So who's gonna pay 3K for Dink's NHL service?

Bumble29

EOG Enthusiast
Re: So who's gonna pay 3K for Dink's NHL service?

Obviously not 30k at the same number, but given those shops will probably be within 5 cents of each other... if you line them all up and hit confirm quickly, yes, 30k is very very easily done. He never said he regularly does this.

but we are dealing in reality here correct? If you do that more than twice you will be on delay especially with your 5dimes wager.

There is no point in saying you can get down such and such if all the numbers will be different and you know this.

He tried to sound like a big shot and buried himself.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

What's with this Fishhead-Baus love connection? Tell us more.
:+clueless

BAUS is a fellow professional I've known for quite sometime.

Know quite a few posters KR, and like I said, only a few can attain my true pofessional gambler label.

mathy

EOG Addicted

You can argue the little specifics all you want, but it is fairly easy to do as a lone bettor. If in a team it is incredibly easy.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

but we are dealing in reality here correct? If you do that more than twice you will be on delay especially with your 5dimes wager.

There is no point in saying you can get down such and such if all the numbers will be different and you know this.

Did not see such........BAUS good people, calm down.

3k is just hope. Only the beginning. I take these guys in for a few months from touts just to promise the hope disaster..

I take people in for a few months just to die financially because they have taken "Jeff Allen's Service."

I promise they will want thousands every week with nothing every, well, week.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

good to see baus posting a lot lately

i dont think i've ever seen him post so much before

ChuckyG

EOG Master

All u guys who piled on Dink:

* Don't come begging for his NHL POD in six weeks. You had your chance.

Of course the lines will not be identical everywhere offshore, but generally on NHL they are quite similar across the board.

Say you figure the San Jose Sharks are a good bet at -125 and want to get down 30k on -125 or better. I was simply pointing out that it is possible to accomplish that.

5dimes doesn't use delay on players to the best of my knowledge. They are also happy to let you bet the limit again after a 1-2 minute wait period for them to re-adjust the line.

Maybe for Americans it's not possible to get a 30k bet down on NHL in 90 seconds. But for the rest of the world it is possible.

BAUS

Of course not. I can't believe people are actually criticizing you for backing out of the bet when you merely want the basic rules in place to make sure you don't get gamed--the same rule that applied to RAS's matchbook market of "will they win X units."

i remembered chancing upon that Ras matchbook market. Wanted to wager on it but if I recall correctly, the market had no liquidity at all.

The proletariat (pron.: /ˌprlɪˈtɛərət/ from Latin proletarius, a citizen of the lowest class) is a term used to identify a lower social class, usually the working class; a member of such a class is proletarian. Originally it was identified as those people who had no wealth other than their children.

:lol

i had to google that too.

did jeff jones major in english or what?

i remembered chancing upon that Ras matchbook market. Wanted to wager on it but if I recall correctly, the market had no liquidity at all.

I don't really remember the liquidity but I recall that as described, the terms of the bet were fair. Any time a bet is made on handicapping results, to avoid angleshooting, there should be a set number of picks, set number of units, and an agreed upon line source.

You guys never heard the word proletariat before? I think every single liberal arts class I had in high school and undergrad discussed Marx at some point.

Of course the lines will not be identical everywhere offshore, but generally on NHL they are quite similar across the board.

Say you figure the San Jose Sharks are a good bet at -125 and want to get down 30k on -125 or better. I was simply pointing out that it is possible to accomplish that.

There's a huge difference between getting down 30k when you're originating the play and getting down 30k when you're trying to follow a tout and there are other well capitalized people trying to get down on the same play at the same time.

5Dimes is very intolerant of my action, even originated stuff, and other people I know report the same thing.

that is his style. It's not all ML. laying the fav -.5 pucks in regulation is a frequent play not very much -1.5 pucks, some totals in there. he provides typically paragraph long write-ups as to why he likes the play. A Canadian also....and they live for hockey !

I can verify Sherwood's record is pretty close to legitimate because I've known of him for a long time. He doesn't time stamp his plays, they're simply posted on his website and you don't know exactly when they were posted, and he occasionally uses SIA lines for grading, but since he's releasing picks early in the day, I haven't noticed too many ridiculous SIA-type lines, and by the time I see his plays, the lines are reasonably close to accurate. If there's any line inflation I doubt it's more than half a percent or so.

Some of the comments in his writeups are pretty ridiculously square though--he has some bizarre theories about "trap lines" and will say "This line is so good that it's begging us to take the Kings. So we'll take their opponent, the Sharks!"--so I'm a bit surprised that he actually wins, but that sample size is quite large.

Scooter

EOG Veteran

5dimes doesn't use delay on players to the best of my knowledge. They are also happy to let you bet the limit again after a 1-2 minute wait period for them to re-adjust the line.

5 Dimes definitely uses a delay on some players.

There is a rebet allowed when the line moves.
But the line doesn't always move.

Even with the delay, they will continue to cut limits on some players.

Scooter

EOG Veteran

I've been in the gambling business for over 20 years and have learned alot of hard lessons along the way. If Dink wants to charge for his NHL picks, more power to him, but I wont be paying for it. If you simply do the math and figure a good handicapper hits at 57-65% of the time, how much would you really be making as a profit if you subtract the $3K fee? That's why it is'nt worthwhile paying for anyone's picks.

One of the biggest misconceptions I've learned along the way is that somehow a tout or someone who charges for picks, somehow knows more about I do....knows that "inside information" that you cant read in a newspaper......which is pure baloney. If you gamble on hockey, as an example, get a twitter account and follows all the beat writers who follow their respective teams'. It's amazing the information you will learn from them. A star player missing in an NHL game, does not have near the impact of a star NBA player.

Second, just watch the games, and look for trends. What do we know about a shortened NHL season? That fatigue will definitely be an issue, and dogs will be barking more often. One week for a training camp? I have never heard of something so bloody ridiculous, so look for some elite teams to perhaps start out slowly. At this point, we really dont know the fitness level of the players.

And here's the most important lesson I've learned............that less is better. I was once a compulsive gambler who would bet on every game, every night, and along the way I figured out that you could still make the same level of profit by betting 15 games a month as opposed to betting 450 games a month. When you take a back seat and analyze, you see things alot better as a result of being mentally fresh. At least that's what I've learned.

Chock full of inaccuracies and horrible advice.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Maybe for Americans it's not possible to get a 30k bet down on NHL in 90 seconds. But for the rest of the world it is possible.

BAUS

True, and many of us barreled in Patriots can do the same.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

You used to be a big fan of Dink, Birdman. What happened?

It sounds to me like he possibly turned one of your offers down? Maybe? :+clueless

Heim

EOG Master

RAS 2014 fees: http://www.handicapper.net/order.php

Football & extra 1,695
Hoops & extra 3,245
Both 4,795

I understand why Dink aimed high because it doesn't take many customers to make some serious money at nearly 5 grand per paying customer. Isn't this a large price increase compared to last season for RAS?

If you're a 100-200 dollar bettor then yes. Otherwise it's still a deal for a guy that hits 56+ for CBB & 59+ for CFB L5.

railbird

EOG Master

I love Dink but his decision to sell selections is curious.

I have a healthy distaste for the sports advisory business and seeing Dink in the same pool as Jim Feist, Wayne Root, Ray Palmer, etc. is disturbing.

I guess if Edward Golden (Right Angle Sports) sells college basketball plays and people respect him, then Dink is allowed to sell winning NHL plays and not lose the tremendous respect he's enjoyed from the sports gambling fraternity.

I'm conflicted.

How about Palmtree?

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated

So after listening to last night's radio show doesn't it seem that he's once again fishing for a tout gig?

It seems strange that he is quick to criticize touts, yet thinks being one himself should go without criticism.

As much as Dink touts the horse charity, it's starting to feel like dink has more of an interest than has been told.

A quick mention during the Tuesday radio shows should be enough...it sure beats the hourly plugs at his twitter page.

Bushay

NHL Expert

So after listening to last night's radio show doesn't it seem that he's once again fishing for a tout gig?

It seems strange that he is quick to criticize touts, yet thinks being one himself should go without criticism.

As much as Dink touts the horse charity, it's starting to feel like dink has more of an interest than has been told.

A quick mention during the Tuesday radio shows should be enough...it sure beats the hourly plugs at his twitter page.

is that what he said?

nedrow9

EOG Master

You join my Cadillac club level and in one season I can put a brand new Caddie in your driveway.

Don't play on your own, guys.

1-800-nedrow1:houra

Heim

EOG Master

None of the guys mentioned on forums over the years who have a clue in a preferred sport are worth the money because u can't get the release number. Case closed.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

None of the guys mentioned on forums over the years who have a clue in a preferred sport are worth the money because u can't get the release number. Case closed.

For the very, very most part, exactly right!!

Its all a numbers game!!!..... of course a guy like Wanti will disagree with this.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

For the very, very most part, exactly right!!

Its all a numbers game!!!..... of course a guy like Wanti will disagree with this.

Touts act like they get all the openers....hilarious.....

Every book I knew in offshore and Vegas had their preferred customers open them up...some even got paid for preferential treatment...

maxo

EOG Senior Member

Dinkus Pinkus Marininkus was charging 3 g's for Hockey picks? Oh my.

MrTop

EOG Master

I would of bought it if it was lower...... but 3 G's is searching for a vein like getting one or 2 people. Which means too high for me. Had great value compared to when D.Cokin wanted to sell me his baseball for 5k. I like Cokin but he could not win @250 per month for me. WTF. He does get hot..... I mean real hot.... but not when I had him with those phony lines at VI. So I had to drop him.

The most honest person I ever had was railbird. One problem he does not post up to date records & correct game #'s.