MUNSON'S PLAYS

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Re: MUNSON'S PLAYS

Not comfortable with my losses being a source of amusement for someone, JK..

I didn't realize my "LOL" needed explanation. It was directed at the posts of being down -23 units on 7/2 and then a few days later declaring a "low point" for the year at around -21 units. You do realize that -21 is better than -23, right? Like I said before, I rarely read this thread, usually only when JK, Irish Tim or someone else of interest posts in it. However, it is continually bumped onto the top page so it's annoyingly always present.

As far as JK goes, I found it "mildly interesting" not "funny" that following him for the last 7 months basically resulted in a net push, thats all. Two different comments.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

I can vouch for JK's remark.
I know Bob and Munson well, very well, I'd say.
Both are great guys and would guess they'd 'bury the axe', if they were to spend just one evening together (not that they are gay, or anything).

Well, hopefully my post above will shed light on my rather harmless attempt at humor. I would say I don't have some "agenda" against Munson. I certainly didn't want to come across as posting that down 20 units in 1500 selections is some sort of "big failure", it obviously isn't.

I think I have a very different approach than Munson toward handicapping, sports and statistics. So what? I don't think we really even have "an axe" to bury (although I know what you mean Tim). I think we just need to agree to disagree on some forum discussion.

munson15

I want winners...

I didn't realize my "LOL" needed explanation. It was directed at the posts of being down -23 units on 7/2 and then a few days later declaring a "low point" for the year at around -21 units. You do realize that -21 is better than -23, right? Like I said before, I rarely read this thread, usually only when JK, Irish Tim or someone else of interest posts in it. However, it is continually bumped onto the top page so it's annoyingly always present.

Annoying?:LMAO

munson15

I want winners...

adding------------------

MLB=
PIT-122 (D)
WAS-1.5 (D)+165
sd+111 (K)2nd unit
tb+135 (K)
STL/U7.5 par (S)+250

sorry bob:cocktail

munson15

I want winners...

Got so pissed, I forgot to update the record yesterday, the Thursday KC loss is included in today's update.

Updated record------------------

W739 L753, -24.54 units

(A new low water mark):blink:

(unless bob finds something worse):fuck:

I just saw this. What is going on?

Computer Bob and Munson squabbling?

For my last ten Internet years, I have trusted Bob's numbers. The guy is anal-retentive on statistics. If he tells me something, I believe it. He is one of the good guys.

But so is Munson.

This guy is tireless on picks. He gives the site what the site was intended to do. He makes picks.

Boys, maybe Obama could have a beer summit on the lawn behind the White House, but we need to restore order here. This is nuts.

munson15

I want winners...

You know Jeff, there's an old rule that says never pick an e-fight with anyone smarter than you, and I may be on the wrong end of this one. Especially with the record I've compiled. :doh1

munson15

I want winners...

Couldn't log on this morning for some reason, so I missed posting several plays.

Updated record---------------

W743 L753, -20.50 units

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Munson, are you following/posting buffettgambler's bases this season? Have been away for most of the summer, but as you know BG's someone I respect immensely and was curious how he might be doing this year.

munson15

I want winners...

Yes, I have, Tim. He's been mostly treading water by his own admission, but had a 8-1 weekend to finish off the first half.

ouch

EOG Dedicated

Well, someone has to step up and say it.

Great job selecting Robbie Cano to win the home run derby at a cool +996.

Here's hoping that jump starts your second half. (Even if it is just for fun.)

munson15

I want winners...

First guy to notice (or at least comment), thanks ouch.:cheers I actually put some thought into that, Cano has a smooth, repetitive swing I believed would not wear out in the later rounds as opposed to the big boys who crank it up full speed each pitch.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Brilliant call on Cano.

Between the site issues and commuting between Las Vegas and Chicago, I failed to monitor one of my favorite threads on the site.

You're back to respectability.

munson15

I want winners...

Brilliant call on Cano.

Between the site issues and commuting between Las Vegas and Chicago, I failed to monitor one of my favorite threads on the site.

You're back to respectability.
Thanks, John. Actually an 11 game win streak in progress as I write this. Always appreciate the visits from El Presidente.:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

adding-------------------

MLB=
tex-104 (D)
pit+113 (P)
COL-1.5 (D)+175
sf+126 (P)
ARZ-132 (P)
NYM+130 (S)
CIN+116 (P)