MrTop

EOG Master
i think tampa is better than g-men

minny beat the g-men 3 weeks ago @-4.5

now -3

i am on minny small

kane

EOG master
Ravens without Lamar the worst of the playoff teams. There offense was brutal with him in. No ability to intentionally scheme Andrews. No other weapons on the field. Committe in the backfield will always get yards, but this team will crumble as soon as 2 scores down.

Few NFL things bring me as much joy as seeing this 'unique' Ravens offense shit the bed and never get over the hump.
The Ravens with Huntley are better than the Dolphins with Skylar, but neither team is going anywhere without their starting QB's. Could be a very interesting offseason for both Tua and Lamar, there's some thought that Tua might have to retire due to concussions, personally I think he plays next year, but how many more concussions can he take before he's forced out of the game, Lamar is from Miami and things seem to be icy between him and the Ravens, I think the possibility of Lamar ending up a Dolphin isn't far fetched

choslamshe

EOG Master
The Ravens with Huntley are better than the Dolphins with Skylar, but neither team is going anywhere without their starting QB's. Could be a very interesting offseason for both Tua and Lamar, there's some thought that Tua might have to retire due to concussions, personally I think he plays next year, but how many more concussions can he take before he's forced out of the game, Lamar is from Miami and things seem to be icy between him and the Ravens, I think the possibility of Lamar ending up a Dolphin isn't far fetched
I wonder how disgruntled both Tyreek and Jaylen become of bringing in a QB who will be asked to do something he's never been able to do (yet) as a pro.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
My position is TB has to run consistently to prevent Dallas from teeing off on Brady. Even if stuffed every time. Punting not the worse and worse. Dak might give you a gift. If they run, passes on 1st and 2nd down more likely to be successful.

Heim

EOG Master
I couldn't pass on BAL +10.5.

I was looking at their defensive numbers. Night and day with Roquan Smith in the lineup.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Tampa has sucked all year, does that mean they will lose to dallas? - Prob not, A brady 1st round win with a loss to SF the next game makes the season a success.

mr merlin

EOG Master
You want the worst running team in the NFL to run it consistently, got it
IMO the reason for tampa's poor performance is the fact they've played far too conservatively all year - they cant run, it's as simple as that, but they kill 4-5 drives/game by trying to pound the rock. Then they get behind and have to throw, with decent success.

They need to come out winging it against dallas.

kane

EOG master
to prevent Dallas from teeing off on Brady.
Brady gets rid of the ball quicker than anyone, if he feels pressure he'll throw it away, and his offensive line is getting healthier, they might be getting some guys back this week. Also, I never said they should throw it every play, they need to run it just enough to keep the defense honest, but for them to win they need to throw it a lot more than they run it

kane

EOG master
IMO the reason for tampa's poor performance is the fact they've played far too conservatively all year - they cant run, it's as simple as that, but they kill 4-5 drives/game by trying to pound the rock. Then they get behind and have to throw, with decent success.

They need to come out winging it against dallas.
Exactly! All year they've been too conservative on offense, they don't open it up until the second half when they're down by two scores, they need to stop running it on first down for 2 yards and let Brady throw the ball, Bowles is a hell of a DC, but he's a shit coach, so I fully expect the same game plan

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Brady gets rid of the ball quicker than anyone, if he feels pressure he'll throw it away, and his offensive line is getting healthier, they might be getting some guys back this week. Also, I never said they should throw it every play, they need to run it just enough to keep the defense honest, but for them to win they need to throw it a lot more than they run it

Now you are backtracking. I shouldn't be hanging with you in an NFLe capping argument led alone dominating. You posted Brady needs to gun and fun it. Now you are posting he needs to mix in the runner runner.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
What is run it just enough? If you are running it once or twice a drive, that is not going to do anything. They need to run it CONSISTENTLY. Dallas has to not know it will be a run or pass unless obvious like 3rd and long.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Tampa has no ability to run, they average 3.4 YPA which is dead last in the league, if they were smart they would have Brady drop back 50 times and throw it all game, that's the way they can win

Throw it 50+ means gun and fun.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Dallas couldn't have been scheduled a worse opening opponent. Brady gets rid of the ball faster than anyone, which all but negates that DAL pass rush. That rush makes their defense.
Because he cant throw deep. Dallas should force him to.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I agree on paper but I respect the smart Harbaugh enough to bet them. I think they cover and have a chance late to win.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
I couldn't pass on BAL +10.5.

I was looking at their defensive numbers. Night and day with Roquan Smith in the lineup.
Gave up 257 yds vs cinn last gm. Harbaugh 6-0 on the road in the playoffs. Will take Balt too but only if Hundley plays.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I agree on paper but I respect the smart Harbaugh enough to bet them. I think they cover and have a chance late to win.
The qb play on Balt sucks, no matter who it is. They have the worst WR;s in the playoffs, and Cinn can stop the run.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Exactly! All year they've been too conservative on offense, they don't open it up until the second half when they're down by two scores, they need to stop running it on first down for 2 yards and let Brady throw the ball, Bowles is a hell of a DC, but he's a shit coach, so I fully expect the same game plan
Yup, they either run it on first down for 2 yrds, or even worse is when they get 5 yds, then they think they can run again on 2nd down and typically get 1 yd. Now they're looking at 3rd and 3 and always try a 2 yd pass - meaning the receiver still needs to make a move to pick up the 1st, which they often fail to do because the defenders are waiting at the sticks.

How about on 3rd and 3 they shock the world and throw a 10-12 yd pass?

Another pattern for tampa is that when they do get a first down they're shocked - so they run up the middle on the next play, God forbid they could get a 1st down throwing and then pass again the next play?

Bowles is terrible IMO,

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Thread reopened to make another point for kane and Heimy. kane wants Brady to pass 50+. Heimy agrees because of Brady's quick release.

This creates a problem. No rushes and quick throws makes TB even more one dimensional. Cowboys only have to defend short passes. If you are not going to keep them honest with the run, you need to spread out the secondary so that means Brady needs more time and his dead as fuck arm needs to make the long, accurate throws.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
All season he couldn't do that. Those wins at the end were pathetic. Defenses played soft. They didn't play the same they did the other 55 minutes. Brady has not shown he is still capable of putting the fear of Jared Goof in NFLe corners. That's what he needs to do MNF or hope Dak gifts them.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
You know I'm right. I want to cee Brady beat the Cowboys without Dak's help by throwing screens and short passes the entire game and Cowboys not able to stop or adjust.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The problem is tampa threw more than anyone in the league BUT we are right that they ran too much. Every game they played conservative and kept beating their heads against the wall trying to run up the middle on 3rd and 2.

Game after game they got behind because their offense continually stalled in the first half, only then did they try to pass, by the way, tampa has the most pathetic pass play calling around - almost zero mid range passes. all short less than 3-4 yd pass attempts with only the occasional deep shot mixed in.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
a good bet may be first score being a FG. TB’s inability to run and they play for a lot of FG’s early to get the lead (seemed like it anyway).

mr merlin

EOG Master
And there is no valid reason why only short passes?
I assume it's because leftwich is told the game plan by the Idiot Bowles.

Many times they've made 8 yds passing on first down, then run up the middle for zero on 2nd, another run on 3rd for 1 yd, then they mix it up and run up the middle on 4th and 1 and fail. The plays they call are all horrible and predictable too - simple handoffs from a bunched formation.

I've watched all year - the worst thing that can happen to them is to gain 7-8 yds on first down - they will stubbornly attempt to barely get a first down every time(almost always by running). How about throwing the ball on 2nd and 2 and really put the defense on their heels?

Brady is plenty good enough to move the ball passing.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I assume it's because leftwich is told the game plan by the Idiot Bowles.

Many times they've made 8 yds passing on first down, then run up the middle for zero on 2nd, another run on 3rd for 1 yd, then they mix it up and run up the middle on 4th and 1 and fail. The plays they call are all horrible and predictable too - simple handoffs from a bunched formation.

I've watched all year - the worst thing that can happen to them is to gain 7-8 yds on first down - they will stubbornly attempt to barely get a first down every time(almost always by running). How about throwing the ball on 2nd and 2 and really put the defense on their heels?

Brady is plenty good enough to move the ball passing.
If Brady was on Minn, he would throw to Theilen all game while not getting the ball to JJ, that’s his arm now,

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Brady is not mobile, he's fragile, dead arm, no running game, shaky O line. Pnly because gifted every win after 2-0 except Carolina are we having this discussion.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If Brady tiki torches the Boys secondary and TB wins, I will mea cookie to kane, Heimy and mikey. If Brady gets sloppy Sammy stuffed, none of them will mea cookie. kane will even argue he was right.