

Last note: how the fuck did Yale beat Auburn?

Valuist

EOG Master
Feels like not much suspense. Favorites win and cover most of the games. Not as many exciting finishes as most years. Bring on MLB

No sooner had I wrote that then Houston/AM was the best game of the tournament so far. Helped offset some of those terrible round of 32 games yesterday.

Heim

EOG Master
Houston Cougars become the Washington Generals without Shead. 2 guys with career games v. A&M because
of his dribble penetration, then kick out. Did you see the look on the team's faces when he fouled out late in OT?

Dude is a alpha dog....

kane

EOG master
I know exactly what the ref was thinking since I have "been there/done that."

He ANTICIPATED a foul so as soon as something happened - he blew his whistle.

We do not know who wins if the correct (no) call is made. Samford going 13-23 from the FT line did not help their cause!

But rest assured that ref is DONE for the rest of the Tourney. You don't make THAT high profile of a mistake and stick around.
Winky, do you see a scenario where college coaches get a challenge like they do in the NBA? A missed call in that big of a spot would certainly make the case for it, and if not during the season, then maybe give each coach a challenge in the tournament, a missed call in the regular season isn't a big deal, but one like this one in the Dance could help determine the outcome

Heim

EOG Master
Houston has to be the most vulnerable #1. They shot 51% versus A&M with career games from 2 guys and still almost lost.

Their bench is thin, Duke has size and any sign of foul trouble, HOU is done. If A&M could have hit fts they would have never advanced.